bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any The Torment of Whitewall Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 16, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any The Torment of Whitewall Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 16, 12 12:42 AM
I got to the first HOG scene and didn't receive any item once I'd found all the things on the list. So went to look at SG; I should have received a cane. Then the SG froze, and I had to ctl alt del.
Took two attempts for the task manager to get rid of the game.
Something odd with this game!

Edited toi say I restarted under a different profile and got the cane. The cursor is very picky, and it took three attempts to pick up another object outside the castle.
I used the SG again just to test whether it would freeze again or not, and it did!

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 1:09:49 AM PST

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any The Torment of Whitewall Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by froggie10 on Dec 16, 12 1:26 AM
Same thing here

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 16, 12 1:32 AM
I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be the only one with these issues. I didn't like the game once I had managed to play it a bit more, so I won't be buying it. If I had liked it, I would have waited to see if there are more glitches to come in this tech thread.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 16, 12 3:04 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry that you experience problems with getting the crane in the first hidden object scene and that the game seems to freeze when you try to open the strategy guide.

If you can't get the crane, I would recommend to uninstall and reinstall to make sure that all files are in the right place and then restart the game with a new profile.

If you experience freezes after opening the strategy guide, updating your drivers will help your computer to display the game as best as possible, which could help avoid the freezing.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 3:04:36 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 16, 12 3:24 AM
This game has a glitch in it and when i get ready to close the game it freezes, I will pass on this game i did like the story line, the sounds was ok, graphics was not real clear, not worth the CE price, plus the fact of the freezing.o[ on me.. better luck next time dev's..

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

game freezes

[Post New]by bluesinew on Dec 16, 12 6:31 AM
There is glitch in the game ... it freezes up...not a buy for me. Too many games, not enough time.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 16, 12 7:28 AM
Not a technical issue with the demo since I haven't played it yet. My issue was with the download; a file of 350-odd mb would normally take around 4 minutes. This download took 40 minutes

I use mobile broadband which allows me to d/l using HSPA+ and I can see the speeds I get. This d/l was about 10 times slower than it usually is. The past 2-3 days have been the same. Everything else downloads as normal.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Dec 16, 12 8:33 AM
I am getting a resolution not supported notice. what can I do to fix that?

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Dec 16, 12 9:03 AM
i just got through the tunnel and talk to the posh man and it boots me out ? is that a glitch or end of demo i only played for 14 mins ???

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 9:03:55 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 16, 12 4:05 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like there are a few different things popping up with this game. I'll go over some things that may help in each case ~

When a game freezes up or boots you out (crashes), the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers, and the programs that handle those aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Errors regarding resolution could also be resolved by getting those updates, so if you're running into that issue, please check out the article above too.

If it's taking longer than it should for the game to download, it may be that another program is interfering with that process for some reason. The article below goes over some things you can check in that case:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

But no matter what your problem, if you try those troubleshooting ideas and things are still not working correctly, our Tech Support Team will definitely be happy to work with you directly to get things resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

tsenones
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tsenones on Dec 16, 12 8:31 PM
I have downloaded the game twice. When the game starts I have sound effects but no music. Then when I click PLAY, I get an access error violation and the game crashes. I guess others are luckier, they at least get a chance to play.

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Dec 16, 12 10:48 PM
First scene in the game has "white out". Tried moving to next scene, was successful only to have the characters jumping up and down on the screen - everything else was fine. Until I went into the Town Square scene - went back to the "white out" and did not allow me to go back to the previous scene. Again, my computer is completely up-to-date on all drivers, Direct X, Flash, etc. It also has 74 GBs of memory. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the trial but to no avail. The problem is not my computer.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 17, 12 3:37 AM
Heya Fishies, welcome to the Pond!

It sure isn't nice that more of you are having problems with the game.

tsenones - As you receive an access violation message when you try to start the game you might find some steps on how to get around this error here.

Lestat195 - While you mention that your computer is up to date, it sounds like it does have some problems to display the game. As new drivers are being released frequently it never hurts to make sure if not maybe a newer one was released since the last update! You can find all the steps to do that here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

kwitmer
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kwitmer on Dec 17, 12 6:01 AM
WHY NO HINTS? awful game to play.can't figure out where do go.

JAL03
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by JAL03 on Dec 17, 12 11:57 AM
chrysteen wrote:I am getting a resolution not supported notice. what can I do to fix that?

I too. I've tried it at three different resolutions and STILL get same message. A little help here?

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 18, 12 2:06 AM
Hi JAL03,

This message can indicates that the graphic drivers may not support the game. To make sure what is going on, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Dec 19, 12 6:33 AM
Are we going to get an update on this game stating that the freezing problem and other glitches have been resolved? Definitely something wrong.

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Dec 19, 12 5:23 PM
update the video card and graphics drivers....

I am sooo tired of reading this over and over and over and over and over etc...

Gets a little monotonous doesn't it ?????

I originally posted on Dec 16th "display resolution not supported ... ???"

At that time I was told by Mr_Russ on Dec 16, 12 3:07 PM
"Try looking at your physical cable connections between PC and monitor. Sometimes this message is because the cable is working loose under gravity."

Thanks Mr_Russ but as I am using a laptop this was of no use to me at all.

Then I get the same old routine " update the video card and graphics drivers" ...

Now I see that I am not the only person with this issue ... chrysteen and JAL03 are also having the same issue.

Seems the games are having more frequent and varying issues...think it may be time to swim to another pond...

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 21, 12 3:00 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about these issues, and if you haven't already it would be a huge help if you would write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. The more information we're able to collect, the more we'll have to present to the developer if a fix is needed.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Go to: