bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 25, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake forum

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 25, 12 8:43 AM
I know there was an announcement in the CE forum that 2 extra HOG scenes have been added. Will these also be available in the SE?

[Post New]by BogeyGirl on Jan 5, 13 9:48 AM
Being a moderate gamer, and having looked forward to the latest Mystery Case file, I am sad to say that Shadow Lake was sub par. Really disappointing!!! Feel like I deserve a refund.This game rates a triple bogey by their normal standards.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 9, 13 2:07 PM
shagwendy wrote:I know there was an announcement in the CE forum that 2 extra HOG scenes have been added. Will these also be available in the SE?

Hi shagwendy,

From the information we have, those new HOS are only being added to the Collector's Edition. If you'd like to upgrade to that version, our Customer Support Team will be happy to help with that.

bfgMonongahela

pet32
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by pet32 on Jan 9, 13 3:13 PM
This is not a bad game. I enjoyed the HOG scenes very much. I enjoyed the drawing matching. The graphics were good. However, I didn't like going back for that ladder all the time. I also did not care for clicking forward 3 times to get to the psychic and there was a little to much talking. The storyline was a bit obvious, and the flow was off.

[Post New]by neatfreakx on Jan 16, 13 10:43 AM
Is anyone else having a problem trying to activate the drawing of the sandcastle in the school scene? The castle is correct but when trying to apply the pic, it just makes the sandbox bigger
Thanks, Marg

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 18, 13 9:44 AM
neatfreakx wrote:Is anyone else having a problem trying to activate the drawing of the sandcastle in the school scene? The castle is correct but when trying to apply the pic, it just makes the sandbox bigger
Thanks, Marg

Hi neatfreakx! Welcome to the forum!!
I found this thread in the CE forum for this game. Perhaps it will help you...? Just copy and paste the URL below into your browser:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/229853.page

[Post New]by clown1051 on Feb 16, 13 2:37 PM
The game downloaded. shortcut on desktop. Click on it and the screen flashes but game does not download. When I right click on it - I cannot open as administrator nor with launcher. I have a limited data program and this was almost a 2 gb download so I hate to have to try uninstalling and then reinstalling to see if that works. I downloaded another game before this one and after this one and they both work fine. Any tips would be helpful.

[Post New]by longlostpoet on Mar 12, 13 6:21 AM
clown1051 wrote:The game downloaded. shortcut on desktop. Click on it and the screen flashes but game does not download. When I right click on it - I cannot open as administrator nor with launcher. I have a limited data program and this was almost a 2 gb download so I hate to have to try uninstalling and then reinstalling to see if that works. I downloaded another game before this one and after this one and they both work fine. Any tips would be helpful.

i am also having this problem.
downloaded Ok
clicked to play and only filled 2 / 3rds of screen
then total blank screen forever....
uninstalled
reinstalled.....................
same problem
whats next ?
HELP !

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 6:23:20 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 12, 13 6:25 AM
Hi longlostpoet,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open and run correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. Those folks will be happy to help and offer some more specific advice if needed.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by ladyphelps on Aug 26, 13 3:54 PM
just got finished with the shadow lake game...extremely disappointed definite waste of time and money. I have all the other MCF games and they are all excellent but this was definitely terrible. :/

RinaGamer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by RinaGamer on Sep 15, 13 9:39 AM
It's been a while since I've played, I just have a question. Can these games be downloaded and played offline? I'm going away to a place where there is no wifi or internet connection. Can't wait to play this one.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 20, 13 1:03 AM
RinaGamer wrote:It's been a while since I've played, I just have a question. Can these games be downloaded and played offline? I'm going away to a place where there is no wifi or internet connection. Can't wait to play this one.
Every game I have played here needs to be downloaded before it can be played, I've never played one online. So, yes, you should be good as long as you download it before you go.

[Post New]by Aquarius84 on Sep 27, 13 7:21 AM
I am having an issue with the game. I am almost at the end and there seems to be a glitch; in the cave with the drawing on the wall, when i zoom into it, the game freezes. My cursor disappears and I'm stuck. I have tried multiple times to exit and reload the game, even restart my computer. I really hope I don't have to reinstall because I don't want to start over at this point

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 1, 13 11:37 PM
Aquarius84 wrote:I am having an issue with the game. I am almost at the end and there seems to be a glitch; in the cave with the drawing on the wall, when i zoom into it, the game freezes. My cursor disappears and I'm stuck. I have tried multiple times to exit and reload the game, even restart my computer. I really hope I don't have to reinstall because I don't want to start over at this point
Hi Aquarius84! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you're having this trouble! An uninstall and reinstall shouldn't lose your game progress as your saved game file is stored in another location. If that doesn't work to fix your problem, though, you may need to get in touch with tech support directly - you can find the link at the bottom of this page "Get Help > Customer Support". Good luck!

[Post New]by LauraTwo on Oct 12, 13 8:38 PM
I gave just started the iPad version of this game and can't find any morphing objects. Not one. Am I obtuse, or are they missing from the iPad version??

[Post New]by bingolady216 on Oct 12, 13 10:05 PM
I am having problems with the piano and the door can some one help me please.
It does not make cense to me I repeat the notes and it does nothing. HELP

[Post New]by froggy314 on May 23, 14 9:36 AM
I don't like your game where you have to always be using the hint because the game doesn't give any information...I like the ones that just have stuff to find like you earlier game..I won't ever buy another one of your game again, this was a waste of money,,I can't play it

Froggy314

[Post New]by tanieshka on Jun 24, 14 8:57 AM
Hello, I have finished the game, but I don't know how to listen to the 2 tapes I found during the game.
Thanks in advance!

[Post New]by alimaerow on Oct 18, 14 10:03 AM
bingolady216 wrote:I am having problems with the piano and the door can some one help me please.
It does not make cense to me I repeat the notes and it does nothing. HELP

Go to: