bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 30, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 12:33:43 AM PST

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by galphimia on Dec 30, 12 12:39 AM
Black bars at the top and at the botton. Changing screen resolution improves nothing. What is going on here? Could not play Brink of Conscoiusness: The Lonely heart because of black bars, neither MCF. It is NOT my PC, it must be new kind of how they are programming games, because I have no problems with other games.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 30, 12 12:44 AM
Heya galphimia,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having black bars on this and some other recent games.

As changing the screen resolution didn't solve the problem, it could also help to make sure that all the drivers on your computer are up to date. You can easily check this by following the steps you find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 30, 12 12:44 AM
Hi galphimia

I had black bars along the sides of my screen, but, I ticked the "aspect ratio" box in the game's options and they went away!

Just a thought!

BK

ETA Sorry, bfgBiwa, you posted while I was typing!

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 12:46:09 AM PST

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Dec 30, 12 1:01 AM
Thanks BearKat, that helped. Although the pictures lost sharpness. Anyway, thank you.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 30, 12 1:13 AM
You are very welcome, galphimia.

I am happy that it helped some!

BK

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Dec 30, 12 4:23 AM
My Nightmare Realm: In the End game installed, but when it when to activate it said that my trial had expired. I checked to see if I had purchased it before and I DID have Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition, but not "In the End". Oh well - might have been a good game.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 30, 12 4:29 AM
Hi 0Jade Welcome to the Forums

Sometimes there is a glitch with the d/l that cause this to happen.

Try un-installing and re-installing the game as sometimes this helps.

BK

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Dec 30, 12 4:31 AM
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled - second time it worked like a charm. Thank You BearKat

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 4:32:21 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 30, 12 4:44 AM
You are very welcome, OJade!

I am happy that it worked!
Hope you enjoy playing the game!

BK

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Dec 30, 12 6:16 AM
I think I would have liked the Nightmare Realm games if I could play them on my computer. But neither,or I should say. all three of them, will not open. The screen blinks twice and says 60 minutes left, play again.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 30, 12 7:42 AM
im getting the same...played about 30 minutes, walked away from the screen...back to the play 60 minutes demo screen but it will not play. just lots of water plopping noises a la Big Fish

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 30, 12 7:47 AM
No technical difficulties as such...but do have large black bars top and bottom of screen. Really enjoyed the demo!

[Post New]by numbersgirl on Dec 30, 12 8:29 AM
The game will not open for me. I uninstalled it and reloaded, it still will not open. The first time it bounced back to the bigfish screen and showed that I still had 60 minutes. Second time I had 59 minutes. Is there going to be a patch soon? My drivers are up to date.

OK so I installed a driver update like instructed but the game will still not open. I just a flicker and it bounces back with one minute less.

Edited on 01/01/2013 at 9:15:41 AM PST

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Dec 30, 12 10:07 AM
So I downloaded the game but when I go to play it the screen flickers and jitters. I tried twice, then rebooted and tried again - same thing. ??? I'm running Windows 7 and meet all the requirements on this laptop...

[Post New]by capecarol on Dec 30, 12 10:51 AM
The pointer won't appear in the game, I am using windows 8, if that means anything. When I alt+tab out of it, the game pointer shows on the desktop.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Dec 30, 12 11:12 AM
I played 30 min of the demo then bought the game. I tried to open the game after buying it and I get an access error. It will not open anymore. I have unistalled and reinstalled and also reboot the computer. The sad thing is that I bought this game with a coupon code given to me by a tech because of another game that didn't work for me. Again it's another Holiday weekend so I have to wait again.

[Post New]by capecarol on Dec 30, 12 11:25 AM
capecarol wrote:The pointer won't appear in the game, I am using windows 8, if that means anything. When I alt+tab out of it, the game pointer shows on the desktop.

I managed to highlight the option box and deselect full screen and got the pointer but I would rather play full screen to get the whole effect.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 30, 12 12:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like there are a couple of issues going on with this game.

For those of you who are having trouble with the game not launching, or freezing up after a certain point, please check out the information in the help article below. Along with checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers, it has info about the specific programs that handle the display aspect of the game. Updating them may also help.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access violation errors can come up for a couple of different reasons, and this other help article here has troubleshooting steps to address that kind of issue.

But if you try those suggestions and the game is still not working correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at what's going on. If there is a bigger issue with the game itself, they'll also be able to collect information that will really help pinpoint where it's coming from. You can read more about how to contact them with those details in the post we've created here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Dec 30, 12 1:12 PM
[b]Here we go again. Almost finished the main game and run into a glitch. I am in the Archives and the Archivest was supposed to give me a little mailman, it didn't. Now I am once again stuck with something that should happen and doesn't. I really DO NOT want to restart this game is there any chance that there will be a patch???

Go to: