bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

***SPECIAL UPDATE!*** New PC and Mac Versions Available Now! December 20, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 20, 12 5:34 PM
Happy Holidays Fishies!

As a special gift to all of our Master Detectives, we have released some extra content for Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition.

There are now two new secret hidden object scenes for you to discover! These HOS can be found in locations already on the Map, but will not be marked with sparkles, so once again, it’s time to put your Detective skills to work.

Master Detectives who have already completed the original version will be able to re-open their profile and look for just these new scenes without needing to play through the game again. New players will find them as they travel through the game.

You can get this special updated version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!

If you have any other problems, please contact our Customer Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season!

bfgMonongahela and the Mystery Case Files Team

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:***SPECIAL UPDATE!*** New PC and Mac Versions Available Now! December 20, 2012

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 12 3:22 AM
What would have been a really special Christmas gift is if the game had been tweaked so that ALL of us can play this game in full screen mode without those huge borders all around the screen.

This is the first MCF game (or any other game from BF directly) that I haven't bought, because even CS couldn't help me getting rid of the bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

Re:***SPECIAL UPDATE!*** New PC and Mac Versions Available Now! December 20, 2012

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Dec 22, 12 12:08 PM
Great news! Thanks!

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Dec 23, 12 4:08 AM
SPOILER! Highlight to read!

I found the two scenes! Thanks again for the update. I thought that there is a hint for the next game, but I only got the gold MCF badge. Did I miss something?

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Dec 23, 12 2:16 PM
Thank you !

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 23, 12 3:55 PM
Thank you!!!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 23, 12 4:14 PM
Thank you. Really enjoyed playing this game.
Now I'll have to remember to redownload this game,
as I took advantage of the BOGO sale, so am busy
playing other games now.

jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Dec 25, 12 6:28 PM
Thanks for the extra HOG scenes - they're a welcome surprise! Am I missing something, however?

**SPOILER ALERT - highlight below**

All I ended up with was an MCF badge and text that flashes on the screen and says, to paraphrase, "You are a GOLD Master Detective!" No clues to the next game, scintillating MCF secrets, nothing, nada, nyet. Color me confused.

As the great Leiber and Stoller once asked, is that all there is?

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Only 98% finished?

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Dec 26, 12 4:47 PM
I finished Shadow Lake, got all the morphing objects & the extra 2 bonus levels, but in the end when I open the strategy guide it says 98%.
Shouldn't it have said 100% if I finished the game?
Did anyone else get this?

JenJN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by JenJN on Apr 20, 13 6:31 PM
What if you purchased the game as a CD in a store? How can you get the update? Does my version have the update or do I need to update, and if so, do I do the update the same way as those that purchased online?

[Post New]by latecomer2013 on Oct 15, 13 10:12 PM
the mac version has a hidden object in a library scene ( diamond) that seems to be impossible to locate... bug? or help to find it... thanks.

Go to: