bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any The Curse of the Werewolves technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 19, 12 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Post any The Curse of the Werewolves technical issues here only

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 19, 12 8:11 AM
game is too dark to enjoy playing

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 19, 12 9:35 AM
Hey there enigma5619,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is too dark! There are a few display options on your screen monitor, or on your computer that may help with that, but please be sure to contact Tech Support so they can help provide some specific instructions.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 9:35:41 AM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Dec 19, 12 12:05 PM
Has anyone else lost the hint button. I had it to start with and then after a couple of HOS scenes the map replaced it and I can't get the hint button back. I want to buy the game but not if I have to play the whole game without the back up of a hint every now and then. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still won't come back.

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Dec 19, 12 12:09 PM
I, too, have no hint button. Ideas?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 19, 12 2:52 PM
Hi Fishies,

I did some checking and it looks like the Hint Button is only available within the Hidden Object scenes.

But if it's not showing up there at all, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what's going on.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 2:54:49 PM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Dec 20, 12 11:32 AM
I am stuck in the lighthouse, I have lit the candle on the table but can not make the piece of paper work on the candle to reveal the safe code. I have had to use another walkthrough for this game, which it desparately needs, and the hint button is of no use as well. The H O's are almost impossible because of the darkness. It could be a good game, but at this point I am ready to give up. HELP!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 21, 12 7:01 AM
Hi huffpatsy,

If you've done everything according to that walkthrough you found and still aren't able to progress, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

This will help ensure the game is functioning correctly for you.

If the problem persists after doing this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps will be glad to continue working with you on this by offering more specific help.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Dec 21, 12 11:54 AM
Thank you for your response. I started the game over with a different name and just finished playing. This time everything worked. I still like it better if the hint button is more help. It is not a favorite game but kept me busy.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 21, 12 1:01 PM
That's great news huffpatsy, so happy that did the trick! Thanks for trying that out.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Dec 22, 12 7:33 PM
Game freezes on loading. I get the home screen, it has accepted my user input and name. Click on PLAY and it goes to a screen with the game logo and just sits there. Have to do the "three finger salute" to exit, and THEN I get the numerical error message. First game with Win7 that crapped out on me. ;-Deano

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 27, 12 12:14 PM
Hey DeanoD,

Since the game keeps freezing while loading, running the game as an administrator may definitely help. This step makes sure that the game has access to all of the resources it needs to play. (Just click on the blue text for specific instructions!)

I would also be sure to get in touch with Tech Support. They're great, and will work with you one-on-one on some additional steps to try to resolve those freezing issues.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 29, 12 10:47 PM
The game downloads fine but I'm getting a dialog box saying "video has no support for pixel shaders 2.0". What does that mean and what can I do about it?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 3:38 AM
Hi FishyFemale,

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game displays and runs for you.

If the issues persist after checking out that article however, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Finally, if you do need to contact us and you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 7, 13 3:20 PM
have to click several times to do a task i e pick something up or navigate.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 4:12 AM
Hi iamshiva,

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how your game performs and hopefully, following the advice in the article will make the game more responsive for you.

If the issues persist after checking out that article though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Roice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Roice on Jan 11, 13 1:22 PM
Hi FishyFemale,
I am having the same issue you are having with Pixel Shaders. I researched it and it is a card you have to buy and install. You can't download it. I wonder what will be next.

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 1:24:52 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 11, 13 2:08 PM
Hi Roice and FishyFemale,

Usually, those types of errors referencing pixel shaders means that the video card currently installed in your computer is an integrated video card, and not a physical graphics card that stands alone. Some integrated cards are not designed for gaming, and therefore will give errors when running certain types of games. However, I do recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team to see if they can recommend any options to work around that and get you back to gaming. They may be able to assist in updating programs and drivers so that you can get the game running.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Jan 12, 13 1:25 AM
Hi, I am having problems with the mouse pointer. It keeps stopping when i'm trying to move it. Very jerky and annoying.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 5, 13 10:33 AM
Hey there kelsmanly6,

I'm sorry to hear about those cursor issues!

One trick that may help is to check for any video card driver updates as that can help get the cursor working properly.

Also please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and they'll be happy to work with you directly on some troubleshooting steps.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Go to: