bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 1, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

delobb
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief issues here only

[Post New]by delobb on Jan 1, 13 1:13 AM
I can get the game to download,but it will not validate. Margaret

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jan 1, 13 7:53 AM
Did you try to adjust the allow list on your firewall program?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 13 8:12 AM
delobb wrote:I can get the game to download,but it will not validate. Margaret

I would just delete what is on your game manager, and try again to install it. Sometimes it does seem to hang there, waiting to be validated.

delobb
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by delobb on Jan 1, 13 5:11 PM
Thank you,tried these but still will not work,thank you Margaret.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 13 5:59 PM
Hi delobb,
When this happens to me (usually after large downloads), I do a forced closure of the Game Manager. When I open the GM again, I hit the blue triangle next to the Game's Name and the rest of the process continues OK. (I'm using a PC).
Maybe this will work for you.
Cheers

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 2, 13 2:35 AM
Heya delobb,

I'm really sorry that the download for this game doesn't want to validate for you.

As download problems can have several causes, you might find the steps that you can find here helpful to get your game up and running.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Jan 4, 13 6:23 AM
My hint button, and journal button does not work. Also the puzzle? inside of the pub door is black. Game otherwise plays fine. I updated all of the programs and video card last week from a problem with another game. Any suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 3:27 AM
Hi ginny46,

To be honest, if you have updated your drivers recently, I can only suggest reaching out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix.

This will allow us to make some more specific suggestions as it sounds like you have tried all basic troubleshooting already.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/05/2013 at 12:17:13 PM PST

[Post New]by BobbysRaffles on Jan 23, 13 6:49 PM
Having an issue with placing the blue crystal on the potion table. Had a struggle getting the potion book on the table, but it finally landed there. No matter how many times I pick up the crystal it won't stay on the table. I've tried putting it on the table without clicking on the rotating magnifying glass and also after opening the table. Any suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 25, 13 4:49 AM
Hi BobbysRaffles,

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

In addition, you could try is pressing the hint at this point and then clicking exactly where the hint indicates, as sometimes, the hotspots that trigger reactions in the game are not quite where we imagine them to be - I have had this happen to me a lot!

If the problem persists, we would be happy to take a look at this with you and provide some further advice though.

You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 9, 13 10:00 PM
This game is a mess. I really wanted to play it too but like some others already said, the hint button and journal do not work and the puzzle in the tavern is blackened out so I'm unable to proceed. I did the requisite uninstall / reinstall, which didn't fix anything, as well as deleting my profile and restarting with a new one which didn't work either. My computer is well within the system requirements for this game so I don't understand why I'm able to navigate and do the HO scenes while being unable to open the journal or use the hint button. It isn't worth me contacting tech support either as I really didn't like what I played so far and finally uninstalled the whole thing with six minutes left in the demo. Oh well, no great loss as there are so many other games for me to play that I haven't been able to get to yet.

[Post New]by xyzpdq on Jun 9, 13 9:31 AM
Following error occurs trying to place the Clubs tablet on the chest of the form in the pottery room: Error: Access Violation at 0x089BEC57 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

PC. Windows 7.

Uninstalled. Downloaded again. Reinstalled. Played back to same place - changed the order in which I was placing tablets and ended up with same error: Access violation at 0x0881A437(tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Please advise.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 6:03:52 PM PST

[Post New]by grpowell on Aug 19, 13 11:29 AM
i am on my laptop, and i have the third ring for the painting, and it won't take it. What am i doing wrong?

ty-gloria powell

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 8, 13 12:05 PM
Devloper should fix the non-working hint button!! I didn't get far enough into the game to find the other glitches.

[Post New]by HKolar on Jan 25, 14 12:46 PM
I'm playing on a kindle fire HDX and I can't move forward in the game because it won't let me pick up fountain plate number two the one behind the three ring painting in the house. Any tips? I'm tired of purchasing games from you guys only to after unlocking the games for the game to stop working or run into a glitch like this where I can't move forward. And of course every time I try to get support I just get told that nothing can be done then I'm out of my hard earned money. It's beginning to get ridiculous.

Go to: