bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

The Mac version is here! 19th of December 2012

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 19, 12 12:23 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 19th of December 2012n

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 19, 12 6:28 AM
What's the point in Mac games that don't work on a Mac? Once again this game doesn't work on my post Feb 2011 17" MacBook Pro OS X version 10.8.2 running Mountain Lion? It's just about the most up to date Mac there is!
I'm tired of it quite frankly. I bought the Mac purely for gaming, and for when my W7 machine is back with the manufacturer as it often is.
To date about one game has run properly, even those I've bought have sluggish cursor movement, or forever black screens that require patience to wait for the colour to return.
This game won't let me put any items down in the HO scenes. And even if its the right item it just freezes up, so I have to hard shut down. Installed/uninstalled twice but same issue, so have deleted it (once again).
My Mac has all the requirements asked for on the game page. According to my last Dr Felix report the game devs aren't supporting my graphics card. Well, what am I supposed to do? Bin it and get an ancient machine from a second hand shop that jollies up with theirs?
I've all these punchcard vouchers, and no games for ages to use them on. My fault for buying CEs, which I won't bother with in future.
Looks like a spiffing Xmas playing BFGs...not!
BF said they were talking to devs about the Mac issues. If this happened to PC games as frequently I'm sure the issues would be sorted in a jot.
Just fed up and frustrated with the whole thing

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 19th of December 2012

[Post New]by snookataylor on Dec 19, 12 7:44 AM
Well said Belamba. I cant open this game either, but I think I know the reason why. I've had my mac for about 5 years and the graphics card cannot be updated - bit stupid when everything else can be updated. If I want to update my graphics card I have to buy a new Mac !!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 19, 12 8:04 AM
Hi snookataylor,
Well mine has a bang up to date graphics card and its not compatible with that either!
In fact mine is too up to date apparantly (according to Dr Felix results)!
Just think they made for a Mac that doesn't exist lol!
If you buy a new Mac it probably still won't work

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 19, 12 9:33 AM
Hey there Fishies,

I know how frustrating it can be when a game isn't working, especially with the update, and if you haven't already please be sure to contact Tech Support. They'll help with some options for the game, and the more people that write in the more information we'll be able to collect for the developer about the issue.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Dec 21, 12 6:34 PM
I'm on a MacBook Pro with OSX10.6.8. The games opens fine & the opening ran OK. I had to double click on everything to get anything to work. When I got to the first HOG scene I was unable to pick objects that had to be used on other objects.

Go to: