W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by W123 on Jan 24, 15 6:28 PM
I finally got a reply on my request to MC Tech; they're working the issue & I'm not the only one. I thought it might have something to do with the perfect scores but they're still out there.

[Post New]by dacastello on Jan 24, 15 6:39 PM
After I exit, I cannot start the game again. The BF manager says another game is running. I can play again if I manually kill bfggameservices.exe I am running on a Vista 64 bit OS. This just started happening in the last month or so.

Lost scene access - Valerias Spirit Level 26

[Post New]by shaz521 on Jan 25, 15 1:35 PM
I have reached Valerias Spirit at Level 26 - which required me to pay 10'000 gold to open the scene. To achieve this I sold off loads of stuff and finally got into the church in the town and played the new HOS.
A bit later I closed the game and went out for a while and have just logged back on to discover that the scene is locked and I will need another 10'000 to open it again!!!!!
Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to sort it as it has taken me ages to get the 10'000 together.
ShazR (402522)

[Post New]by sltahoemiss on Jan 25, 15 7:39 PM
I have a friend (ID134314 Noetic@) who sends me gifts. I want to gift this friend as well, but I am not able to do so. ID134314 is on my friends list, however, there is no "bubble" attached to the friend and it's name is missing from the gift choice list. Please give me the step by step instructions to correct this problem. I am very embarrassed not being able to return gifts to this person.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 25, 15 7:46 PM
Sita...........no bubble attached to your friend means they have no wish list......there is not a way for you to correct this.........you will just have to wait until they put a wish list up. Don't be embarrassed about not returning gifts to this person.....if they have no wish list you cant gift them.

[Post New]by paintedladies on Jan 26, 15 1:02 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Painted..........there is a thread in here somewhere that tells you how to play 2 or more games at the same time.......don't know where it is or what is was called. I think this is what you need, that way you can just ignore your hubby's game and play your own.

Found it.........the thread is called, "second games, how do you set one up".

Thank you so much sbaker2318!

[Post New]by paintedladies on Jan 26, 15 1:05 PM

Awesome tazruby2000! Thank you so much as well!

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 1:05:59 PM PST

[Post New]by Kroddam72 on Jan 26, 15 4:08 PM
I can't add friends who play the Android version of the game. I play the PC version. Is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks
Kroddam72

montall
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by montall on Jan 26, 15 4:38 PM
This morning I was briefly 'infected' with the frozen timer glitch that says I am top player in each HOS scene I visited. Apologies to any friends in my list, I can assure you that I am not that fast.

I think what might have triggered it was that I closed down the game incorrectly. I was playing in a minimized window and accidentally clicked on the red x to close the window instead of the red x inside the game. When I reopened it the glitch was there and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before. I don't pay too much attention to those scores to be honest but I think I would have noticed the flashing lights saying I had attained a personal best score a bit earlier if they had been there earlier.

When I realised what was happening I closed it down again (correctly this time) and then reopened it and the glitch was gone.

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 4:41:37 PM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 26, 15 4:42 PM
Krod.....yes, you cant be friends with people on other platforms.

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 27, 15 1:33 AM
since you're not going to turn my old game back on (241188 Gavi-Tn) then please turn the LEADER BOARD back on on #404876 Gavi-Tn. Thank you

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 27, 15 12:07 PM
There is a problem with the new HOS', the timer do not work properly and I am the only one in the score list. And I am not the only one having that problem. Please have this fixed, thanks.

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 27, 15 3:44 PM
gernespieler wrote:There is a problem with the new HOS', the timer do not work properly and I am the only one in the score list. And I am not the only one having that problem. Please have this fixed, thanks.[/quote
----------------------------------------------------
no, you are not the only one with this problem. hopefully they will get everything sorted out. just keep plugging away (lol).

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Jan 27, 15 5:49 PM
I had played for about 3 hours and got a message that the connection had been lost and it closed down. When I was able to get back on, all of my progress had been lost. How can I get back the progress I had made?????????, not happy

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 28, 15 2:38 AM
patmosby, please try the next time not to hit the quit button, just try the re-connect button as long as necessary. Needs some patience, but you will not lose anything.

mibs
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mibs on Jan 28, 15 2:08 PM
Hi since the last update I get a message that the game has stopped working about 2 times a day I have taken to shutting down and restarting but sometimes I forget and it takes me back to the start of the session. can you please find out why it does this it does not happen to any of my other games

toscapishi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by toscapishi on Jan 28, 15 10:04 PM
PLEASE HELP. I was at level 57, after I reset my laptop I lost it and I am back to the very start of the game. I do not wish to restart the game from the beginning. I WANT MY GAME BACK AT THE LEVEL I WAS. PLEASE HELP; THANK YOU

jk960
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Airship Screen not loading properly and freezing

[Post New]by jk960 on Jan 29, 15 7:43 PM
Hello, for several days if I click on the Airship the items it needs are grayed out and the images for the items are laying on top of the crate and the pack button. No buttons work and I have to close the game and restart in order to continue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Midnight Castle and updated my graphics driver, but neither helped. Anyone else having this issue?

[Post New]by CatjaF on Jan 30, 15 3:53 PM
After the recent update I noticed that I was missing most of my coins. Before the update I had around 69K in coins now I'm down to just over 5K. Nothing else appears to be missing. Has anyone else lost coins? how do I get my coins back? This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Midnight Castle.

sammebuck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sammebuck on Jan 30, 15 5:32 PM
Help please! Today, Jan 30th, I did the required update...400+MB...don't remember exactly. Went thru my Big Fish Game manager, did the download, did the install. Went to play the game, all is well. Played about 45 min...exited out. Came back in a couple hours later, all my previous progress is gone. Hmmm. Ok..maybe I had an internet glich and didn't notice it. Went and played thru it again, finished a quest for the keeper, progressed a bit in gold....and something for the assassin. All seems well. Get out, went back within a couple of minutes to check....all progress there. Ok, but now, come back 3 hours later, all progress gone again..... now GRRRR. What is doing this? Now I'm back to the first place I was after the update today again. This is a tad frustrating. Computer is fine, using a PC, Windows 7, good strong internet connection at 57 mbps. Any suggestions? Sometimes this is a lot of running around anyway and redundant is worse when you're not even making a little progess anymore.

Go to: