bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Fishdom 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 19, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Fishdom 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by CrevDog1 on Dec 23, 12 7:47 PM
HOW DO YOU FINISH LEVEL 128?

ffachet
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Stop the Screen Saver

[Post New]by ffachet on Dec 24, 12 1:36 PM
Even though I have screen saver set to none in Windows, every time I exit Fishdom 3 it automatically activates its own screensaver. This is really rude and annoying. How do I kill the Fishdom screen saver once and for all?

Edited on 12/24/2012 at 1:37:17 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Stop the Screen Saver

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Dec 25, 12 10:17 PM
ffachet wrote:Even though I have screen saver set to none in Windows, every time I exit Fishdom 3 it automatically activates its own screensaver. This is really rude and annoying. How do I kill the Fishdom screen saver once and for all?

make sure to uncheck the set as screen saver box

CelticCoco

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Dec 30, 12 6:50 AM
I can't get the Mac version of the game to download! In fact Dr. Felix wouldn't even work for me! I sent a request in to Customer Support, but with the Holidays no telling when I will hear back from them! And in the meantime I have a game I purchased, but can't play! As soon as the charge hits my credit card I'm putting a dispute on the charge until I can find out what can be done!

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 11:46:55 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 3, 13 3:39 AM
Heya FreeBird01,

I'm really sorry to hear about the Problems you are experiencing.

While the game was advertised for Mac during our recent sale, it is actually not available for Mac at the moment. The version that was purchased would have been the PC version in this case, which is why the game won't download properly or install.

I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Customer Support Team so they can have a look at that for you and get this resolved.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/08/2013 at 2:23:17 AM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 4, 13 8:27 AM
I did get Customer Support and I thought I posted back afterwards, but apparently I didn't. Customer Support explained the same thing you did and were very nice to credit my money back and even gave me a code for a free game! Good job Big Fish Sorry I forgot to report back apparently, but I really thought I had because I remember going to get the for the post? Anyway I hope you get this game for the Mac because I want it badly!!!!!!!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 4:00 AM
I'm so pleased to see this was sorted out for you FreeBird01 and I hope you get another game to enjoy!

For your next game though, I would encourage you to install and play the trial version of that game first so that you can see how it runs for you before committing to a purchase.

This should hopefully avoid any further disappointment.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaiakl

[Post New]by LisaMockingbird on Jan 12, 13 1:28 PM
I turned off the "show hints" but the game still shows hints, if I don't click after about 2 seconds it is pointing out a move. Very very annoying. Off should mean off. I am assuming this is a bug.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 12, 13 3:31 PM
Hi LisaMockingbird,

Some games provide a beginning tutorial when you first play through it, then once the basics are covered, it shouldn't show any additional hints. If you're past the tutorial and the game is continuing to provide hints, please let our Tech Support Team know and they can look into that further for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Jan 17, 13 5:14 PM
Re: Achivements

I've bought all 8 of the backgrounds but the Achievements screen only shows that I've purchased 7. I have also purchased all of the upgrades and I am using all of them in tanks. Is there any way to fix this so I can get the achievement?

Edited on 01/17/2013 at 5:15:54 PM PST

[Post New]by jules9876 on Jan 21, 13 4:39 PM
I'm having the same problem.
bought all 8 backgrounds and have them active in 8 different tanks, but it still says I only have 7.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 30, 13 10:42 AM
Hey there jules9876 and abbyD,

I really appreciate you posting here about those issues getting the achievement for the landscapes.

A few other Fishies have been having similar issues in the game, and our team here is currently looking into why this may be happening.

Until we hear more I would recommend continuing on with the game and on occasion checking back here in the Forums or in the Game Manager for any updates.

Also I would recommend writing in to Tech Support as well so they can collect as much information about the issue.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Queenmonicar6 on Feb 9, 13 6:05 AM
Every time I play the game, it crashes my computer after playing 5-6 levels. I have reported to tech support. I did everything that they told me to do and it still doesn't work. I have no problems with any other games from big fish (and i have a lot). I even tried downloading it a second time after I did everything the support email recommended. Sad, Sad, Sad...I love this game and have all of the versions. I guess I don't expect a solution, since the tech support wasn't able to help, but I would like to know if I'm the only one having this problem

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 14, 13 12:31 PM
Hey there Queenmonicar6, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues with the game crashing.

While I haven't heard of this happening consistently for other players, it's definitely possible that since there are so many possible configurations, this game might have trouble running on the system. It definitely doesn't mean anything is wrong with your computer at all, but that in this case one configuration may not be working with that one game.

With that being said, it's definitely great that you've already been working with Tech Support about this! Hopefully they were able to help with some other options for the game.

Thanks again for posting about the issue and happy swimming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by jaxilee on Feb 16, 13 6:26 AM
Bought the game less than a week ago and just yesterday it started
with jerky movements. Starts out for the first few minutes just fine.
Not having this problem with fishdom 2 or Spooky splash.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 6:34 AM
Hi jaxilee,

Sorry to see you had the game perform so poorly and so suddenly too.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most update to date drivers to run smoothly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be glad to help.

Thanks and hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Feb 16, 13 12:33 PM
My computer crashed last night as I was exiting Fishdom 3. When I went back into Fishdom 3 this morning, it asked me for my name. All of my progress (and it was substantial) had been wiped out. Are there files I can restore from my backups that would get back my progress? If so, what are those files and where are they? I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 16, 13 1:30 PM
Hi Zacx,

I'm sorry to hear that! Sometimes if a game isn't closed normally, it can cause the saved data to become damaged or deleted, but our Tech Support Team will be happy to help with that. Depending on your operating system, the saved files may be in different locations, so getting in touch with them is the best way to receive specialized help.

Hopefully they'll be able to recover your saved game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Feb 19, 13 12:49 PM
I've been having problems with the game suddenly giving me a blue screen that says, in white type, it has encountered a serious problem and has to close. The only way I can exit this screen is to turn off the computer. I have tried uninstalling, then re-installing the game 4 or 5 times. Each time it will play fine for awhile, then this happens. Each time it has happened, it was at a different point in the game, i.e., when i clicked on the fish food, or clicked on Play, or the Store icon. Is this a problem with my computer, or the game? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Go to: