shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for The Missing 2: Island of Lost Ships

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 29, 12 3:11 AM
Fun, fun!! I am liking this one. I hope all of you gamers had happy holidays and I will check back for your comments on this one! Happy New Year (almost), Shadow

Re:Comments for The Missing 2: Island of Lost Ships

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 29, 12 3:57 AM
And tomorrow we get from the same devs a CE.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 29, 12 4:01 AM

Hi Shadow Thanks, My Christmas was great!
I hope that your Holidays and those of all the Pond were, too!

I agree, this game is fun to play and I enjoyed just looking at it!

My graphics are gorgeous and clear, both inside and out of the HOs (completely filling my 23" WideScreen), and I would almost get the game for the music alone!

The voiceovers are great IMO and I love the humor!

All in all I played 59 mins. of the demo and have enjoyed every minute of it!
It's a definite buy for me!

Now all I have to do is decide if I am gonna get it right away and chance starting a new card (I already have 3 punches and it IS almost Sunday) or wait until I see what tomorrow brings! Decisions, decisions! LOL
More than likely I will cave and not wait!

A Happy almost New Year to Everyone!

BK

ETA Hi Dobbie!!

Part of my post went missing! Have added it back!

Edited on 12/29/2012 at 5:36:11 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 29, 12 5:01 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:And tomorrow we get from the same devs a CE.

Really? My, my... and they complain about ERS bringing them out as if there is no tomorrow.

The last game from this developer was CE "The Torment of Whitewall", which came to us on 17. December (16. for club members). Not even 2 weeks later we are getting this game (The Missing), and on Sunday we are already getting yet another CE from them?!

Don't get me wrong, I love these games, and I think that this game "The Missing: Island of Lost Ships" has vastly improved in the graphics department, when comparing it with the first "The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery", which came out in July 2011. I am just surprised at how quickly these devs all of a sudden releasing one game after another.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 29, 12 5:28 AM
Oops, this is wrong. Sorry!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 29, 12 5:40 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

*gets whip out and gives Dobbie 50 lashes (would have been 100, but since it's just past Christmas, I will make it easy on you).

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 29, 12 5:57 AM
I played part of the demo because it didnt peak my interest plus the HOs were like junk piles. Sorry BF but this one isnt for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 29, 12 6:01 AM
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

*gets whip out and gives Dobbie 50 lashes (would have been 100, but since it's just past Christmas, I will make it easy on you).
O, thank you so much!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 29, 12 6:42 AM
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

I hope that was a 'wet noodle' whip! (as in soft and painless) LOL

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Dec 29, 12 6:56 AM
Should i purchase the SE version of The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery too ?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 29, 12 6:59 AM
As I wrote in the reviews, this will be a buy for me next year(seems weird saying that). When it comes to HOPAs I am now going to try to just get ones that have a map that tells you where something needs to be done and hopefully takes you there. I'm tired of losing interest in a game halfway through it because of all the trudging back and forth, looking for a HOG scene somewhere, anywhere. I loved walking around in the Nutcracker because I knew where I needed to go. I only jumped if I had to go from one end to the other. If I would have had to keep walking from the library to the basement I would have lost interest and ended up not liking the game as much. Anyway, that's my New Years resolution.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 29, 12 7:13 AM
shadowfax44 wrote: I hope that was a 'wet noodle' whip! (as in soft and painless) LOL

Have you ever been whipped with a wet noodle, Shadowfax? Oooh... that hurts. LOL

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Dec 29, 12 10:37 AM
A big disappointment !
Though I see why some find graphics better here than in 1st of series--The Missing: a Search & Rescue Mystery (S & R)--to me that's partly to do with the change in graphics style as S & R's graphics are good too.

No matter, everything else is stepped down with The Missing 2 IMHO!
Way way too many junkpile hos, just filler instead of storyline content.

It hardly makes sense that these devs, known in past for good storylines & adventuring-type plots, have instead gone down this easy-play & hos-infested route.
Yuck... just my view but no buy here!

The 1st game, S & R, is many times better to me: great story, lots to do & its hos are neither rubbish junkpile filler nor too many.

I think these devs need to go back to what made their older games so good.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 29, 12 12:43 PM
There are too many Junkpile Hos for my taste, but for others it will be just their cup of tea.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Dec 30, 12 12:11 AM
Hey fishes, I'm really enjoying this one, light fun and lots of hogs,it's 43 degrees outside here today , so sitting under air conditioner and playing a game is the only option .
Wet noodle..mmmmm..

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

Comments for The Missing 2: Island of Lost Ships

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 30, 12 12:23 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Fun, fun!! I am liking this one. I hope all of you gamers had happy holidays and I will check back for your comments on this one! Happy New Year (almost), Shadow
Yes, yes, yes! Agree!

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Dec 30, 12 10:08 AM
Hey! Is anyone else confused by the "flag" mini-game? I thought that 2+4=6 so thats how I positioned the flags, then backwards, etc. But, that doesn't work. Where has my logic failed me?

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 30, 12 1:46 PM
Quite a game, it really is not a bad game, I think it's worth the SE price and might buy it. Has a map with tasks, can't click on them to go there but hey.. it's a map. Hints reload fast and it does show you where to go. HOG's are good and like the voice overs that really are fun to listen to. Sometimes there is a jewel among a lot of junk that is out there and I think this might be one of them. Give it 3 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 1:47:22 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 30, 12 5:24 PM
I seem to recall using my map to jump around a bit....Not a bad game, good time-filler for a Sunday. I thought the ending was a little abrupt and the characters walked a bit like Igor, quite funny actually! Used a PCC on it and no regrets....I enjoyed this one more than the first Search and Rescue, I even managed to do all the mini-games without skipping and no hints, did not even realize there is a walkthrough (!) which tells me that the game is not very hard, but the HO scenes are challenging - small objects hidden behind others = hard on the eyes! Happy (early) New Year to everyone from the Great White North! And I do mean white, we had our first Nor easter today - almost 30 cm of snow!

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 5:27:39 PM PST

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jan 1, 13 11:56 AM
Loved this game. So easy to get around with map and doable puzzles. Only con was way too short. Wanted more. Reminded me of PC game "Around the World In Eighty Days." Much better than Game of the year=MCF Shadow Lake which I can't finish because of some sort of glitch.

Go to: