tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

CE versus SE questions

[Post New]by tejasgal on Dec 25, 12 7:56 AM
Can anyone say what the biggest difference is between the CE and the SE of this game? Do we still get the morphing object part? Was the bonus material relevant to the ending of the story?
I really can't afford CE's at this time, and not even sure I want this game, but do have a couple of credits left and looking for something since all alone on Christmas and need something to fill the day
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all BF Fishies. You are all the best.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:CE versus SE questions

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 25, 12 8:48 AM
I don't know first hand since I didn't buy the CE, but I think from looking at the CE forum (reviews) the "bonus content" is integrated into the game and most people complained there was very little of it. As well, I think the morphing objects only unlock when you find the extra location..(some people could only play the morphing objects at the end, i.e., replaying the game w/ them unlocked). I think as far as CE bonus content, that was it (although I could be wrong). I don't think there's morphs in the SE.

For me personally that was not enough extra content to buy the CE esp in light of all the negative reviews. I did just play the demo of the SE and I do like it so far (although I skipped the 'psychic moving puzzle' (ugh ) , I'll probably get the SE since there is a BOGO free sale today.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 25, 12 9:03 AM
I played the CE. There is utterly no bonus story or anything in the bonus area, it was just doing things and took 10-15 mins. The morphs were unlocked in that area, so don't see how there could be morphs in the SE.

There was a making of, in the CE and if you got all morphs I think there was a teaser in a sentence - but it was just a hint that madame fate was going to be the next MCF. I couldn't even be bothered to get all the morphs so just read about that.

And that's it.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Dec 25, 12 9:21 AM
Thanks, Krissywillow and Gingergal. That's what I needed to know. Still undecided, especially with so many negative reviews.
I tried the demo and wasn't very impressed. May keep looking for something else.
Would welcome any suggestions. Bought Crimson Gems yesterday. Enjoyed it.
Downloading Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town now. It looks more interesting than this edition of MCF. Will be looking forward to another Madam Fate. That was one of the best.......OOOOhhhh, I could just go back and replay that!

Edited on 12/25/2012 at 9:24:26 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Dec 25, 12 9:44 AM
Both version will win the " Worst Game of the Year " award on the Unofficial 2012 Customer Favorites Awards .

[Post New]by gamineannie on Dec 25, 12 9:54 AM
lackoo wrote:Both version will win the " Worst Game of the Year " award on the Unofficial 2012 Customer Favorites Awards .

I seriously doubt it. The game sold quite well out of the gate, since its purchase was contingent on getting other, better CEs at half price. And experience shows that sales volume is what 'picks' the so-called 'customer favorites'. Too bad there is never an actual poll of customers to go along with it.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Dec 25, 12 9:58 AM
I seriously doubt it. The game sold quite well out of the gate, since its purchase was contingent on getting other, better CEs at half price. And experience shows that sales volume is what 'picks' the so-called 'customer favorites'. Too bad there is never an actual poll of customers to go along with it.

That is so true. I wonder how different the results would be if we really could vote?
And, wonder if it would make a difference to game developers if we could express our opinions in a real vote.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Dec 25, 12 11:42 AM
gamineannie wrote:Too bad there is never an actual poll of customers to go along with it.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/231743.page

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 26, 12 2:38 AM
It's not a hyperlink so you need to copy and paste it into your address bar.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 26, 12 3:28 AM
lackoo wrote:Both version will win the " Worst Game of the Year " award on the Unofficial 2012 Customer Favorites Awards .

Even though there were lots of worse games offered this year. It's disappointing and didn't live up to the build-up at all, but it's far from the worst game, even in just the HO category. People just love to jump on a bandwagon.

[Post New]by smellnroses2 on Dec 26, 12 4:42 AM
lackoo wrote:
gamineannie wrote:Too bad there is never an actual poll of customers to go along with it.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/231743.page
that link isn't good. says page not found i gave this game a minus 7 on a 1 - 10 scale and the only reason they sold so many right out of the gate is because it was a mcf game and people bought b4 trying. bf needs a 24 hr. return policy.!!!!!!!

Go to: