bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 1, 13 12:29 AM
Once upon a time, there was a man who went from town to town with songs and poetry, capturing the souls of children. From generation to generation, the tale was told. But every fairy tale has its true bitter beginning. Now a new evil has visited the town of Arbourshire, and children have been going missing. A mysterious puppet theatre seems to be at the centre of their disappearance. The town is in an uproar! A mob roams the streets and the Brothers Grimm have assigned the task of discovering the truth behind the Fairy Tale Mystery to you! Discover the truth behind the myth and save the children!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 1, 13 3:28 AM
Just a quick gripe... I hope the comments section won't be filled with outrage over the abuse of children again. Fairy tales are filled with these stories, this kind of plot isn't new and constant uproar and a call to arms to boycott the developers that use it is silly.

Thank you and happy 2013.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 1, 13 4:09 AM
Happy New Year Snapnhiss!
I agree, the game is not hard, I grant everyone that but it's fun! That's what counts. I am finding the story fun and the game fun. I like it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 13 4:14 AM
SnapsAndHissesAtMe... ALL Fairy Tale stories are gruesome. I never realised how much when I was a child, but only when I got older did I think that "fairy" doesn't really describe the tales that are spun by the tellers. "Horror Tales" more like it.

I am actually enjoying this game. Thought first that because it is pretty basic that I would get bored very quickly, but I do like the storyline and the way the game plays. Also enjoy the HOS, which have wonderfully clear and clean graphics.

And good morning, you two...

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 1, 13 7:09 AM
valdy,
this game does not seem to be a CE.........?

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 1, 13 7:12 AM
ooops,

this is the SE-------------had a late night

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 1, 13 7:37 AM
I played part of the demo and realized I played it awhile ago, maybe in the CE version. Anyways, I lost interest because it was familiar.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jan 1, 13 8:51 AM
Snaphiss and Shadowfax44, I totally agree with you in your comments. Also with Valdy, although I have to say, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, and The Three Bears did not scar me for life! I'm at the ripe old age of 74 now and feel that "fairy tales" have a place in children's lives if only to teach them that although those are only stories, the world has some scary things going on in it so they should be aware and take care. I still enjoy being "scared" in the darker games, but only because with the cares and troubles of this existence, I know that I can feel fearful yet still feel safe because it's not for real and is only a story (unlike real life). I kind of like to be scared anyway. I like creepy and scary in the make believe world as a release and a place to mentally vent. Anyway, that's just me. So everyone, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 1, 13 8:59 AM
This will be fun for many but not so much for me as every time you turn around there is a Hos and they are not interactive. I do prefer more emphasis on adventure. Awaiting Thursday's offering. It's a pachyderm game Yay ! Happy New Year to all !

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 1, 13 11:21 AM
It seems familar to me too but don't remember where, but must not have made an impression on me as I didn't buy it. Not too bad a game, I haven't lost interest yet, It is on the dark and gloomy side but can make out HOG's fine and the hints reload fast and does point you in the right direction. Will have to see if I ever do buy it or not, know it's not on my short list right now. Happy New Year Everyone!

bolser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bolser on Jan 9, 13 10:49 PM
Can someone please HELP ME??? I have been stuck for days now. I can`t seem to find all 3 of the crystals I need to fight the puppet master. W here are they hidden? Thanks for your help.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 26, 13 7:26 AM
well the game might not be a CE game, it will be a SE game, we give it a 3 out of 5 stars.-----------doug & lisa...........

[Post New]by amyyyyyyy on May 24, 13 8:05 PM
I am stuck on the clock I put it at 2:10 and nothing that is the time that the picture shows so I just don't get it. please help

[Post New]by squirrell38 on Feb 21, 14 4:18 AM
hi there i downloaded this game when you try to play it there is just a blank screen and then i have to shut down my laptop coz it just freezes

Go to: