bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Christmas Wonderland 3

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 18, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Christmas Wonderland 3? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Christmas Wonderland 3 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Wonderland 3

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 18, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 18, 12 1:15 AM
Agreed. Rubbish, even if it has Santa in it it is in the bin.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 18, 12 1:27 AM
The game is colorful and Christmasy and filled my widescreen.

The HOs are very busy and a little too bright for me, however the objects were not difficult for me to find!

All in all, though, not my cup of tea!

I did let the timer run all the way down (five mins.) just to see what would happen, and the only thing that I could see happened, is that I did not get "time left points" added to my score.

As always give it a try, and decide for yourself!

BK

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 18, 12 2:22 AM
Try this game for yourselves................ME NOPE, NOT MY CUP OF EGG NOG......................small junk pile items in the HO's. I'm old as some of us are, stop making the obj small..........................plus I hate that you can't skip though the dial..............................give us a good game for our hard earned money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>want to relax and unwind with a good game, not something thrown together in a couple of days.........BIG FISH WHY NOT PUT OUT A GAME OUT ONCE A WEEK, THAT WAY YOU'LL GIVE US A GOOD ONE..................overtaxing yourself with one a day..................one a day,,,,,6.99 7 days 48.00 -7 x4=192.00 a month sometimes x5 so we spend plenty give us exceptional games.................

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 18, 12 2:28 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is by the same developer who brought ius the little Christmas game last year, the halloween one, "Trick or treat" and the Olympic style one in the summer. (Just checked, it is)

Now although these games are not my cup of tea either, they have a lot going for them.

My supposition is that they are designed for children / for adults tp play with their children.

The scenes are always bright and cheerful and the music always rather fun (if you can bare to leave it on)

In each scene you have hidden extras to look for, in this case Christmas trees, snowmen and Santa's ( In Halloween it is candy canes and skulls) plus there are surprise bonuses to pick up if your mouse hovers over the right spot.

In fact this is one of these games that pays to sweep the whole mouse over page in case you uncover some thing.

Like their other games, I think it is lovely and charming but ever so cheesey but when get grandchildren, this is exactly the sort of game i would love to play with them sitting on my knee.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 18, 12 2:36 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:24:24 AM PST

[Post New]by StormbringerXX on Dec 18, 12 2:38 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 1:52:33 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 18, 12 4:17 AM
Okay. I will try the game forums once more...

If you are a sucker for seasonal HOGs, as I am, you have to get this one.
Having said that, be ready for some eye strain... the graphics and game layout are not as good as last year. This is a bit baffling since Xmas Wonderland 2 was great, as was the latest Halloween offering from these devs. I will be emailing them (the devs) about this. Nevertheless, I love my seasonal games and will offer my support.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 18, 12 4:49 AM
Jojo_the_Joyful ..you are correct, the same developer made all of the holiday games, you mentioned, I own every one of them, and look forward to them on holidays .

These games have now become a tradition, for me, so I am very happy to see this offered today, have been waiting for it .
I am a kid at heart, and these games just bring out my inner child, yes they are heavy on the cheese...lol, and I don't usually care for cheese, but with these games, it just seems to work.
I just LOVE how colorful and bright, the graphics are, and I just love collecting the extra's, santa, snowmen etc, that these games always have in them, plus like Jojo said, some items are hidden, so besides the normal items to find, you have to check for all of the hiding spots also, in each scene .
And while the puzzles and mini's are not brain taxing, by any means, they are fun and cute to play IMHO, so I've come to enjoy that part of this game as well .

I just find these type of games, so relaxing to play, and they do make me feel like a kid again, and with the holidays, comes stress, at least for me anyway, so I am happy to go back to my childhood, for a few hours .

I know these games won't appeal to everyone, but that is what I LOVE about the BF pond, there is something for everyone, and that is what it is all about really.
For those of you still young at heart, you don't need kids to purchase these games, you just might find, you enjoy them yourself .

Campinrat
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Campinrat on Dec 18, 12 6:23 AM
Well, since I cannot get enough of HOS's..I think it is a good game. Yes, there are so many objects it is hard to decipher what is what..sorry, but even with magnifiers on...I could barely see those tiny keys. Since I now own all three and just recently downloaded the prior two, just to play a "non-macabre," non-evil looking, dreary car accident with ghost and demons game. What ever happened to magical ones??? I have scanned the internet looking for good Christmas ones, but found nothing that I wanted to join another game club to get a good price on. I also did "not" know we had to look for snowmen and elves for extra points.although I was clicking Santa's and Candy Canes like lasts years to no avail. Perhaps Casual Arts could tell us what is included instead of happening up on them...that would be nice! So even though I have no children, much less grandchildren...I think this one, as a prior post mentioned, would be great having them set on your knee to do. So I would give it 4 stars just because Casual Arts came up with a new one for Christmas!

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Dec 18, 12 7:01 AM
This is a hidden object game with some puzzles perfect for this time of the year. A very bright and cheery game that may be on the simple side for those who like adventure style games but to my mind this game is listed by BF as a hidden object game and so on that basis it delivers.
The scenes are packed with detail and you have casual and expert modes to choose to play. Music in the background is in line with the festive theme. The scenes for me were a bit cluttered and I found some objects to be a bit on the small side but not impossible to find.
There is a timer but you can still play the game even after it expires. You can earn more points the faster you finish a scene. There are also bonus points for finding extra hidden Christmas objects like a snowman or Santa.
I believe this game should be judged fairly on what it wants to deliver and not to be judged on the many wonderful and not so wonderful Collector’s Editions that have been released recently. Is it mainly for children? Probably but there are some stressed or time challenged people who do not have hours to play everyday and perhaps can be enjoyed in short spells for those people.
SE games like this fills a void and are not to everyone’s taste. I’m sure many will sniff at this game and compare it to CE games that are touted with loads of bells and whistles but a SE game like this appeals to some people, especially people who don’t like dark games as so many games now have missing children, missing girlfriends/ boyfriends, terrorised villages etc. The world would be a dull place indeed if everyone only liked one type of game. Will I buy this game for myself? No, to be honest this is not my type of game but I will be buying this for my cousins who will definitely like it and maybe for my grandmother too as she hates dark games.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 18, 12 7:38 AM
this game gives you the x-mas feeling, but it is a no buy for us.-----------doug & lisa

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Dec 18, 12 7:46 AM
CasualGamePlayer did a great job describing the game.

After reading that post and some of the other reviews I thought I'd give it a try because I have a 4 year old grandchild living with me. But this would not be for her. She wouldn't know what some of the items were when I'd read them to her and they were very often too small for me to read. And many of the items were so small I couldn't see them to help her. Everything is so small that until I hit hint I thought I was looking for 3 elf HALF(s). This game would just be frustrating for both of us. We went and read a Christmas golden book and that was more fun. But this could have been a cute one for her. I think the reason they have older children pictured is because you need to be that old to manage this game.

Just to let those of you who do have young grandkids sitting on your knee know, she liked the Nutcracker and making the Perfect Tree and so did I.

Edited on 12/18/2012 at 7:48:44 AM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 18, 12 8:49 AM
If you have Christmas Wonderland 1 or 2, 3 is pretty much the same thing. I was hoping they would make improvements, maybe more of an adventure. It's an easy HOG, story that could have been invented by a 4 year old, and super easy puzzles. I can't even recomend this for the kiddies. We all have different tastes in games, so for all who like this, enjoy!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 18, 12 9:20 AM
This series and this dev's Halloween series definitely fall on my "guilty pleasures" list & will always be a buy for me barring major technical issues

Cursor is a wee bit hinky - but not a game ender!

As the reviews indicate - these games are not everyone's cuppa - but if you just want to relax (well - sort of - many of these items are small!) and have some silly Christmas fun; these are for you!

Nice bright colors, seasonal music, fun puzzles & if you want to race the clock and go for all the extra "hidden goodies" these can be a challenge!

Give it a try; this one just may put a (guilty!!) smile on your face too! And;

Happy Gaming!

bmn5772
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by bmn5772 on Dec 18, 12 11:59 AM
It was a loser for me. The first one is the best! I don't like the school classroom look either, for obvious reasons...................really not good quality.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 18, 12 2:42 PM
Christmas Wonderland 3 is a great addition to the series. It's a LOT more challenging and I'm really miffed that I could not find all those pesky snowmen. So I'm going to go back through and write down where they are all at, and where those extra things are that like to hide so well that only running your cursor over stuff will find them. I love it but I was a little disappointed that you could not have taken the time to spell out Christmas instead of Xmas when the plane flew with its banner. Would not have taken that much more time or trouble.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 18, 12 8:15 PM
Since I enjoy the first two in the Christmas Wonderland series, I thought this might be added to my holiday game collection.

But unfortunately, it was not to be. The objects in this one are just too small for me and my aging eyes plus the scenes felt way too busy. The sounds were less than appealing -- crowd sounds of a packed mall, not my happy spot.

Back to the cheerful 'old time' more traditional holiday feeling I enjoy so much when I replay #1 and #2.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 19, 12 1:42 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:23:36 AM PST

Go to: