bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Post any Weird Park: Scary Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 17, 12 12:36 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any Weird Park: Scary Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by kangoods on Dec 18, 12 6:43 AM
That's funny what happened to this forum. Yesterday there was 7 pages of complaints about getting to inventory. Was there a fix and I didn't know it?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 18, 12 9:48 AM
Hi kangoods,

Yes! We did get an updated version of the game that addressed the issue with the Inventory. You can read more about it here.

We also started this new tech thread to collect info about any issues that come up with this new version - this helps us keep things more organized so we aren't tracking an older issue, or can see that things are still not working right even with the update.

Once you get the new version, if you do run into any trouble, please let us know!

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Dec 19, 12 5:05 PM
hi I am not a happy gamer today. I bought this game before the fix and I had no problems when I played on the setting 1280x1024. Today I tried to play with the fix and I can't access the game I get an error: access violation. Nice fix

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Dec 19, 12 6:38 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can not get gas can from car.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Dec 19, 12 7:07 PM
I found that accessing the inventory could be a pain in the rear, as it didn't easily come up. Other than that, no problems.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 20, 12 3:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are still having issues to get the game to run properly.

carnick, an Access Violation is a non-specific error that can result from incompatibility between your system and a particular game. This problem is often linked to video card and graphics issues. It’s possible that the game is either not suited for the computer’s current graphics configuration, or a more recent driver update was released sometime after the video card was installed on your computer.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can start looking into this and offer you the best troubleshooting.

lauder, is the game freezing or is there something you're missing to progress in the game? Is the Hint button of any help? You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Sometimes this can help. Or, you may also continue to play and will be given the chance at some point to replay this scene.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Dec 20, 12 4:31 PM
I'm back....I see the original tech. problems thread is locked...?
My original d/l problems still exist. I was excited to see on Dec. 17th a new, hopefully fixed download, so, I uninstalled my old one & installed the 'fixed' one. However, same old, same old. Very slow download again, then the whole thing froze, same as last time. So..I have bought a game I can't play. I d/l the demo for the new 'Nutcracker' with no problems, enjoyed it, but afraid to buy & encounter the same problems as with 'Weird'
So, I back playing some of my old games. Sigh.
Merry Christmas to all you fishies. And the Big Fish staff.
dm

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 21, 12 3:14 PM
Hey donamae222,

Thanks so much for uninstalling and reinstalling that update, and I'm sorry to hear those freezing issues are still happening.

Each game is designed a little differently, so it's likely that if the trial for the Nutcracker was OK then the full version should work, despite those freezing issues for this game.

While troubleshooting is limited here, if you contact Tech Support they'll work with you directly to help try and resolve those issues.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Also, the old tech thread was locked after the update was released so that we could collect specific information for the developers about any issues with the new build.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by lilfishbigpond2 on Jan 31, 13 11:33 AM
lauder wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can not get gas can from car.

[Post New]by lilfishbigpond2 on Jan 31, 13 11:34 AM
lauder wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can not get gas can from car.
[/quote set your DPI to125% that will fix it!

[Post New]by steelegardens on Feb 9, 13 7:02 AM
hey everybody... here's an issue that i haven't seen anyone mention...
my sound/music is screwed up.
it's blaring, distorted, stops and starts... it's unbearable no matter how low i have the sound turned down so my only option is to turn it off.

my drivers are up to date and i've uninstalled/reinstalled.

any thoughts?
thanks!

[Post New]by BinnerGirl on Mar 1, 13 10:18 AM
steelegardens wrote:hey everybody... here's an issue that i haven't seen anyone mention...
it's blaring, distorted, stops and starts... it's unbearable no matter how low i have the sound turned down so my only option is to turn it off.

any thoughts?
thanks!

I'm having the same problem as Steelegardens and I see their issue hasn't been addressed. I can only play this game by turning the sound completely down. Any fixes for this? Thanks.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Mar 8, 13 10:47 PM
BinnerGirl wrote:
steelegardens wrote:hey everybody... here's an issue that i haven't seen anyone mention...

any thoughts?
thanks!

I'm having the same problem as Steelegardens and I see their issue hasn't been addressed. I can only play this game by turning the sound completely down. Any fixes for this? Thanks.

Make that three of us. I'm having an issue with the sound distortion and can not play becuase it makes me crazy!

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Apr 20, 13 12:20 PM
I had a problem in the library with the maze game where you have to guide the red ball through; at one point the ball needed to move one step left, it should have been able to go, and it couldn't progress without going there - but it wouldn't move in any direction except back the way it came, so the maze couldn't be completed. I had to skip that one to get past.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Jun 21, 13 12:24 AM
Hi there. I've checked for Mac software updates - I have everything in place. Basically, I have completed the "Card Suit" lock on the underwater chest correctly - quite clearly the components are in their correct location (and it really is a very easy puzzle). Nonetheless, the chest won't open and, clearly, I can no longer continue playing. The game seems fun, but not fun enough to be worth restarting from scratch only to end up here agin!
1) Has anyone else experienced this?
2) Any suggestions?

I must say - judging by the strings of issues - that this game should probably have been rather more rigorously beta-tested!

Many thanks,
lsr103

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Sep 12, 13 2:00 PM
Hi lsr103,

I'm playing on a PC and am also stuck on the heart-spade-diamond-club chest. I've tried restarting and doing it over and over, but like you said, there doesn't seem to be any other combination. I really don't want to hit the Skip button. Somewhere else I read that the "correct sequence" is scratched on a piece of wood, but that doesn't seem to apply to this puzzle.

Did you ever figure this out?

I have not had any of the technical issues others have reported, except that it didn't fill my screen until I unchecked widescreen. Some graphics are a little fuzzy but that's okay since I really love this game.

Marsha

[Post New]by Georgiewent2play on Sep 22, 13 4:34 PM
Hi,
On iPad and even though I've got the correct positions for the levers in the cellar, I can't get the levers to move so I can enter the next room. I've watched the movie and the positions have been noted in my book, and turned the valve etc. Is this a bug as it seems many other iPad users have the same issue?
I've bought this and loved it until this happened.
Please help.
Carrie

[Post New]by rubyslippers25 on Sep 23, 13 4:46 PM
I'm playing on an iPad running iOS7.

Love the game, but am stuck with the levers in the boiler room. I've watched the film and know where they should be positioned, but they won't move when I click on them.

It's really frustrating! Help please! It appears other iPad users are stuck here too, so can only conclude it's a bug.

[Post New]by Troyison on Sep 23, 13 9:36 PM
Levers in basement don't work. Watched the movie dozens of times. Ipad... This is a bug. Fix it.

Go to: