bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Hero of the Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 20, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Hero of the Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cynderbear on Dec 21, 12 3:18 AM
This doesn't seem to be happening to everyone, but I'm getting the dreaded "your free trial is over error" when I haven't even begun to use it.

I'd like to try it out this weekend because of the lovely sale.

[Post New]by suz1955 on Dec 21, 12 3:43 AM
I just purchased this game after playing the demo and now when I try to play it, I have NO visible cursor. Please help.... I am running Windows 7.

[Post New]by mcarthce on Dec 21, 12 11:23 AM
I am having a similar problem to metmichallica who posted this issue in the reviews forum:

I have a different configuration, Windows 7 but with a nVidia GeFprce GT 520MX.

Re eviews for Hero of the Kingdom

by metmichallica on Dec 20, 12 5:40 PM

Access violations within the game causing the game to close so I couldn't play.

Windows 7
6 gigs of ram
an onboard graphics card

Edited on 12/21/2012 at 11:23:56 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 21, 12 12:42 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to swim in with a little advice!

Cynderbear
: Go ahead and try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help with that trial!

suz1955: Welcome to the Pond! There could be a few reasons why the cursor is disappearing, but making sure that the video card driver and other programs are up-to-date can definitely help.

mcarthce: Access violations come up for a few different reasons too, but be sure to take a look here for specific tips and tricks.

If there are still issues with the game, then please go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. They'll work with you one-on-one to help resolve those issues!

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by mangonacre on Dec 27, 12 5:31 AM
The game crashes every once in a while. This is the only BFG that has problems. Here is the error info:

Error
An unhandled exception occurred @ $0043DCEF:

EFOpenError:
Unable to open file "C:\Documents and settings\mangonacre\Application Data\Lonely Troops\Hero of the Kingdom\Save_bfgse.dat"

$0043DCEF
$0041A6B4
$0042D31C
$0042CF50

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 27, 12 12:11 PM
Welcome to the Pond mangonacre!

Definitely weird that the game keeps crashing! I would double check and see if there are any video card driver updates available as that can help with issues like that.

Also running the game as an administrator is another helpful step to make sure the game has the needed permission from the system to run.

If the game continues to crash then go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Jan 5, 13 12:07 PM
Mine keeps crashing too. I'll try tech support.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 4:03 AM
Hi mr7933,

The advice in the help article here should help you to overcome those crashing issues.

However, if you would prefer to contact Tech Support for a more personalized response, we are more than happy to provide that so pop us an email anytime you need.

Fins crossed that this is sorted out for you soon,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 5:02:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Minda98 on Jan 18, 13 4:27 PM
Mine keeps crashing too. Nothing in the forums or suggestions from tech support has worked. I'm very disappointed, this looks like an interesting game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 18, 13 4:47 PM
Hi Minda98,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps haven't worked in getting the game to run. If you'd like, you can contact our Tech Support Team and let them know what's happening. They'll be happy to work with you to find a solution so you can get back to gaming.

Hopefully you'll be playing the game in no time!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by wastingtime135 on Feb 18, 13 8:23 PM
No left hand mouse support--so surprising on a new game. Almost 10% of us are left handed...I won't buy a game that doesn't support left handed play...

[Post New]by Dita336 on Mar 15, 13 3:18 PM
This game is making my entire computer crash! I have never had this occur with any other games and it only occurs while playing Hero of the Kingdom! I really enjoy this game but become very frustrated when it completely shuts down my computer and I have to reboot. I have not come across anyone else having this issue, please help!
Thanks!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 15, 13 3:36 PM
Hi Dita336,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that you're running into some crashing problems. That's never fun, but our help article here might have some advice that could fix those issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the tips on that help article aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know. They have the tools to look into that a bit further and hopefully get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Jan 9, 14 10:42 AM
I played through the demo some time ago with no problem. When I saw it for 2.99 I decided to buy it. Now, however, it is so frustrating to play because every time I "buy" what I need for the store(s), it deducts the $ but the item(s) never show up in my backpack or when I need them. I can't tell you how many times I had to "buy" rocks before I finally had them show up. What am I doing wrong???
I don't remember having these problems the time I played the demo.

[Post New]by jilljtcm on Jan 10, 14 7:16 PM
Here are my two cents. When I first got the game I didn't have any problems. After I updated my video card the game started to freeze. I then uninstalled the video card update and it worked again like a dream. I know the video card update is used a lot for a fix but I haven't found that to be the best solution for this game.

[Post New]by shadesofblue07 on Feb 14, 14 4:41 AM
I can't play at all - It installs and then just freezes and I get an error?

Jemby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

New Windows 8 computer - game reinstalled but won't run

[Post New]by Jemby on Jun 14, 14 12:09 PM
Running on WIndows 8 computer, all game software reinstalled, other games are working OK (The Promised Land, 12 Labours of Hercules), but Hero of the Kingdom won't open - error message:

Error: Access violation at 0x03690D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated

Searched Internet for the error code, no results.

Update 06 July - got an email from BF tech, tried the fix, still no joy! But they sent me a coupon for a free game, and that as nice. Will update again if I find a solution.

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 4:32:41 PM PST

[Post New]by lilyfield1 on Aug 23, 14 7:42 AM
I bought the game because I saw there was an update last year. But game freezes as soon as I start playing, right where the berries are being picked. Reinstalled 3 times after uninstalling. Tried playing as administrator. Am so disappointed that a game that truly seemed innovative and creative would have so many issues still. Am not going to try anything more, ie contact tech support as experience has taught me that a poorly designed game will likely continue to have problems. Hope BF spends some time really fixing the issues as I think it would be a great game.

Go to: