bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 25, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by luvmigame on Dec 25, 12 12:46 AM
I would very much like to play this game, however, I have the same problem with this edition as I had with the Collectors Edition. The right side of the play field is off the screen. Happy Holidays!

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Dec 25, 12 12:51 AM
Have you given your servers a Christmas break ?

This download is slow slow I won't be playing till Boxing Day !

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Dec 25, 12 1:05 AM
AN hour to download only to find out there are huge black bars on the right side and the bottom of screen which makes the picture completely unable to be seen on the right side of the screen.

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Dec 25, 12 3:36 AM
I too am having the same problems with this edition as with the CE. Black bars, disappearing curser etc..Never have I had this much trouble with any other game. I'm very disappointed and I will not be purchasing this game.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Dec 25, 12 5:16 AM
well same here, I had 2 black bars with the CE and they are here again with the SE ..so it's a no buy for me ...

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Dec 26, 12 8:41 AM
I keep getting an error code 764. I can't install it. It says it needs my permission. I clicked yes to allow installation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Yes the download is very slow. This would probably be a buy for me, but I can't even try the demo, so......

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 26, 12 1:57 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about those issues! I know it can get a little frustrating when a game isn't working.

For those of you with display issues, if you haven't already I would definitely check here for some great tips and tricks.

Rosa96: That 764 Error message means that certain controls on the system are too strict for the game to have permission to install. Please check here for specific instructions on getting that fixed.

If the error persists, or you'd prefer more hands on help please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. A rep will be happy to help and do everything they can to get those issues resolved!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Dec 26, 12 4:01 PM
I already read your help suggestion and that did not work!

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Dec 26, 12 9:08 PM
The first time I downloaded this, I got error message 766. I cleared my history and downloaded again. It downloaded completely, and I watched carefully so i could click Install the second it was available. I did. and then I got an error message that said I had failed to allow it to install. I suspect that the problem is in the game, as I tried 3 times to download the CE demo and all installations failed. Other games, less bloated, downloaded and installed easily.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 27, 12 5:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to read that the issues are persisting.

As you already tried different things and because the help we can give here on the Forum remains basic, I encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and include a Dr. Felix report.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgTokoro

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Dec 28, 12 3:08 PM
I'm playing the demo and am having a different issue. When I revisit a site to examine the display that pops up is empty. Sad I have loved MYF.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 28, 12 3:43 PM
Hi LoisMac,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help ensure that all the display elements are showing up normally. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you continue to run into problems with your display, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

jobag
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by jobag on Dec 30, 12 4:40 PM
Beadfisher, exactly the same for me. I'm really annoyed. Am sending off my diagnostic file right now. Hopefully it will work. I downloaded, and reinstalled four time, using three different browsers. Firefox told me that the website I was going to was an untrusted one, and I shouldn't go there.

leah2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by leah2 on Dec 30, 12 5:58 PM
I've gotten quite a fairway through this, but now I've gotten to a part where a document pops up and the screen freezes but the sound effect and ambient sounds continue to play through. It may be I lose the cursor but I cannot proceed any further now. Don't want to spoil it so won't say in forum what part of the game it is. Any help? Leah

[Post New]by msblake0913 on Dec 31, 12 11:51 AM
leah2 wrote:I've gotten quite a fairway through this, but now I've gotten to a part where a document pops up and the screen freezes but the sound effect and ambient sounds continue to play through. It may be I lose the cursor but I cannot proceed any further now. Don't want to spoil it so won't say in forum what part of the game it is. Any help? Leah

I've been having this same issue as well in probably the same spot. Screen freezes, cursor is gone but the sound is still playing. I know I'm nearing the end of the game and I don't want to have to unistall and re-install to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 31, 12 7:01 PM
My game freezes up and I loose the cursor when I click on the bulletin board in the warden's office. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing happened . Any suggestions? Game played fine up to that point. (albeit a little slow)

[Post New]by genfool32 on Dec 31, 12 9:30 PM
We got the bulletin board to let us access it when we had an object in our hand before clicking the bulletin board. Once we did and clicked on the envelope, now the game does not register that we saw the contents even though it appears in our notebook. Hint just tells us to find help in the coroner's office on the bulletin board when walkthroughs say that Cassandra should be calling us back to get more pictures.

IDEAS?

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jan 1, 13 10:36 AM
Thank you genfool32. I was finally able to get the bobbie pin off the bulletin board by having knife in hand. I would never have figured that glitch out.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 2, 13 3:19 AM
I'm not sure this is a technical issue, I've asked for help with it, but so far I'm still stuck, so I don't know if the game has perhaps gone corrupt or not.
The issue I have is the office where the fan, radio and lighter etc are, I've placed them all correctly, but nothing happens, the 'Hint' guide keeps asking me to place the objects and I have,

Again, I'm sorry if I've placed this in the wrong forum, but I don't know what else to do, I can't play the game anymore, so would it be possible to perhaps have a refund for the game, and then I can re-install the game, I've un-installed it already, and then re-installed the game, but it goes back to the scene I'm having problems with,
can you help please, j62janet

Go to: