bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 27, 12 12:29 AM
In the dark of night, an elusive figure breaks in to the royal menagerie and steals four magic animals, your childhood companions and dearest friends. It is up to you to save them! Take the journey to discover more about the Dark Minotaur who threatens the magical world. Can you save them in time?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Bonus gameplay
Downloadable music tracks
Stunning wallpapers and screensaver
An integrated Strategy Guide

Edited on 01/10/2013 at 4:47:11 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tillybaby on Dec 27, 12 12:35 AM
Unable to download it. It is taking so long that I'm just not bothering anymore with all of this

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 27, 12 12:38 AM
Very sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow DL.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 27, 12 12:40 AM
I agree. Yet again the slowest downloads, it's worse than dial up. 40 minutes and we're at 16%. I have said this more than once recently. Please Mods, don't 'pop' in to suggest it is my PC or connection, it isn't. Maybe it is just the load on your servers as everybody downloads the game at the same time. The problem is your bandwidth (I would suggest) But I also can't be bothered any more. I may try again later, maybe.

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 1:05:39 AM PST

[Post New]by Birmaangels on Dec 27, 12 12:44 AM
Downloading is extremely slow! Very annoying.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 27, 12 12:55 AM
Hate to tell you this, fishies, but it took me only about 2 minutes to download the demo.

And good morning, everyone!!

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Dec 27, 12 12:55 AM
yes another CE I was waiting for. but wait no download. only very very very slow. so I think it will be a day or more for I have the game complete

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Dec 27, 12 1:03 AM
How very odd! Just downloaded Weird Tales (all 900mb+) in 10 minutes. This one has been going for 30 minutes and only at 57%... I hope its worth it

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 27, 12 1:04 AM
1 hour for 28%!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 27, 12 1:06 AM
Valdy wrote:Hate to tell you this, fishies, but it took me only about 2 minutes to download the demo.

Yes same thing here with my demo it only took that long, but wait till you download and install the full version, it's taking forever and a Sunday. And I have Century Link 40 megs. And the dang thing still isn't done. My laptop beat my desktop and my desktop has 3 times as much power. Go figure

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 1:11:15 AM PST

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Dec 27, 12 1:08 AM
nomatt wrote:1 hour for 28%!

Poor you!! That is shockingly slow, noted your comment on their bandwidth - you'd think BF would have that sorted for peak times....

ETA - am losing the will to live...

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 1:22:21 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 27, 12 1:21 AM
It's worth to wait - it's enchanting HOPA (and I mean HOPA divided with justice between HOG and Adventure), with hilarious graphics, bells and whistles, from ERS...

Hi Shadow...it's our turn to be happy...

...A little bird whispered to me, that the "in the end" CE (the one coming in Sunday) is most Adventure (not so light), with 5 HOS during the whole game...but very lovely game too...

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 1:23:05 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 27, 12 1:23 AM
37%

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 27, 12 1:47 AM
Thanks Rebecca Lily, for the heads up on In the End on Sunday. Now that I know that there are hardly any HOG scenes, I will not bother to download it, hate adventure games

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 27, 12 1:56 AM
sassylassie wrote:
Valdy wrote:Hate to tell you this, fishies, but it took me only about 2 minutes to download the demo.

Yes same thing here with my demo it only took that long, but wait till you download and install the full version, it's taking forever and a Sunday. And I have Century Link 40 megs. And the dang thing still isn't done. My laptop beat my desktop and my desktop has 3 times as much power. Go figure

Morning, Sassylassie...

Just for you I timed the download for the full version, and it took 9 minutes and a few seconds.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 27, 12 2:02 AM
sassylassie wrote:

My demo d/l took a little over 2 mins.

I was concerned about the slow d/ls, so timed my full game d/l, which took 9 mins. 19 secs to complete!

This is a few minutes slower than usual for me, so I checked and discovered I had left something open and running in the background that I had forgotten about!
I am still getting used to W7!

BK

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Dec 27, 12 2:02 AM
just for some of youu fishes it may be to many games airead on pc or lap top i know for my pc every few months i take off some of the older to make room for new ones then if iwant to play one i droped i put it back on this game the d/l for took about ten minutes for mine off to buy then off to b ed while it does its thing then have fun when i get up in the am hope what i said helps some of you sweet fishes have fun night all its late sorry for typ ooooooo any ??? just send me a pm

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 2:07:03 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 27, 12 2:15 AM
Add another to the list of ridiculously slow downloads; being able to monitor the speed of my mobile broadband connection, I noticed something odd. The game starts out downloading at the usual speed; it will never be as quick as broadband which connects through a phone line but I don't have that option so my downloads are slow by comparison. I usually get between 6000 to 11000kbps; this demo started out at around 8000kbps, got to 50% and then slowed down to under 500kbps It has stayed at that level and has only reached 57% downloaded. I'm in the UK and it's 10am.

Oh wow it's got to 60% now

ETA: Finally finished the demo download; 10 minutes short of 2 hours with an average speed of 621kbps. This is approximately 14 times slower than my usual average speed I also updated an anti-virus programme after finishing this demo download; it's speed was 9500 kbps. So it would appear it's not my ISP that's slow.

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 4:02:59 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 27, 12 2:18 AM
angelfish106 wrote: I'm in the UK and it's 10am.
You don't connect point-to-point (and that's one reason why download speeds vary so much). Assuming 25 hops, it only takes one or two machines to be switched off over the Christmas period for the network to slow down.

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 2:18:44 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 27, 12 2:57 AM
Valdy wrote:
sassylassie wrote:

Morning, Sassylassie...

Just for you I timed the download for the full version, and it took 9 minutes and a few seconds.

O.k. and what is your broadband speed?

Go to: