[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 27, 12 2:11 AM
Any comments fishes?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Todays DD December 27 2012

[Post New]by sunshinej on Dec 27, 12 3:28 AM
This is so unfair. I already got this game last time when it was released as a DD. How will I be able to fill up my punch card especially this close to the end of the month with repeat DDs? That being said I enjoyed the game it was different and I had fun with it.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 27, 12 5:04 AM
For me, this was a good deal at $2.99.

There are 2 modes of play - clicking on "let me figure out what to do" is the most difficult, but you can change mid-game via the options button.

Options include: change level of difficulty/more help on, music, sounds and voices volume control, mute all, and fullscreen.

There is an interactive map for travel, but it doesn't show you where things needed to be done.

There is a lot of easy, relaxing adventure to this game. You scroll from left to right in search of sparkles indicating an objective, or hidden object scene to be completed. I did not find myself disorientated by this feature, as I usually am. A large green arrow appears when you can explore down other streets in this "village".

You meet wonderful characters along the way, and I enjoyed the voiceovers and interaction.

Hints: You begin the game with 5 hints, but can earn more hints by finding fairies. There are a total of 68 fairies to find.
Clicking on the ? on the bottom right of the screen gives hints on what to do next.
Clicking on the fairy icon on the bottom right shows the placement of hidden objects.
Clicking on the green eye on the bottom left shows items hidden under others, and you will have to locate other items in the scene first, or use inventory items. Sometimes you will have to leave the scene and find inventory items in other scenes, then trek back again.

Hogs: There are approximately: 15 "find items on a list" hogs.
2 pictorial
1 fragmented

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 27, 12 5:21 AM
contd:
Puzzles: There are no typical skippable puzzles. I would call it more interactive tasks to be completed, although the game calls them puzzles that require inventory items to solve.

When I first began the game, I had a somewhat difficult time with small objects that were well-blended in to the backgrounds. However, there is a magnifying glass, and plenty of hints to help you along.....if you keep an eye out for those fairies. As I progressed in the game, it seemed that my eyes adjusted and I had very little trouble finding objects.

This game took me approximately 3 hours to complete when I played it the second time. I am sure that it took me probably 5 hours to complete when I first played, as there is a lot of exploring to do.

Overall, I think it's worth the time to download and try. I am very satisfied with the game and the wonderful $2.99 price. Well worth it to me!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 27, 12 7:08 AM
Great game! Something a little different from the usual. Highly recommend, esp. at DOD price!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 27, 12 9:10 AM
I don't remember much about it as it's at least a couple of years since I've played it but I remember it's different and not the same old. I know I enjoyed it, it isn't very long so a DD is a good buy. I think you have to have quite good eyesight but I liked how the HOS were done. It's not a hard game - navigating and finding things is the challenge.

I think you have to find fairies in a scene and that's your hints ? I like when games do that.

GamerCouple
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by GamerCouple on Dec 27, 12 6:05 PM
It's on Unlimited too, if you have access to that with a PC. Very fun game, I thought! I liked it, though yes, it took me a bit to adjust to it at first. The feel of the game was just amazing to me. It really captured how a faire feels behind the scenes, minus the supernatural stuff of course. Also the faires I've worked at suffered from a distinct lack of trebuchets.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 27, 12 8:24 PM
I only tried about 30 min and didn't adapt to the gameplay Perhaps it was because of the time element between my ears timers sometimes make me freeze up thinking that I won't have time to play enough to tell if I like it..
Will try again another day when "mood"is better :/

Go to: