bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 17, 12 12:29 AM
In a run-down part of Oldtown, Dr. Mal's surgery is open for business. Brace yourself for the graveyard shift as a range of weird and wacky patients gather in your waiting room. Using all of Mal's medical prowess, can you help to diagnose them all before sunrise in this wacky solitaire game?

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Dec 17, 12 5:11 AM
No, I am afraid not.

Though I really love Solitaire games and especially this type, I couldn't get past the ugly cartoony graphics and annoying music/sounds in this game... I really tried to like it, but it just looks like crap!

Maybe fun for kids...

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Dec 17, 12 11:07 AM
this the first game in about a month that didn't have glitches. figures it works right cause it's not a buy for me. very boring.

Awards

[Post New]by themouse020 on Jan 31, 13 7:01 AM
I'm totally addicted to this game - just tickles my weird funnybone. I've managed to get most of the little "awards," but two of them elude me. One looks like a brush, and the other an alarm clock. Can anyone tell me what these two awards are for? And, a note to the developers - it would be good to let players know what these awards are, so we can play for them - yes, I get that at least one of them depends on you clicking something to reveal a hidden surprise. Anyway, an answer would be appreciated, before I run out of patients again (have done all 50 twice, and now on third go-round, and yes that's pathetic) ....hee hee.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Feb 10, 13 7:17 AM
@themouse020

Thanks for your comments. The two awards which are eluding you are:

Clean Sweep Award - remove all of the cards from the board, without having to turn over a new foundation/basecard.

Quick Play Award - quickly remove all of the cards from the board - I don't recall off the top of my head but I think it allows you, like, one second per card (less on Tricky setting). So for example if there's 30 cards on the board, you need to remove them all in under 30 seconds.

HTH

Dave
DesktopGaming

[Post New]by themouse020 on Feb 11, 13 6:28 AM
Thanks for the info. No wonder I haven't gotten those awards yet.. Guess I'll just have to play a few million more times (yippee yippee!). I liked this game so much, I bought your other Solitaire title and am enjoying that one too. Keep 'em coming! And just so you know, I thought it was stupid that you had to remove the blood from Dr Mal's exam room - always a shame when games have to be politically correct.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Feb 13, 13 7:02 AM
@themouse020 - I didn't "have" to remove it - I chose to on the basis that it was grossing a few people out, and it wasn't a decision I took lightly as personally, I loved the original look.

Ultimately I don't want to offend or upset even one person, as that isn't what I write games for. I do it to entertain people and, in the case of Dr Mal (and Crime Solitaire), make them laugh - or at least smile.

At the end of the day, Dr Mal is not a game to be taken seriously. I think that the very, very silly medical conditions, characters and the good doctor himself, all reflect that.

And yes, I will indeed "keep them coming"!

[Post New]by happyhorse72 on May 16, 13 7:16 PM
I've gotten three of the awards for card combos (the first two columns of awards) (the 10, 20 and 25-card combos), the first four awards for diagnosing patients (1, 10, 20 and 30), the awards for unlocking each power up (Garbage Can Undo, Black Sheep Wild Card, Funnybone X-Ray, Mal's Bright Idea and the Golden Cheese), the Quick Play award, the Perfect Play award, the first three awards for collecting certain star amounts (100, 200 and 500 stars), the Mr. Woodman award and all five awards for whacking certain amounts of Mals in the Whack-A-Mal minigame.

desktopgaming, how do I get the award at the far left of the top row, the award at the far left of the second row, and the second award from the left in the third row?
The awards I am talking about all look the same: they look similar to the 10-Card Combo award but the first award I want to know about seems to look like it's less than 10, while the second award looks like it's in between the 10 and the 20 card combo awards, and the third award looks like the largest of the card combo awards.
Any answers you can give me would be appreciated.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 3:20:03 PM PST

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 30, 13 1:35 AM
Based on the demo.

This is the craziest, whackiest looniest game of solitaire I have ever played. The music is zany, crazy, upbeat, and fun.
The graphics are festive, with a doctor who looks like a clown, examining patients with a chainsaw for brain, bone, and blood disorders.

It's a lot of fun but because it is dark themed I would not recommend it for children. It's just got a creepy feel to it.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 8, 14 6:08 AM
BlackWaterRules wrote:Based on the demo.

This is the craziest, whackiest looniest game of solitaire I have ever played. The music is zany, crazy, upbeat, and fun.
The graphics are festive, with a doctor who looks like a clown, examining patients with a chainsaw for brain, bone, and blood disorders.

It's a lot of fun but because it is dark themed I would not recommend it for children. It's just got a creepy feel to it.

Creepy feel to it? Interesting how people get different aspects on things. I NEVER got a creepy feeling to any of the levels nor the stages within the levels; I just felt happy and laughed a good deal of the time on the appearances of the patients and occasionally with the doctor when he was in his office mumbling and when he was on the board with the cards tapping on the "window" while I was away momentarily doing something else -- like put the dog outside on her dog run.

MEnr56

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 11, 14 8:25 AM
I do recommend this game.I did play until the demo ran out..This one is a keeper..
Have fun fishes..Thx DEV's for being so creatived..You all do have a sense of humor..
Tickles the funny bone once in awhile we need a good laugh.. thx

Go to: