bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for The Curse of the Werewolves

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 19, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Curse of the Werewolves? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Curse of the Werewolves page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Curse of the Werewolves

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 19, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 19, 12 1:33 AM

Played 45 minutes, regular

- 2 modes, regular, expert

- Note book

- Map that shows area of interest, locations of H0 and mini games, you can't jump from one place to another with it

- No hint outside H0

- Skip button

- H0, you interact but the objects you have to find by interaction have no different color in the list, you just find out by yourself. Some objects are really tiny, pretty hard to find

- Mini games not over difficult

- Good graphics

Your grandmother is missing. Statues of werewolves in the park...what happened !!
Can't make up my mind about this one, I would like to know how it ends but I'm a bit put off by the game play........Might spend a punch card credit.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Reasonably good-worth a coupon?

[Post New]by netnanna on Dec 19, 12 1:49 AM
After 1 hour trial played in casual mode.
Music a bit repetitive though not invasive or annoying
Good voice over.
So far an interesting but not gripping story, granny lost to werewolf?
HO scenes returning to same places though objects are added or changed, some interaction (open box, move hat etc), a bit grainy for these old eyes, but found most objects and hints filled quickly.
Helpful map indicating items of interest, HO scenes and mini-games,(all very easy so far).
Some items to find along the way, not indicated with sparkles,
No idea of length though I've only been to grannies house and garden, am about to drive somewhere but know I'll have to return.
Think I'll risk a coupon on this one.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 19, 12 1:57 AM
Wow, this game almost passed by me without me noticing it. I really liked it and Im sure that many will be on the fence about this one. The storyline follows Ashely's adventure while she tries to find her missing Grandmother. Obviously we are dealing with werewolves here and as a warnign, there are some grusome scenes in the beginning of the game.

The Graphics are sharp, but dark and sometimes a bit murkey. Obviously with these types of subject matters, colors and sunlight are usually absent. There are two game modes to choose from and you have voice-overs. A HOPA with an interactive map, puzzles to solve, alot of backtracking and mini-games that were relatively easy. You will find yourselves visitng same HO scenes several times and the Hint button does not work outside which may prove to be a problem for some. After 40 minutes of gameplay, I amin desperate need of a walkthrough and so hope on will be provided.

I do love these types of challenges and have already used one of my game credits on this. Please Please let there be a walkthrough because, seriously I am STUCK!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 19, 12 7:21 AM
I almost missed this one too! Review after playing about half of demo:

Graphic are a bit murky in some of the H0 scenes but are otherwise pretty good. There are some very small items in the scenes and some are "hidden" as in a box - but aren't too difficult to find. I've used the hint only once so far. The puzzles I've encountered aren't too very difficult either - again, so far. I don't know about sounds or voices as I didn't use the speakers. The map is so-so. I did note that I visited the same H0 scene twice pretty quickly but that may be due more to the way I wander around, Some items needed are not found in the H0 scenes but picked them up and held on to them for later.

I am fairy sure I will buy this game but will try a bit more of the demo before I fully decide.

Edit: "fairy" sure = fairLy sure! (Stuck on another game I'm playing I guess!)

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 5:42:30 PM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 19, 12 8:12 AM
game is too dark to enjoy playing

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 19, 12 9:39 AM
Hey there Fishies!

Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback! Sounds like a fun game!

enigma5619: I've replied to another post of yours here, so feel free to click that blue text to see my reply!

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 19, 12 10:50 AM
This is a nice little game, especially as a soft release. I like it better than the regular new release. The story, although not exactly original, still makes me want to know how it ends. Artwork is nice My only complaint is with the hidden object scenes. The font is very small, as are some of the items you have to find. After searching for some items and finding nothing, I realized that some objects require an additional step, but they are not differentiated in the list in any way. I will probably buy this at a later date. This time of year is stressful enough; I don't need to add eyestrain and headache too ! For those with better eyesight than I, try it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Dec 19, 12 11:15 AM
Nilosh wrote:Wow, this game almost passed by me without me noticing it. I really liked it and Im sure that many will be on the fence about this one. The storyline follows Ashely's adventure while she tries to find her missing Grandmother. Obviously we are dealing with werewolves here and as a warnign, there are some grusome scenes in the beginning of the game.

The Graphics are sharp, but dark and sometimes a bit murkey. Obviously with these types of subject matters, colors and sunlight are usually absent. There are two game modes to choose from and you have voice-overs. A HOPA with an interactive map, puzzles to solve, alot of backtracking and mini-games that were relatively easy. You will find yourselves visitng same HO scenes several times and the Hint button does not work outside which may prove to be a problem for some. After 40 minutes of gameplay, I amin desperate need of a walkthrough and so hope on will be provided.

I do love these types of challenges and have already used one of my game credits on this. Please Please let there be a walkthrough because, seriously I am STUCK!

What are you stuck on? a lot of helpful fishies in this pond might put it right for you, and I found the map very helpful as it red dotted items or areas of special interest, usually things you hadn't seen to pick up.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 19, 12 1:21 PM
I thought the graphics were small and hard for my old eyes to see. Would have liked to brighten the screen but didn't see any way to do that. I like stories on Werewolves and would have liked to play longer, maybe tomorrow when my eyes aren't so tired. Liked that it had a map, even if it didn't jump to location but still nice to have map.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 19, 12 2:06 PM

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 2:13:37 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 19, 12 2:08 PM

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 2:14:08 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 19, 12 2:22 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just want to swim in and remind you about our proactive reminder.

We would like posts in this thread to be feedback on the game. If you have other questions or would like help with a certain spot, please start a new thread rather than add those posts here. This will also be really helpful to other Fishies who might have the same questions.

I've gone through and edited a few posts above that didn't include reviews, but you're welcome to re-edit them to add your thoughts on the game.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 19, 12 2:25 PM
I agree, some items were extremely small and the areas were way too dark. Graphics seemed good, music okay (I like sound FX, but not necessarily music), HOGs were pretty much junk piles. Some movements were a bit choppy.

This could have been a very nice little game without much help. I couldn't finish the demo, because I got a headache trying to find some items. Not worth it to me..guess my eyes are too old. Too bad.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 19, 12 11:27 PM
HOS has very very tiny objects and dark surroundings (didnt pay electricity?) Ok so its the storyline, supposed to be dark and scary. In the 1 hr trial I got thru more HO than anything else. The compass is totally "hopeless" when trying to determine where to go, it does help to highlight areas of interest which may be eg inventory objects to collect or just inventory objects to use

This game could be improved with a proper walkthrough. When I google I got loads of rubbish and some broken links of rubbish. So unless the developer doesnt want anybody buying their game, I suggest strongly that they provide ONE!

Voice over was ok as there was not much talk or one-sided self conversation from that girl hero. I guess its ok as a hidden object, puzzle game, its just way too dark and not having walkthrough and hints that at least point u to the right way is really off putting to say the least! A lot of going back and forth searching and REsearching the entire place! Another bummer point

I dont mind having this game free its ok to play through, as graphics are not too bad outside of HO scenes. U can consider getting it with free stamp, other than that, I would say save your $ for much better game

Verdict: 3/5

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 20, 12 5:11 AM
Oooh... now where did BigFish hide this little gem until now? I swear I look every day at the "New Releases" and didn't see this one yesterday.

Anyway, I have been waiting for this one.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is widescreen. Yayyy...

The graphics are beautiful: crystal clear and clean images.

Your Diary is right above the Inventory.

The Menu button is at the left.

Your Map is at the right. It shows you where you are, where HOS are, where mini games are, and where some action is needed. It can't be used to jump.

The Hint button is not part of the main scenes, and only appears in the HOS.
It takes about a minute for the Hint button to refill in Casual mode.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are interactive, but you have to find out for yourself which of the objects in your list are hidden. Move your cursor over the area, and when it turns into a hand, you have found an interactive place.

Puzzles can be skipped. You won't see the SKIP button until it's ready to be used, so don't panic - you can skip the puzzles.

--- --- ---

Well, this game is a little different in that it hasn't got a Hint button to be used in the main scenes, and in that the Diary is right above the Inventory.

What I liked was that I didn't see any sparklies even in Casual mode, except for the HOS. So I had to move my cursor around a scene until it changed into a hand. I liked that a lot.

Well... not much more I can say, except that I will be getting this game.

Just wanted to add that this game is from the same developers who gave us the "Building the Great Wall of China" TM/Strategy game.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 7:33:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Dec 20, 12 6:21 AM
Is this game more adventure than HO and puzzles or more HOS & puzzles than adventure? I want to buy the game, but not if its mostly HOS & puzzles. Thanks everyone.

[Post New]by Frog_Muncher on Dec 20, 12 9:00 AM
I really liked this game and bought after the hour demo. It is a great little game, some tricky moments and lack of the hint system I am used to but the map showing where there were actions and HO scenes was very useful (similar to the ones Blue Tea Games use on their maps, at least in hard mode).

BUT what a SHORT game! I bought it and played for an extra half an hour or so, then stopped, then took my laptop to bed to finish it off and only got another 40 mins. So I estimate this game is only - for experienced players - just over 2 hrs long (maybe 2 hrs 15 max). That's without using any WT or hints on the forum. I did use a credit on this game rather than a PCC so do feel that £5.39 is a little high for something that was over so soon. Having said that, I did enjoy it and perhaps a less experienced player would get a longer play (but not on hard level without a WT as this could get frustrating, I almost threw the laptop out of the window at one point!).

Butterflyshrimp, I would say it's an equal mix of adventure, HO and puzzles IMO if that helps?

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Dec 20, 12 2:43 PM
oh my...this game is terrible..the ho's are so tiny and hard to see items...the mini games suck...tired of hearing about "grandma" and I have a dozen items in inventory and no where to put them.. sorry ..I wouldn't buy this game even for one dallor...

Go to: