bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any The Missing: Island of Lost Ships technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 29, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any The Missing: Island of Lost Ships technical issues here only

[Post New]by arfur99 on Dec 29, 12 6:13 AM
Played trial thewn purchased. Game will not download to computer. Uninstalled trial but still no joy. All settings are the same as usual. Any help please?

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Dec 29, 12 7:12 PM
I'd really like to try this game but it won't open on my computer. It seemed to download and install with no problems, but when I click on the Play button, the little swirly thing goes for a few seconds and stops... repeat... repeat. It never does open any screen. When I tried to uninstall, I got error 346 - game running, quit before uninstalling, but the only way to quit was to reboot. I then uninstalled and downloaded the game again, but again it would not open for me to play.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Dec 29, 12 7:16 PM
I downloaded this and after installing went straight to Trial Expired, so I couldnt try it before buying.

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Dec 30, 12 2:16 AM
Played the demo, and purchased the game. It installed ok but then it wouldn't activate. Error code 902. Any way to activate from your side ?

ok now - went back and figured it out

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 2:55:46 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 30, 12 2:17 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry to hear that some of you are having problems with this game.

arfur99 - As the game seemed to install fine before it could be that something is blocking the download now. You can find some steps to see what could be the reason for that here.

unknitter - When a game doesn't open like it is happening to you, this is often connected to the drivers and software on your computer needing some updates. You can find some easy steps on how to get your machine up to date here.

redroo - When a Demo doesn't want to work, it often helps already to simply uninstall and reinstall your game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 2:18:13 AM PST

aecidia6
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by aecidia6 on Dec 30, 12 12:41 PM
Hi; The game won't start says resolution setting arn't right.Can't find anywhere what the setting are.I have the first missing game it works just find. thank you.

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on Dec 30, 12 2:11 PM
aecidia6 wrote:Hi; The game won't start says resolution setting arn't right.Can't find anywhere what the setting are.I have the first missing game it works just find. thank you.

I have the same problem. Don't have a clue what to do. Tried to change my resolution setting but had no luck. I keep getting the same message. Bummer

janiek307
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by janiek307 on Dec 30, 12 3:09 PM
I was in the room where the sleeping mushrooms are and had zoomed into the container holding the mushrooms when the game suddenly froze. The cursor wouldn't move. I didn't know how to extricate myself from this situation, so I pulled the plug on my iMac. When I went to search for the game to get playing again I discovered that it had disappeared and had to be reinstalled! What a bummer! Can anyone tell me how I can get out of a frozen game situation without having to pull the plug? Do not want to have to reinstall the game again if this situation should recur. Thank you.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 30, 12 4:53 PM
briteyz wrote:
aecidia6 wrote:Hi; The game won't start says resolution setting arn't right.Can't find anywhere what the setting are.I have the first missing game it works just find. thank you.

I have the same problem. Don't have a clue what to do. Tried to change my resolution setting but had no luck. I keep getting the same message. Bummer

Hi briteyz and aecidia6,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the resolution. If you haven't already checked it out, we have a help article <here with some information that may help.

Our Tech Support Team can also take a look at what's going on and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 4:54:19 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 30, 12 4:57 PM
janiek307 wrote:I was in the room where the sleeping mushrooms are and had zoomed into the container holding the mushrooms when the game suddenly froze. The cursor wouldn't move. I didn't know how to extricate myself from this situation, so I pulled the plug on my iMac. When I went to search for the game to get playing again I discovered that it had disappeared and had to be reinstalled! What a bummer! Can anyone tell me how I can get out of a frozen game situation without having to pull the plug? Do not want to have to reinstall the game again if this situation should recur. Thank you.

Hi janiek307,

When a game freezes in the way you describe, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display aspects. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything straightened out, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and will work with you on some more specific steps from there. We go over how to reach them and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 30, 12 5:22 PM
Specific MacBook question - shapes puzzle (like Tangram) at beginning of game - how do I "right click" the pieces to turn them? None of my usual Mac tricks work for this one. I run into this ALL THE TIME (since game devs forget about us Mackies) but there is usually a quick solution. I can't find one here.

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Dec 30, 12 8:36 PM
Sprattie, I'm on an IMac running 6.8 and am having the same problem (just in case you thought it was MacBook specific ). Have encountered this same problem in at least one other game and it was never fixed. At this point I plan to skip this puzzle and carry on playing, muttering to myself for awhile. If there are more of this type puzzle, or any other requiring the dreaded right click, guess I'll have to ask customer service for a refund.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 30, 12 9:36 PM
janiek307 wrote:I was in the room where the sleeping mushrooms are and had zoomed into the container holding the mushrooms when the game suddenly froze. The cursor wouldn't move. I didn't know how to extricate myself from this situation, so I pulled the plug on my iMac. When I went to search for the game to get playing again I discovered that it had disappeared and had to be reinstalled! What a bummer! Can anyone tell me how I can get out of a frozen game situation without having to pull the plug? Do not want to have to reinstall the game again if this situation should recur. Thank you.

What is the Mac equivalent of CTRL+ALT+DELETE? That's what I do when a game freezes (PC). There's a good chance if you reinstall the game, it will remember your profile and start you off where you left off (or shortly before).

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 31, 12 6:10 AM
Thanks for the support, dinsb. I've usually been able to use Control key + 1 finger (with a lot of messing around) or you can enable "secondary click" in System Preferences, but these don't always work.

I'm with you - if these are supposed to be Mac games, they need to be completely Mac friendly.

BTW, janiek307, the Mac equivalent of "control+alt+delete" is "force quit" in your apple drop down menu. Not an expert, me, but I've been figuring out a few things thanks to uncooperative BF games!

Edited on 12/31/2012 at 6:10:25 AM PST

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jan 1, 13 12:26 AM
On Deck, attempting to match all the "Eyes".
Had found all of them and thought all were placed (none remain in Inventory)
however one of the 'Slots' that needed filling still shows "Rusty" like before they were filled, and the center receptacle remains closed. Have matched them all, save that one I guess, and can't clear the Puzzle.
Worked too hard to get to this point to just "Skip" my way through it.
Have Screen Shot, but see no way to post it.
I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.
Thanks and God bless,
kat
=^,,^=

Had to end up exiting puzzle and deck,
and when I went back to try again the Glitch had cleared and I was able to finish and move on.

Edited on 01/01/2013 at 12:56:20 AM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 1, 13 3:19 AM
Air pump problem. I'm stuck in the HOS in the room with the mushrooms in the case.
I'm supposed to inflate the volleyball with the air pump, but it won't let me place the pump either on or around the ball. It keeps going back. I tried every position already. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing!
Any ideas?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 2, 13 4:22 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry to hear that the right click is giving you so many problems with your Mac games.

I would definitely recommend you to contact our Mac Support Team, they might have a solution for you on that!

katbear50 - Great to hear that the glitch cleared itself in the end and that you could go on! Closing and re-opening a game is always a good first-attempt to see if a glitch can be cleared easily .

gryhndlvr - As uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't hep, it could also be helpful to make sure that all your drivers are up-to-date with the steps you can find here as it could be that your computer is having problems to process the necessary steps.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 4:22:45 AM PST

luckiesub
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckiesub on Jan 2, 13 8:55 AM
same thing for me played the trial bought it now it will not play. it downloaded okay installed okay but will not open. reinstalled it 3 times to the same thing. what to do I don,t know. I let big fish games know the problem. It seems its not just me with the problem.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 2, 13 12:29 PM
Hi luckiesub,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the game to launch now too. Our Tech Support Team will be sure to get back to you as soon as they can to start working on the issue.

In the meantime, you might try updating your video card and graphics drivers, as that will sometimes help with this sort of thing. We go over how to do that in this help article here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: