bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Big City Adventure: Paris

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 21, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Big City Adventure: Paris? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Big City Adventure: Paris page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Big City Adventure: Paris

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 21, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 21, 12 1:24 AM
I have all the other big city adv games and this one is the same, with a twist of interaction in HO's. Timed and untimed, same: coins,puzzles, etc. This is a buy for me, but try it for yourselves, not everyones cup of oops

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FISHIES

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 21, 12 1:58 AM
YIPEE....Merry Christmas to me, what a surprise and a great gift, for a Christmas present, THANKS BIG FISH !!!!

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the BCA games !!
And it was a HUGE surprise, I didn't know it was even in the making, so HAPPY DAY for me .
A trip to Paris, well it doesn't get better than that, and this time it is made like the originals that I love so, the last one they changed, and I didn't care for it at all.
The Dream day Wedding and this series, holds a very special place in my heart, and I am ALWAYS excited, when they release a new one .

Off to play, will comment more than ...happy gaming everyone .

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Dec 21, 12 5:26 AM
If you are familiar with Big City series and enjoyed the other cities this will be a welcome addition. For newcomers these Big City games are great fun for hidden object/puzzle lovers. As these series tend to be mostly hidden object scenes players who prefer adventure style games may not enjoy it but it’s great that BF offers a range of games for us to enjoy.
The hidden object scenes are colourful and there are fun facts about Paris before each scene as well as a puzzle following each hidden object scene. I played only a couple of scenes but noticed some interactive elements so an added component of fun. As with previous games there is a page where you can see a list of achievements and with 60 levels it seems to bode well for a good length of play.
I don’t play pure hidden object games much now so will pass on this for myself but I will be buying this game for my cousins as well as my grandmother. And yes, I think this game appeals to a wide age range not just children especially for those players who dislike dark themed games, they will appreciate this fun, light, and cheery game. I try to be objective in my reviews of all games so even though this is not to my taste I can see that it is a well made game. I recommend it to hidden object lovers and for others give the trial a try you may like it.

harkonnen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by harkonnen on Dec 21, 12 7:09 AM
It has been a long dry spell for straight hidden object games so it was a lovely surprise to see this one as TGT.
This one is the same formula as previous BCA games (thankfully not story mode)
60 levels
11 different types of minigames with increasing difficulty (limited number of skip coins available/to be earned)

I have reached level 20 and have not had to use a skip coin yet.

Some of the hidden objects are fiendishly well hidden in plain sight.

Graphics are bright for the most part.

Timed mode and relaxed mode - most of the achievements are only available in timed mode.

As always there are interesting little facts at the different locations within the city - these games are like taking a mini-vacation.

I hope the devs continue with this mode of gameplay. I look forward to the next Big City Adventure.......

Edited on 12/21/2012 at 7:09:53 AM PST

glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

[Post New]by glocal on Dec 21, 12 7:29 AM
A terrific Big CIty Adventure addition to the series. Love the music. Object seem (to me) a bit tougher to find, which is a good thing, as I enjoy the challenge.

Now, devs, let's work on a Chicago theme!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 21, 12 9:31 AM
I am loving this game, more please..how about a Japan one?

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 21, 12 11:13 AM
Saw it, bought it! Did try demo just to be sure it worked - it does! Love this series - as others have said Big City Games are like H0 comfort food! I do miss picking an "avatar" (playing as one of the family members - or as a Koala in Austraila!) but in the grand scheme of things I'll get over it!

This looks like a nice long game too with some new puzzles - really just can't wait to get started!

This sure won't be for everyone - but give it a try and join in with the rest of us enjoying today's Adventure!

Happy Gaming!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 21, 12 11:49 AM
I love the BCA games and have them all. This is the best straight HOG game you can find. Yes, same music as all the others and same cluttered mess, but it's fun and I like them. Nice graphics and game play. Simple games. HOGs nice, but some items are in very dark places.

Not as many coins to find this time though. I liked finding the different coins, but time it's just for hints and skips.

The only things I really, and I mean really, didn't care for at all was the postcards. The "oil brush stroke" look is way over done and extremely blurry. Absolutely no need for it in the first place. It literally hurts my eyes to look at them, even with glasses!

That said, I am going to purchase this game because I like this series. I'll just close my eyes when the postcard comes up...guess I'll squint real hard when the jigsaw puzzle comes up too (same as postcards).

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Nice games to play on ugly days like today (it's snowing!). Thanks for the reviews. Happy Holidays friends!

dillon3473
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by dillon3473 on Dec 21, 12 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I have loved all the BCA games. Love Paris as well.
This is a hard game. I had to use hints. Not good for those with limited eyesight. It is a real thrill to say "Gotcha" when I find one of the harder objects. the puzzles are good as well. Bought without playing demo on the sale and am not disappointed.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Dec 21, 12 12:43 PM
Love this one have all the others and the mini games were so childish (like bop the alligator) the puzzles in this one are a little better and they are not the same ones every third play.
also love the achievements except for one where you have to finish every Hidden Object scene in 5 min. or less// the further you get in the game it is taking a little longer prob. wont get that one and have to play again

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 21, 12 1:58 PM
Though straight HOG's are not my favorite, I had to add this one to my 'Big City Adventure' game collection, as I own all of them so far. This new version in my opinion, is a bit better, in that the objects to are more challenging to find, and I like that. The graphics are always cute, and I enjoy learning new things... as in the history behind various world structures and places. The music is pleasant to listen to, and the number of levels to play is quite a bit. There are a few new mini games between levels, and they are nice, but not hard at all. I used a game credit on this one.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Dec 21, 12 9:05 PM
This is a buy for me. I already have all the other games.I love these games,so relaxing and no rush . With a b1g1 it's even a better deal.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 22, 12 2:58 AM
this is great, this is one of the first games my wife & i played together. it is even better now. GREAT FUN.----------

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 22, 12 4:24 AM
Great graphics, but super boring. I dont quite like Big City Adventure series,they ara all just the same old same old. Different cities, same game play (although some like it as it meant there are no new things to learn), even similar mini puzzles such as jigsaw, match 3, whatever. So similar that except for the scenery, which is good (at least needs some time and patience to get the locations and major attractions and its history right).

Just more of HOGs, I just wished BCA developers do something different this time, but nope, they are just simply sticking to what they know best. Disappointing,

Sorry folks, I wont be buying it, but for BCA fans, do give it a whirl

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 23, 12 11:41 AM
Not my game. Items are way too small for my old eyes.. I like that it goes to different places but... not a buy for me.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 24, 12 9:08 AM
I bought this one
(and Dark Parables Snow Queen in the BOGOF sale )

BCA San Francisco was one of the first BF games I ever played, and one of my favourites.

Straight HOGs are great for when you must want a bit of gaming without having to remember where you need to go or what you're supposed to be collecting.

This one amuses me because at first you think "Oh that scene looks pretty empty" but they've still crammed loads of HOGs into it, and it's not junk pile. So I think it's going to be fun, and the objects do get harder as you progress through the levels...and if the same old objects are in several scenes in the game, then it just makes it harder to remember where they are in the scene you're on

This is more the older style of HOG where items are cleverly blended into the surroundings...I just don't get it when people say it's too hard (unless they do have poor eyesight) because if you could go "click click click" and find everything straightaway, what's the point of that?

[Post New]by rlparsons on Dec 24, 12 4:01 PM
I just opened it and am on game 30. So far I love it. How about Chicago next?

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Dec 26, 12 12:17 PM
I didn't like the game very poor quality to find objects and so simple mini games. I am sorry I bought it fullprice. It is fine for children, but not for adults , no challenge.
So boring. I have brought other city adventures which I liked.

Go to: