bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 24, 12 12:56 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 24, 12 12:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 24, 12 1:40 AM
This is a different sort of game----it's all adventure (lite), and that means no HOS, and a goodly number of puzzles, which are a good bit harder than we normally see. So it won't be for everyone, but I liked it a lot.

The graphics are quite good, and very colorful.

The control mechanics are a bit different, and taking some getting used to----but once you acclimate yourself to the unusual gameplay it becomes quite easy.

There are voiceovers.

You are on a search to find a carnval (carnivale) owner's employees, and find yourself at the spooky and puzzle-filled home of a witch with some sort of axe to grind----and that's when the fun begins. So it's a good bit different, and I enjoy a break from one HOS after the other.

So with the excellent BOGO sale going on, it's a definite buy for me. Give it a try.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Dec 24, 12 3:42 AM
I really liked this game and it will be a buy for me. It is different. It took me a little while, when pushing the hint button, it tells you at the bottom of the screen, above the inventory items what to do.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 24, 12 6:20 AM
That was my main complaint when I did the beta a couple of weeks ago - there is spoken dialog sometimes, but most of the time what you would expect to be spoken (like some instructions) is written in a banner right above the inventory. I didn't expect it to be written there above the inventory box, and my eyes were focused above at the scenes, so I missed quite a bit of the written dialog until I got the hang of it.

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable game and it's on my "Gonna Buy" list (as soon as I check the balances on those credit cards!!)

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 24, 12 6:44 AM
Well! This one took me by suprise! My first opinion was not great. I thought there are far to many places that show magnifying glasses that are unusable areas. Also thought that the mini games were far to easy
WRONG! I still don't know why they have all the magnifiers but the minis get harder as you progress. The story line was fun and the graphics well done.

I was impressed with the new wayto explain how to do the mini games. The way this is done makes it more playable to younger or new players. This does have many puzzle/mini games that I found to be unique and a lot of fun. No standard games in this!
The actual game play moves along very quickly which is a huge plus for me lately. I seem to get bored with this type of game if it moves to slow.

I only played 30 min. of the demo before I decided I want it. I played in the easier of the 2 modes but will change to harder after I buy.

Good job Devs!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!! SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEW YEAR!!!

Sorry for the rushed lackluster review but I am in huge rush to get my Christmas work done so my thoughts are on that

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Dec 24, 12 8:21 AM
I did the trial and as soon as I was done with demo, I went to BFG and purchased it. Is that enough said about how I like the game so far?
Merry Christmas to all fellow fishes.

Vallarina!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 24, 12 8:57 AM
Very colorful, very unique game! Beautiful graphics, fun minigames, interesting story and so far; no technical issues.

This game is just different enough you have to spend some time figuring out what to do next; but (at least in demo) not so different as to be frustrating! The graphics are so nice, you don't mind looking at everything to find your clues!

All in all a lovely SE offering; check out this pleasant little surprise for yourself; and

Happy Gaming!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 24, 12 9:19 AM
A very Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad and just general good luck and my own personal "sunnyness" for the holiday season no matter what you celebrate. Another good game from GI Joe. Probably as a minority here, I like this game much better than yesterday's CE offering. This is not dark, gloomy and depressing as yesterday's. It is a matter of opinion for all of us. I will purchase. Just have to figure out what other game I want to purchase with it. Will probably play after Christmas. So many good games, so little time!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Dec 24, 12 12:56 PM
No comment thread, so mods will delete--that's ok. Another HOG game with no HOS---why don't they just put it as an adventure. Thanks for telling me, so I don't waste my time on demo. Merry Christmas to all!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 24, 12 1:06 PM
I loved the game which means a buy for me, I like everything about the game..
Merry Christmas BIG Fish and Fishes in the pond..

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 24, 12 7:46 PM
I guess I am odd man out on this one. I bought as one of BOGO free. I am enjoying okay game play but find the puzzles puzzling. Some are straight forward and can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Others are either too hard to figure out or take too many steps to complete. Knowing that, I would not have bought this one at any price. Just too frustrating. Also no map so when hint button tells you to go to a certain area, such as workshop, I couldn't always figure out where to go. Happy Holidays!

Edited on 12/24/2012 at 8:19:22 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 25, 12 9:01 AM

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 6:21:21 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 25, 12 11:26 AM
Not a game for me. I tried to get interested but as I went on it became less fun and more not so fun. So will give up and call it a day.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 25, 12 5:17 PM
I think this is the kind of game you'll either really, really love or really, really hate. I started out really, really loving it, but by mid game not so much. The puzzles were repetitive and ranged from incredibly easy to what are they thinking? And even after going to the walkthrough I still hadn't a clue as to what they wanted and a couple of puzzles didn't work until I pressed the skip button even though I had solved them correctly.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 25, 12 5:51 PM
Super fun and a walkthrough or guide is needed. Not much HO scenery, most items that need finding are used later. Great graphics, good voice over, and scenery. If u have not used your stamps used it now! Worth IT!

scoose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by scoose on Dec 26, 12 4:48 AM

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 6:25:55 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 26, 12 5:15 AM
Um, I was wrong about this game. It seems a flash from the past in how it plays and the graphics. yes, it is very colourful, but it too colourful in that things are difficult to relate to or to dissapear into..you know, how we disappear into games like a good book?
This one isn't cartoony exactly, but just not well drawn or crafted. The developer filled it to the brim with puzzles which are very litke one another. The few hidden object scene are kinda fun, but they are VERY few. The evil character is ridicules in how poorly she was drawn.
Well, it was a Christmas special so no harm done...but otherwise, this is not a game to spend your hard earned money on. This developer needs to crank it up several notches.
kris

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 26, 12 5:58 AM
scoose wrote:Help I have got the fountain pipes all in order but the valve wont turn and I really dont wont to skip this section. Has anybody else had this problem.

I had that problem. I just ended up skipping it.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 26, 12 5:40 PM
This game desperately needs a map.Puzzles are a little on the hard side. Thank Heaven for the walkthrough and the skip button

Go to: