Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

It does not get any worse than this...!

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Dec 30, 12 6:21 AM
I consider myself a fairly easy going person. My view on life is my cup is half full - always postiive. I have been a member of bigfish since 2008, give or take.

I have downloaded countless games - some made me truly think, some made me laugh and some (Jewel Quest) frustrated the daylights out of me. However, none and I repeat none, had the poor quality of acting as Shadow Lake. I have seen Lea Thompson on TV many times and have always found her to be a reputable, if light, actress.

What was she thinkng and, for heaven's sake, what was the director thinking, that resulted in a less-than-high school first year drama class.

Her portrayal of Cassandra Williams - psychic detective was do poor that I felt sorry for her. I guess that she needed the money. The next time you cast, email me and I will do it for free. I have to be better than poor Lea.

So, as my subject line states...It (game) does not any worse than this...

Diane

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:It does not get any worse than this...!

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 30, 12 7:13 AM
I agree, she was bad, but I don't think she was the worst, and it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the game. At...least...she...didn't...take...for...ever...to...speak...like...some...voice...overs.

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Dec 30, 12 8:15 AM
No, it just seemed that way...long and agonizing!

Happy 2013.

Diane

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 30, 12 2:38 PM
I felt sorry for Lea Thompson. I can only believe that the person who directed her is responsible for the over-the-top/campy acting. I cringed every time I had to sit through one of those scenes. They were just so bad. So not worthy of Lea Thompson.

Howdyholly
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Howdyholly on Dec 30, 12 3:32 PM
Well her star has kinda diminsihed since "Back to the future III" I bet the rolls are few and far between. Yes it is bad, most voice overs usually are, but I am so impressed that they put the money to have a known actress in a game roll. I thought that was pretty cool! Add to that, the game is AMAZING!!! IMHO

Go to: