Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Comments for Reality Show: Fatal Shot

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 20, 12 8:06 AM
Hi All

I see there isn't a comment thread yet for this game so I thought I'd start one. What do you all think?

I started only about half an hour ago, but I am really enjoying it. It's ERS..and yet, it is different.

If you have a clown phobia you probably won't like it very much. And what is this? It appears it's more adventure lite/puzzle and no H0S? Yay!!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Comments for Reality Show: Fatal Shot

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 20, 12 9:17 AM
Now that I've played more of this game, I agree with you about the lack of difficulty, twinsoniclab. That has always been the problem with ERS. Too much handholding, even on the harder levels and the reason I've said in reviews I was going to boycott the dev for a while.

However, I'm enjoying the theme in this one, as it's a bit different. Perhaps I'm just in that kind of 'no thinking' mood right now. I am getting slightly bored with it now, though. Guess I'll trudge through to the bitter end... but maybe not tonight. I had hoped for a bit more by now from a game that seemed promising at first.

ETA: I forgot... of course, the big plus for me is that there are no H0S for once!

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 9:22:09 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 20, 12 9:36 AM
Maybe a few well-done HOs would have made this less
boring for me. As others have stated, go here, need this,
go there, find it, go back, use it.

Then, the puzzles? Honestly, four circles to be moved to
fix the train tracks? I'm used to dozens of track pieces to
be moved and rotated in numberous ways with many wrong
turns. And the Shoot the cannon balls? I only had to find
two, where or where did I ever get "four" different colors?

Not even sure if I'd buy this at DD price. Certainly
not as a CE.

[Post New]by Charlotte82 on Dec 20, 12 1:23 PM
When I stumbled across the guy with the bunny hat (who kind of helps you), I knew he was in a previous game. Can anyone help me please, which one it is?

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Dec 20, 12 4:14 PM
Charlotte82 wrote:When I stumbled across the guy with the bunny hat (who kind of helps you), I knew he was in a previous game. Can anyone help me please, which one it is?

Maybe it was just the voice and the mad laugh, but to me he sounded VERY like the homeless guy featured in the game "Infected: The Twin Vaccine". I wondered if it was the same guy, but they were different developers. As soon as I heard the guy speak it was like deja vu!!!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Dec 20, 12 4:36 PM
i just wasnt rocked by this one at all, i think my grandson may enjoy it.
I really missed the hogs, and yes the mini games that I played were frustrating in their simplicity.
The story seems a little confusing, and may just be my tired brain, but I thought i had read he was shot, and yet the first disturbing scene sees a man jumping from a bridge with a rope...
perhaps i didn't give it long enough will try again later, but have to agree with shadowfax....click click..bored.

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Dec 20, 12 5:47 PM
Just a comment in general...

Shouldn't an HOG that has no HOS be called something else -- perhaps an adventure game?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 21, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Delta 77

Yes, I think it should and we've had discussions about this in the past here and there. BigFish, I think, should create a category called puzzle/adventure (or similar) so that gamers know when there are no H0Gs.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 21, 12 2:25 AM
You still need to find things, however they're scattered along your path, not gathered in separate junkpile scenes. Personally, I prefer it like this but they could have placed some of the objects a little more realistically. Finding a hammer balanced on the tips of a wrought iron fence was kind of dumb.

magskye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by magskye on Dec 21, 12 8:53 AM
I played for all of about 5 minutes, then it closed and said my time was up. No matter how good or bad it is, this is definitely a no-buy for me.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 21, 12 10:07 AM
Other than the points by others before, one of my biggest problems was associating the light-hearted cut-out puzzles with the actual game. It just seemed like they needed some puzzles so they took them from one game and just stuck them into this dreary thing.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 12, 13 8:49 AM
we seem to find this game to short, but it was a good game. very colorful.--------------doug & lisa

Go to: