bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 15, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 15, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Dec 15, 12 12:53 AM
seems to be an "ok" game a little slow ,the cursor when i went to change it to custom it stayed same size,not really worh the money or waste of a coupon, sorry fellow fishies

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 15, 12 1:17 AM
I think this is a fantastic game. They had me at the opening. To me this is an epic game. Very immersive game play, hidden object scenes at a good ratio to the adventure, and the music is very atmospheric. It's a definite buy for me. I've been waiting for a game like this for a while now.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 15, 12 1:28 AM
Another Fairy Tale, and this time - variation of "The Beast and the Beauty"! Great graphics, help out of the HOS, Map, and...expected romance...

Definitely a buy!

Wonderful x-mas to all!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 15, 12 1:37 AM
From a new developer (to me, anyway) comes this very strange tale concerning a beast that has taken a beautiful girl in the place of her father----except she seems to be on furlough----but then disappears. Anyway, it plays far better than I'm telling.

The scenery is fantastic, the HOS are very well done, and the puzzles are good and on the easy side.

The voiceovers are excellent, and actually add to the mood of the story.

The game is in widescreen.

There is an interactive map that you can use to go to places already visited and even features a viewfinder that shows the layout of the scene you will be taken to.

The journal is actually helpful, listing your objectives as well as telling the story and keeping important clues.

An outstanding game, and an SE at that. Throw in a little extra game play, and a strategy guide and you'd be talking a CE. So it's a buy for me!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 15, 12 2:29 AM
Morning, all...

When you click on the "Play" button on your Game Manager, it will disappear, but comes back when you exit the game.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

There is automatic widescreen.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor, the system cursor being a smaller version of the custom cursor.

Your Diary, which includes Objectives, is at the left. Just underneath is the Menu button.

The Hint button is at the right. Outside of the HOS (hidden object scens), it tells you and shows you where you have to go next.

Above the Hint button is your Interactive Map. It shows you where you are, which areas you can jump to, and which areas are still locked.
Click on each available spot on the map, and an image of that place will appear at the top in the "View finder".

The HOS are interactive.

Puzzles can be skipped.

I am happy to see that both the Hint and Skip buttons fill within 25 seconds in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

There is quite a bit of dialogue, but I love it. It all sounds very natural and I do like all the characters.

I would have preferred it if the items I pick up don't stay in the middle of the screen but go straight into my inventory. But I always have to first click on them. Oh well...

Graphics are well done, although I was a little concerned about the HOS I came across, especially the first one, which gave me a lot of trouble finding objects. Still wish the developers would stop adding "sun beams" streaming into the HOS. Can't see a thing when they do that.

Anyway, enjoyed the gameplay, so I am off to get the full version.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 15, 12 2:49 AM

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 3:26:18 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 15, 12 3:29 AM
wow what a awesome game, I tried the demo and when it ran out i bought the game, Thanks DEV's you did a outstanding job keep up the good work, I loved everything about your game the graphics and music was beautiful..Thx BF for this game for your fishes to play today..

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 15, 12 9:18 AM
Since my childhood, I have always loved fairy tales. This is a different spin on Beauty and the Beast with a very interesting storyline.

The graphics and voice-overs are very well done. The game has interactive as well as fragmented hidden object scenes and some different puzzles.

All in all, this is an extremely well-done SE game and well worth the price.

I highly recommend you give this enchanting game a try.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 15, 12 9:54 AM
I agree with Valdi...we do enough clicking around without the need to click again on an item we already picked up. Anyway, not a bad game at all. Some reviews were less than friendly, but I play to decide for myself.

Nice clear graphics, although a bit cartoon like. Love the accent in the voice-over, although Belle sounds a bit put on. Game play nice, music okay. Didn't care for the first HOG...I prefer color in my HOGs so I can find things easier. I don't mind the need to really look for them, but monochrome is really boring.

Hint seems to recover quickly and is helpful. I think I need to pay more attention to the book in this game. It's hard for me to do, because I like to play and do not want to have to read my way through a game.

That being said, this was a nice little game. Nothing new or exciting, not exceptional, but a nice SE for a change. Thanks!!! Slightly different twist on a very old story. I am going to use a credit for this one.

As always, play it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 15, 12 10:58 AM
From the developer who brought us Samantha swift, midnight mysteries, brings us an *old fashioned, charming game – retelling of beauty and the beast. *I mean that in the good sense, what good HOGs used to look like – more cluttered scenes, hardly any junk piles, good plot, nice graphics. And this is mainly a HOG game as it’s quite heavy on the HOS, but there also is a lot of different areas to explore as well.

There are two choice of settings and the hardest does have sparkles for HOS but when you repeat them, I guess you have to have sparkles. You can’t change settings once you start, but you do have skip and hint buttons on the hardest. There is a transporter map, on hardest setting there is no map tips but I don’t know if there are any on the casual mode. I liked that when you hover and area it brought up the picture of the scene.

I think the plot was good but did prefer mystery legends: beauty and the beast game, but there were some nice added characters and development in the plot. The voiceovers were mainly excellent although a couple of the female leads sometimes, not as much. You can skip the dialogue if you read faster than the voiceover. There is a journal with objectives in it which also sparkles on every update which I don’t like.

If you prefer harder HOS but easier puzzles then this is the game for you, as some of those items were really hard to find and I did resort to hint buttons. Also some items, more at the beginning were very hard to find in a scene that you had to pick up. The first HOS you come across I nearly gave up with this game, as it was junk pile and not nice to look at it, but it is the worst in the game.

In the demo I thought this would be a very easy game but with a lot of different scenes and backtracking, combined with hard HOS it isn’t although the puzzles are.

TBC

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 15, 12 10:59 AM
continued

One of my pet peeves in games is backtracking purely to see if you have to repeat a HOS. I don’t mind as much if you have to go back to an area to do something else and then discover a HOS but when there is a HOS in an area where there is nothing else to do except do a repeat HOS, it’s irritating to me as how would you guess this, and when to do it? (and the journal sometimes wasn't helpful).

I had to go to a walkthrough a couple of times purely because of this. If the hint button was a mini guide and not the ‘keep going back arrow’ kind it would have been easier. But as you don’t repeat all HOS scenes and there are a lot of HOS, I didn’t have the patience to keep going back over scene multiple times to see if I had to replay it.

HOS (hidden object scenes)
29 in total

1 find “x” amount of same item
7 (one repeat) find the shape/item in a scene
21 list (14 original list scenes) – mildly interactive

You had to play one three times.

There is a random click penalty on mode I played, most scenes were very hard, others not as much but there were a lot of very well blended in items or tiny items. I didn’t mind that so much as most were not junk pile and nice to look at.

17 puzzles

Most were very easy, couple were medium and one took me a while.
Those who don’t like pentagrams there is one which you interact with at the end but it’s not a dark game at all.

My own personal rating, this game is a good solid 3 stars because of how they repeated the HOS and having to go to a walkthrough (also I don't like as many HOS) but for a good straight SE which I like to support and good length, good plot, gameplay etc it does deserve 4 stars.

Time 4hrs 30mins (but that was with some hints, and walkthrough a couple of times)

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 10:14:23 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 15, 12 2:43 PM
I enjoyed this game and it was nice having another fairy tale. Game played smooth and music and graphics were quite nice. It has a map and also lists the tasks. Hints reload fast and puzzles are fun too. Give this 3 out of 5 stars.. Guess I should have waited until I finished or tried to finish.. Could not get the piece from the fountain as it must have been on a side that could not be seen. I will not buy this and it's not a 3out of 5 stars but a hands down NO

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 11:28:30 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 15, 12 4:30 PM
Update:

After playing this game for a while, I find that it is extremely familiar...every room, every person I meet, the works. Am I dreaming, or did this have another name at some point in time? Seems to play well, and I really like the jump map (saves a lot of time running around).

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 15, 12 5:34 PM
Well, if you can get past the less than stellar artwork, I suppose it is just as good as many. It has features not always found in an SE…

Wide screen
Voice overs
Transporting Map

A tad too heavy on the HOs (some interactive items), puzzles pretty easy so far.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 15, 12 5:38 PM

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 3:29:25 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 15, 12 5:48 PM

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 3:32:00 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 15, 12 7:48 PM
This is a beautiful game as a SE!
It's true, maybe some staff from the old "Beauty and the Beast" are on this game! But overall a nice game and well worth the price.
I recommend at least to do a free trial, many people will like it!
Thanks to the Devs. and BF !
Happy gaming !

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 16, 12 4:52 AM
Live like characters, great graphics, fils my 26" screen very well. Good storyline, HOS graphics can sometimes be kinda of not clear, but I guess thats HOS. Different modes, either straight forward HOS or find certain object eg a sun amulet etc

LOVE IT!

Go to: