bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 20, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 20, 12 12:40 AM
The downloads have gone back to very slow on BF recently. (No, it isn't my connection or PC, just upped to 60Mb and no problem elsewhere) but this is almost like dial up. 40 minutes and still only 54%. Come on BF, get more bandwidth.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 20, 12 12:46 AM
Heya nomatt,

I'm sorry to hear about the download problems you are experiencing.

While a fast connection is definitely important to get the best downloads possible, many other factors like other background processes can also influence the download speed you get when downloading a game. You can always try the steps you can find here to make sure that your downloads are not being hindered by any program on your computer.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 20, 12 12:54 AM
Thanks but like I said, it isn't my PC. I have a multi core CPU @3GHz and it isn't doing anything else.Downloads practically everywhere else are very fast.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 12:55:18 AM PST

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Dec 20, 12 1:00 AM
hi everyone once again a great game thats riddled with glitches i have only played 20 mins of this game and my game as froze 10 times i really want to buy this game as all ers games are fantastic so please hurry and fix it

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Dec 20, 12 1:13 AM
hi again got round final glitch just waited for skip to work and i managed to finished demo but it still needs looking into i am risking buying this game hope the glitches are just in demo but there is doubt xx

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Dec 20, 12 1:13 AM
Only just downloaded, it's taken over 90 minutes which is totally unacceptable because I just get so bored.

jagel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jagel on Dec 20, 12 1:25 AM
Same for me, the game dl fast, but when I had played some minutes,
it frooze, so no buy until it´s fixed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 1:56 AM
Ditto with the shockingly slow downloads lately; even though I have to use mobile broadband, it is capable of 10 times the speed this demo downloaded and the same has been happening with other demos. Nothing else is as slow and there were no other applications running, anti-virus or Windows updates downloading at the same time.

The odd thing is it starts off really fast and then suddenly slows to a crawl; either everyone decides to download at the same time or the route the Game Manager was using changes to one that's horribly slow. And this has only started in the past week; normally it's much faster.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 20, 12 1:56 AM
Same here angelfish106, My download took an hour!

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 1:58:07 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 20, 12 2:13 AM
Less than 5 min download here and no freezing issues in demo. Guess I was just lucky and got into 's server at the right time. Downloading seems to be a strange bird...when others are slowwwwwww mine blazes.....when mine crawls I seem to be the only one with the problem....go figure.

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Dec 20, 12 3:00 AM
hi just to let you know there was no glitches when i bought the game

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 3:37 AM
nomatt wrote:Same here angelfish106, My download took an hour!

Sounds about right; I got so bored waiting I finished building the Great Wall Of China....not the real one of course but could have been with the time it took to d/l this demo

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Dec 20, 12 3:38 AM
There are problems with this game. Initially downloaded and about 10 minutes in, game crashed my computer. Came back with blue screen of death. Made repairs and restarted game manager. Game had uninstalled itself. Reinstalled, and had to create new profile. 2nd try at the game and I was able to play about 30 minutes before getting an error access violation message and game quit working.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 12 3:41 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Ditto with the shockingly slow downloads lately
Yesterday was terrible. Things seem ok at the moment though.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 20, 12 4:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am swimming by to give you some tips regarding the different technical issues that you are experiencing.

For those of you that are having some freezing issues with the game, it may be worthwhile to check if a graphic software update is missing. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The download issues can be explained by something interfering but to know exactly what is going on you can contact our Tech Support Team .
Before doing so, I suggest checking the following Help article that has some info on adjustments that might get that resolved:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

LadyBlue0321, I think it would be definitely a good idea for you to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

I hope this helps.

bfgTokoro

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 4:01:32 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 4:05 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Ditto with the shockingly slow downloads lately
Yesterday was terrible. Things seem ok at the moment though.

I didn't d/l yesterdays game so don't know whether it would have been at snails pace or not. I might try a download late at night rather than in the morning; maybe it might be quicker then! I'm in the UK; maybe that makes some difference? Anyway I sent a Dr Felix to CS; see if they can figure it out!

And if it turns out it is my PC I will be horribly embarrassed for complaining

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 12 4:11 AM
I'm in the UK. Early is better since we're ahead of the US.

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Dec 20, 12 6:57 AM
My Pc crashed 2 times during the demo .Now ,i am afraid to buy it .

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Dec 20, 12 7:35 AM
From the time it took me to skim through the technical issues, the game downloaded and activated and I don't have near the speed nor puter capacity as one of the previous posters, so I don't think it's BFG.

Go to: