stuck at forester's house, can't cut stem

[Post New]by robns2 on Dec 26, 12 6:16 PM
hints, etc, say to cut the stem of the monster plant, but the clippers won't do anythng. The blackline note at the top mentions chemicals, but I don't see anything anywhere that would help with that. What am I missing? Is there a sweet spot to put the clippers? Thanks!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

Re:stuck at forester's house, can't cut stem

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 26, 12 7:00 PM
I had to temporarily disable special effects. Then the roots of the plant lay still and were easy to cut.

Then I turned the special effects back on for the rest of the game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 26, 12 7:05 PM
Hi there ronbs,
Have you zoomed into the stem near the ground? I tried to cut the stem of the monster itself at first until I discovered this.
Cheers

navydan1
Shark
Shark
12,516 Posts

[Post New]by navydan1 on Jan 1, 13 12:43 AM
It won't work on mine, I think the devs need to install a fix to this tech problem.

[Post New]by emmacub on Jan 15, 13 9:18 AM
I am having the same issue. I tried turning off the special effects and that did not work either. I am at a standstill. I have tried every spot in that scene and nothing works.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 27, 13 1:24 PM
emmacub wrote:I am having the same issue. I tried turning off the special effects and that did not work either. I am at a standstill. I have tried every spot in that scene and nothing works.

There are 2 magnifying-glass areas to the chomping vine -- the face area where it's trying to bite you and the ground area (kind of further away from the main vine) where you can clip the vine. Move your cursor around particular towards the ground area that's close to the vine and watch for your cursor to change to a magnifying glass.

MEnr56

Go to: