bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 20, 12 12:33 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 20, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 20, 12 1:04 AM
Morning, all...

This is another one of ERS' HOGs without the HOS (hidden object scenes).

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Hard, Advanced.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is... wait for it... a box for widescreen, and when ticked - I can hardly believe it - it works for me!! However, the main play area is just full screen, and the sides have coloured borders. But hey... what an improvement to the non-existent widescreen I have gotten so far from ERS.

Your Diary is at the left, as is your SG (strategy guide), which stays open where you last left it open.

ETA: Dancemom1 just reminded me that I forgot to mention that the text colour in the SG is beyond belief. Why oh why use a white text colour with a light blue background? Not easy to read, and just as bad as when a dark text colour is used with a dark background.

The Inventory can be locked to stay open or unlocked to move down until needed.

Your Goals are at the right.

Also at the right is your Hint button.

Puzzles can be skipped.

I am very happy to see that both Hint and Skip button only take about 35 seconds to fill in Casual mode. Thank you for that, ERS.

You will also get an Ultra-Violet light, which is next to your Diary at the left. You will need it from time to time.

--- --- ---

So far I am not terribly excited about this game. I love the fact that I have encountered an old "friend" from a previous game. Love that guy.

I did like the puzzles I have encountered so far - they were easy enough even for me to do, and I enjoyed doing them as well.

Whether I will get the CE or wait for the SE is something I still need to think about, but I will most likely end up buying the CE.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 2:08:36 PM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 20, 12 1:15 AM
Hm. This game is lame and boring IMHO. I am not impressed. Even though it's an adventure lite - an IHOG without HOS as some seem to call them - I am playing on the hardest mode with no black bar hints and it is tediously easy. Bummer... I have played over an hour and it's just clickety, clickety, click... no challenge and no interesting story. Ah well... maybe they will release a surprise before Xmas?

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 20, 12 1:21 AM
I'm with Valdy about this game. There's something about this game that is just not "right" for me. That doesn't mean some players might not be just crazy about it, but I'm not going to be one of them. I'll wait for the SE to come out and use a credit!
But this is based on about half of the trial. I might change my mind tomorrow when I give it one more chance.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 1:22:42 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 20, 12 1:48 AM
Is it possible? An ERS game with a widescreen option that actually works? Yes, it is, and it does!! And although the play area remains full screen, there are colored borders with little designs on both sides that fill the screen----making it much more attractive and appealing. So much better than the black bars. So the next step would be for the gameplay area itself to fill the screen----but this is a nice improvement. Well, on to the game itself.

This game is so goofy that it's great fun, and I was captivated by the loopy story. The ERS team has gone out of its way on this one to do something different with their skills. It has no HOS, and is simply an adventure game----with an almost frantic pace giving you a ton of stuff to discover, and a great many cleverly placed puzzles that are not too difficult and are quite unique.

As always with ERS, the graphics are great, especially in the puzzles.

And, in this one, the voiceovers are very good!

The hint button has been sped up too.

There is an ultra-violet lamp you receive early on for discovering more clues----a nice and original addition.

The CE package is more than the usual with movie replays and puzzle replays along with the bonus game, SG, wallpapers, screensavers, concept art, and musical offerings.

I am sincerely delighted to see this dev make improvements to their style, and doubly delighted to see them responding to the appeals of their customers (widescreen, quicker hint times, moving to things different and original). ERS has created a unique, entertaining game that looks like it will be great fun to play. And it's a buy for me. Keep it rolling, ERS, keep it rolling.

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Dec 20, 12 1:56 AM
I love ERS games..usually...this one is sooo boring..I wouldn't buy this as a regular game let alone pay for the Collectors Edition...BAH HUMBUG!!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 20, 12 2:02 AM
Played 35 minutes casual

- ERS

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hard, you can change while playing

- Integrated SG which only shows 2 chapters, stays on the page you leave

- Notebook

- No map

- Good voice overs

- After playing a short while you get an UV lamp which you use when you encounter a red balloon, it reveals hidden codes and messages

- Hint useful outside H0, refills quickly

- No H0

- Good, beautiful mini games, not over difficult

- Gorgeous graphics

A man is killed while playing in a reality show, you investigate. Seems that one more time I will go against the flow.... I thoroughly enjoyed the game and it's a straight buy for me. New, a bit crazy, just what I need !!!!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Dec 20, 12 2:07 AM
I played for 30 minutes and look forward to playing more after some sleep. This game is great fun and no hidden object scenes, yes! CBTX said it so well. A fast pace game of lots to find, lots to do, and cool puzzles. So far it isn't super hard but it is super fun and different.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 20, 12 2:17 AM
Good morning all Lights, camera, death ! Ahhh ! Reality shows gotta love them right WRONG ! If your thinking of trying to get on a reality show let me give you a few tips. Make sure that you do a background check on all of the crew members especially the director. Check and see what has happened to the past contestants if any of them are no longer living or have simply vanished you might want to rethink it. In the event that the other contestants are still around but nobody is quiet sure what happened to the winner leave it alone because one of two things have happened one there is no way at all to win or two they failed to mention that the actual winning prize was death so don't be fooled by all those wonderful prizes they show you chances are you'll never see them it's a trick just to get you on the show. If your background check comes back and shows that all or most of the crew members are on the FBI'S ten most wanted list find another show or just try creating your own it's safer that way. For more tips on why you shouldn't trust the crew members play this game it's full of shady crew members and more fun than a real reality show with tons of eye candy and a sharp dressed man sitting on the park bench.

ERS my all time favorite developer does it again ! This is another adventure/quest game that plays like a hidden object game but has no hidden scenes. The story is really good, graphics are gorgeous with bright colors like all ERS games. The hint system is really good it will show you where you need to go. You have your journal on the bottom left and a cool scanning light that will give you clues when you scan things and a task button so you can keep up with what to do next and there is some really good humor in the game.

The puzzles I came across in the demo were really cool not to hard I like that and they are different. The music is cool and the opening scene is very good it clues you in real quick on what is going on. This is one I'm not passing up but then again I never pass up a ERS game. I already bought it and so far I'm loving it, as I do all ERS games. Give the demo a try it's worth it especially to see the sharp dressed man on the bench hands off ladies he's mine. Thank you ERS for another rocking masterpiece and thank you Big Fish for giving me a reason not to do laundry today. Have fun everybody.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 4:59:11 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 20, 12 2:23 AM
Definitely a 10/10 game! And me being a huge cat lover, this game is right up my "alley" on a few accounts. So far this is adventure game, cause I haven't seen no H0G's. Awesome job for the bunny team!

Story: Sarah's poor hubby went on this reality show thinking every thing was going to be fine and dandy, until they shot and killed him. Now Sarah is missing and we have to locate her. Have to find out what that evil clown is up to.

Graphics: Gorgeous. The fantastic art team done it again!

Mini Games: Really fun! Makes you think but not on the hard side.

Hint System: Don't know yet, didn't use it.

I am truly loving every bit of this game. Truly awesome. Now to get back and see what that evil clown is up to. Happy gaming!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 20, 12 2:33 AM
no hidden object scenes? not even going to bother downloading it..

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 20, 12 2:57 AM
I've been waiting for this game for AGES ,, after beta-testing it way back in the summer.

I hope they managed to sort the glitches out because it's a great game!
Jo

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 20, 12 3:03 AM
Pickles77 wrote:no hidden object scenes? not even going to bother downloading it..
There are no hidden object scenes Pickles - it's like a lite adventure game ala Penumbra Hotel or Gothic Fiction.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 20, 12 3:48 AM
I wish I could be as excited as most of you but I just feel that ERS games are just same game with different storylines. WHile I did find the story intersting enough, I jsut feel that this is a glorified SE game without the appropriate game features that would make me want to spend extra pennies. I really have no use for screen savers of music and I enjoy a CE game that will not only entertain me as well as challenge me. I managed to complete the entire demo mode in less than 45 minutes and that tells me that I am in for a short ride. Why wont developers realise that CE games should involve a bit more intracacies in the gameplay like morphing objects, collectables and achievements. There use to be standards that measured a CE against a SE game and now it seems that the line is blurred.
While I found the story interesting as all ERS games are, game features one journal and an ultra violet lamp used to reveal hidden clues when you come across a red balloon. That really is it as far as game features go. Its adventure lite with no HO scenes and alot of backtracking. Yes there is alot to do, many objects to find and use, but soon the entire game becomes too easy to play and I honestly, I got a tad bored. The mini-games are just too easy and takes an average of 30 secods to complete. I like that Sam is back as annoying as ever but I eally just wanted the game to be a bit more interesting and more challenging. I expect that this game is ideal for beginners but I just wish that CE games would be a bit more complexed, justifying the extra pennies that we spend.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 3:58 AM
Well well is it possible that this ERS game might be an instant buy for me? Let's see.....

A widescreen option that actually works!! Yes, it just gives a pattern border round the playing area but it is still a vast improvement. What next, a game that actually covers the whole screen?? I live in hope but for now...well done ERS!

No-one can argue that the graphics are top notch as usual; the voice-overs are well done and I found the story line entertaining. Many of the puzzles I'd never seen before and they were really fun to do; mostly quite easy but some needed a bit of thought. No HOS which frankly suits me just fine; the recent 'Beauty and the Beast' game (can't remember what it was called) was so HOS heavy it became a bore. Nice to play a game without yet another junk pile search! And no technical issues; game played flawlessly throughout.

The demo ended with 6 minutes to spare and I was disappointed it ended, which is always a good sign! So yes, this ERS game is an instant buy for me

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Dec 20, 12 5:50 AM
gmac1007 tells a better story than the game does (but doesn't she always!). The graphics are wonderful, as you have come to expect from this developer. But the game itself is too easy. Game play is linear -- you need it, you find it, you use it. I found nothing about the game play that was either challenging or interesting. Sadly, because I truly enjoy this developer, I would only consider purchasing the game if it was a DD.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Dec 20, 12 5:57 AM
This game is really silly. I am so disappointed being a fan of developer!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 20, 12 6:08 AM
I've only played 15 minutes, but I had to pop in to say that the game is playing smooth as can be. I usually have trouble with ERS games, I couldn't even play the last Shadow Wolf, it was too jerky, but their last few games have played perfectly for me. I've only done one puzzle so far, and it was insultingly easy, I hope they get a little harder as the game goes on. I'm not keen on having a ton of HO scenes but I do like a few, I wish ERS could come up with a good compromise. I do like their new style HOs.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 20, 12 6:11 AM
I had a blast playing this game, The DEV's was very witty and fun making this game..Thx DEV's for all your hard work and time..You always out did yourselves..I will buy this game but i will have to wait until the SE comes out.Thx BF for the love you show your fishes with awesome games.. The graphics was nice and clear loved the sounds..

Go to: