DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for The Curse of the Werewolves

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 19, 12 12:45 AM
Hi there,
Well, Fishdom is not my preferred game, nor is the first release for TNT, a free to play, pay to play longer game and I have already given Wonderland 3 a go and put it on my maybe if I am desperate list.
I am hoping for something more interesting for me tonight and hope that others have something constructive to say about this 3rd game for tonight.
Cheers

Re:Comments for The Curse of the Werewolves

[Post New]by sharon_mntr on Dec 19, 12 2:05 AM
Well,I just got through with the trial game and I'm seriously thinking of buying it. There is no walkthrough only a compass that does tell you where you should go next. The hidden objects are a bit small and there is a hint button to use there.I love werewolve games so this one is a bit different. You have inventory which is used in many rooms,so it's not to difficult to play. I am curious about the grandma,now I need to find her. I would recommend this game,and I just decided to buy it after all. Hope I helped.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 19, 12 3:08 AM
I played the demo of this, last month, from another place...I was on my laptop, and the screen is much smaller than my pc, so I decided to wait to buy. Glad I did as I can now use a pcc. I found the game interesting and challenging enough to want to keep on playing...and a walkthrough would be a good thing, lol.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 19, 12 4:03 AM
I have a huge inventory of many things but without a hint button, I have no idea where to use them regardless of how many times I backtrack. This is probably the most frustrating game I have ever played. Definity a no buy for me.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 19, 12 7:15 AM
I've played only about half of the demo but I do think I like the game. Yes, some of the H0 scenes are a bit muted in color and some objects are somewhat small (including the type font!) but so far I've had to use the hint only once. I did notice I had to visit a H0 scene again pretty quickly after I did the first time but that may be because I tend to wander around. Lots of things in inventory now but I do know where to use some of them. I don't really care for the map.

I will play a bit more of the demo before I make my final decision but I think it will be a buy for me.

Edit after finishing the game:
I would give the game maybe a B-. It is really OK except the darkish graphics and the map - which wasn't really that useful. Sometimes the map showed nothing else I could do so I had to backtrack to see if I could find where I got lost. The diary is not very much help. The hint works only in the H0 scenes, and I found that after returning to them if I just clicked on what looked "different" I managed to find most of the items without even looking at the list - in which the font was really small.

There was a good bit of information at the end of the game which helped explain certain parts - but not all...still a few questions unanswered.

Overall, I believe it was OK for a coupon...but really a so-so game.

Edited on 12/31/2012 at 7:41:31 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 19, 12 7:15 AM
According to the walkthrough I found on another site there are ALOT of Hos so will pass on this game.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 19, 12 8:25 AM
Not for my aging eyes. Dark and murky both is a bad combination
for me. I can enjoy a dark atmosphere, but I need a little more
clarity.Tiny little horseshoe was the final straw.

For those who can see things, enjoy. No sale for me.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Dec 19, 12 2:50 PM
After about 5 minutes of playing, the very first thing I TOTALLY don't like is how DARK the background is. It is so very frustrating when game developers do this !! If you are going to insist on doing this...at least give those of us who are over 35, the option of adjustng the lighting to our taste. I would have bought this game if it at least had this feature, since it does not I refuse to squint my way through a game

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 19, 12 4:40 PM
This is a definite buy for me.

The one thing I wish they had done was close out a scene when
your done with it. If I can still access it, makes me think I missed
something.
I am intrigued by the storyline. Want to make sure Grandma
is ok.

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by algal0181 on Dec 19, 12 7:59 PM
TOO DARK! Very frustrating...I have an inventory full of items I have no idea where they go. Don't know if I will buy it or not.

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Dec 19, 12 8:01 PM
I found Curse of the werewolves moved well once I figured out how the map worked. I would give it a 31/2 or 4. Gave me something to play other than the other two games offered today, which I had no desire to play.
Not bad graphics either. But most screen shots are very dark, and playing with a light on makes them difficult to see. And we never find out who Robert is?? Guessing he is who cursed Grandma in the first place. Good for one afternoon, but will not play it again.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 13 9:59 AM
This has been a very challenging game. The map compass has helped tremendously. There was a time or two that I was stuck but it was mainly because I did not see a door here or a path there. Other than that I got through due to compass. I found it very frustrating but a great game. Some times it would have been helpful if when I clicked on something it at least said words to me as to what it needed. Such as the door to the right where all it needed was to wipe off the dust. I never saw words to that affect so it took me forever to figure out what the heck to do. I enjoyed it, it was worth my time and money. I found it a little farfetched that Grandma was a total innocent and in control of her affliction. I don't think that anything will help a werewolf except a silver bullet. But that is just my personal opinion.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 9, 13 12:51 PM
I bought this game some time ago and am just getting to it. I like the game BUT everything is so small. The entire game is very dark and misty. I know younger people develop these games but please keep in mind that many of us have old eyes and just can't see as well as we used to. As much as I'm actually enjoying the content of the game I have to quit because I have such a headache.

Rohangirl
Stingray
Stingray
5,716 Posts

[Post New]by Rohangirl on Mar 2, 13 4:58 AM
I like this game despite it only getting 3 stars it's challenging. Yes the HO scenes are dark but it's an abandoned house with candle light and the fact there is only hints for the Ho scenes means you have to use your head to solve the mystery and not have the game telling you which takes the fun away. It's all to easy to hit the hint button and not work it out yourself, that aha moment makes it a good game.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Dec 26, 13 5:27 PM
OK, no walkthrough, I've lost my sledgehammer before I needed it. What do I do now?? I like this game except for the glitches. I can't burn my paper with the candle so how do I fix this ????

Go to: