gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Welcome to Word Krispies forum

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 13, 10 4:13 AM
A tasty Daily Deal. Try it before you pass this one up. Glad to add it to my game collection.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 13, 10 5:43 AM
We sure need people to comment on this game!

It doesn't look good to me.

Have nice day all.

[Post New]by Jojo224 on Apr 13, 10 6:54 AM
Doesn't work on vista 64bit. I got to the title page and can't press any of the buttons. had to go on task manager to get off it. Even tried changing compatability mode. No joy.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 13, 10 7:43 AM
I love this game!

You have to use the cereal letters within a certain number of rounds, or the letter(s) sinks and you "lose a life" (of which I think you have 10). There are power-ups that keep letters from sinking and other little things to keep it interesting.

If you like word games, this one is a good one to try

[Post New]by GrandmaCrafty on Apr 13, 10 7:57 AM
A great daily deal! My 7 year old granddaughter comes to spend the week-end with us occasionally and loves speling games. I am looking forward to happy times with her on her next visit. We love word games!

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Apr 13, 10 8:39 AM
hmmm I like word games but run Vista 64bit....I think I'll wait for more feedback before I give this a try...

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 13, 10 8:58 AM
It's not a huge file since it's not graphics-intensive. Why not just give it a try? Couldn't hurt

[Post New]by artiste50 on Apr 13, 10 3:10 PM
Same as jojo224 I have Vista. All I get is title page. Had to use end task to get out of it. Would really have liked this for my granddaughters, but will not waste my money.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 3:12:05 PM PST

[Post New]by hyneil on Apr 13, 10 4:17 PM
I have vista 64 bit and didn't have any problems running the game. It's a cute word game that I'm enjoying playing.

[Post New]by wonderwoman4ever on Apr 13, 10 5:05 PM
I loved this game. I wasn't really interested in even trying the demo, but I'm glad I tried it now. This is a great workout for the brain. I'm off to buy. And this fills up my first punch card of the month.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Apr 13, 10 6:45 PM
Can't say anything about Vista 64 but plays perfectly on my Windows 7 64 bit. It's a nice diversion. For those of us who like word games, it's as challenging as you would like it to be (short words for children or when you're dog-tired; long words to challenge yourself.) It's whimsical and engaging. And as a DD, it's well worth the price. I have to go now - my cereal is getting soggy.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Apr 13, 10 7:17 PM
I thought this was going to be a silly child's game, so I almost didn't even try it. I'm glad I did, though. I love word games, and this one is enough different to keep me on my (old) toes. Also has a variety of mini word games at the end of each section. For 2.99, it's definitely worth it for me. Works fine on XP, by the way.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Apr 14, 10 6:07 PM
Word Krispies Review
Word Krispies is a variation on word creation games. The words can be made out of any letters in the pot (not just adjacent ones) and letters that are used are replaced with different ones. There are also a few word related minigames (hangman, letter fill ins, etc) between levels and powerups (both score bonuses and word creation help) appear sporadically. Also includes an 'action' mode where the goal is to make words quickly.

The good:
Simple rules
Inoffensive music
Reasonably large dictionary (and it is possible to both add words and reset the dictionary back to its original state)
Timers only present in bonus levels and for powerups
Custom cursor disabled by default

The bad:
Story is definitely an afterthought

Who will like this:
Fans of word games
Folks looking to excercise their brain

Who will hate this:
Folks who like a good story behind their games
Folks who are looking for a beautiful game

Karolyneb's notes:
I just realized I forgot to review this game. Well, better late than never and it looks like lots of other folks have done some very nice reviews already .
This game is not tied to any age - there is a kid avatar as well as an adult one and, although kids may have some trouble in some of the bonus rounds, the others would be lots of fun for folks who enjoy this kind of word game.

Go to: