[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 23, 12 1:07 AM
Any comments fishes?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Todays DD December 23 2012

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 23, 12 7:28 AM
The ending to the SE is NOT FINISHED it's not even a 'to be continued' tie up most loose ends. It's a chopped in half game, with the bonus finishing it.

The ending to the SE is a literal cliff-hanger, in fact of all games I've played this has the biggest and after playing the SE you probably will want to buy the CE just to find out what happened and the end of the story.

The SE was only 3hr long and if you did get the CE there were no extras and bonus was only about 45mins long. I have done reviews on both the SE and CE if you want more details about either of them and the game.

So I don't recommend it as a DD.

hive83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by hive83 on Dec 23, 12 10:32 AM
I for one thank you very much for a great review.

[Post New]by PissyGalore on Dec 23, 12 11:51 AM
In response to gingergal's review/statement that one would need to buy the CE to complete the full story, you can go to Y**T**e (the social media site where one can post their own videos) to see the full bonus game. I hope I'm not overstepping on BF's sales chart, but at this time of the year when one overspends and needs to watch their finances, I can't help but let you all know that there is an alternative. When I'm torn between buying a CE or wait for an SE, I usually go over there to see if a video walkthrough for the extra game play is available. Very often it is, and I can save a bundle on my credit card bills.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

PS: I have bought the CE but have not had the chance to play the game yet. Wish I had waited for the DD.

Edited on 12/23/2012 at 2:04:33 PM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 23, 12 10:23 PM
Thank you all so much for taking the time to post on this dd. I had a response typed up on my iPad , and on one swift move, my 5 hr old had it gone :-).
Ginger gal, I always look for your reviews, as it seems our tastes and tolerances are similar. I am away from home and could not download the iPad version of the game. I can't remember playing it on my pc, so I am completely dependent on reviews. I confess that I am a dd addict...lol! It's tough to pass up a dd, especially if there are great graphics/cutscenes, voiceovers, interactive gameplay, and a decent length. Pussygalore, thanks for your tip to look on yt for the ending. I'll browse through the reviews and see if I feel inclined to purchase without trying first. Honestly, I'm not inclined to do so as I've made some very bad decisions in this past month. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 24, 12 9:53 AM
Thanks everybody! pissygalore tip to get round a SE that is unfinished is a good one if you ever come across a SE that is unfinished, sometimes I forget to do this or can't find a game on that site. Especially for this game as it was slow in the middle and quite short so a DD would make better sense. It's just a shame that that is the only way to get an ending on a game!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 12, 13 7:08 AM
That's no way to make a game, (not having an ending), however, I myself don't care about the story in games..I play for the gameplay not the story (which in almost every case, is silly and stupid anyway). I'm actually playing this game now (before it was game of the week) and I'm nearing the end...interesting to hear there probably won't be much of one....lol....but I don't care. I've very much enjoyed the graphics' style and the game play. I hope when I bought this I got it on sale or w/ a credit (I don't remember) but I do think it's worth it because it's fun to play.

Assuming of course you aren't' hung up on how the story ends...I'd recommend it especially at $2.99.

Go to: