bfgPanthalassa
2,347 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 28, 17 3:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to offer some help and info for the issues being discussed here.

Dasu94, it sounds like you've reached the current end of content for Midnight Castle. At this time Level 74 is the highest level that can be reached in the game, which means that players will need to wait for additional content to be added in order to access further levels and quests.

The Forum Moderation Team isn't provided with advanced information about upcoming updates, and so I'm unable to say when further levels may be added. However, the Moderators will definitely be sure to update the forums when any new details are made available. In the meantime, players can still participate in game features, Daily Quests, quests from Trina, and Castle Challenges or other events that may come up.

HennyMarie, I'm sorry to hear that there's been some trouble connecting to the game. The Forum Moderation Team is aware that some players have been seeing these issues, and we've worked to pass the reports about this along to the appropriate team. In the meantime, if these connectivity issues persist, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID. Our Reps are always happy to assist as best they can. Steps for locating that ID can be found below, if needed:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Hojunkie, thank you for taking the time to report this. It may be the case that the game is having trouble saving the items being added to the server, which is why they need to be added a few times before they're appearing correctly.

In this situation the Forum Moderation Team often suggests double-checking the WiFi connection on your device. Making sure the internet connection is strong can help ensure the game has access to the resources it needs to work properly. If the problem continues to occur, the Moderation Team then recommends contacting our Technical Support Team with that ID, as mentioned above.

Thank you Desertdruid for taking the time to provide that great link! That thread contains some great information about completing quests in the game, and can certainly help in situations like this. In order to make it easier to open, I've gone ahead and made that link clickable.

bfgPanthalassa
2,347 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 28, 17 3:00 PM
Kate_012, I'm sorry to hear that there’s still been some trouble activating the Fairy Serpent. It sounds like you’ve talked to the available characters, but still aren’t seeing the option to gather that last piece needed to activate the Serpent. In this situation I encourage reaching out to our Customer Support Team and including a screenshot of the quest asking that you use the Serpent. The team will absolutely be willing to help as much as they’re able, and can offer additional assistance if this is looking like a tech issue. If they’re needed, some steps for taking a screenshot can be found in the following help article:

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by DianaClanahan on Mar 1, 17 12:47 PM
iPad Midnight Castle level 74. Prof says let wise dragon sum it all up, but when I click on wise dragon it says no task. The dragon will revel the truth in a future update. Been stuck for several weeks and the last update didn't help

bfgIlinalta
1,613 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 1, 17 2:04 PM
Hello DianaClanahan,

Welcome to the forums, and it totally makes sense to wonder when that particular quest will be updated to finally reveal what the Wise Dragon knows. When a character requests that you speak with them again in the next update, this is the game's way of indicating that you've reached the end of all available content and that a new content update will need to be provided

The right teams behind Midnight Castle are working on additional content, which should be released at later date. When new content is available, it will be announced in the Midnight Castle Forum by the Forum Moderation Team. It appears that the most recent updates were not meant to provide an update to the main quest's content, but I hope the next updates will do so.

Thank you for playing Midnight Castle and I hope the Wise Dragon is able to reveal that secret soon. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by LadyMadison on Mar 2, 17 8:19 AM
Since the iOS "friend gifting" issue I've been able to gift most of my friends. Also, most have in return also gifted me. But, for the past 24 hrs. I've rec'd **NO** gifts from friends, which is very very unusual. I edited my Wish List yet again, but still no gifts coming in. Is there a way to check that my Wish List is working properly at my friends' end?

i2349537

Many thanks

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,699 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 2, 17 9:35 AM
Lady Madison, I have sent you an invitation. As soon as you accept, I will check on your wish list & let you know.
Druid

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,699 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 2, 17 10:06 AM
I went back to the game & all my friends had disappeared - not even Just John was left. Closed the app & tried to reopen - no connection to server, at least a dozen times. Will shut off & restart my iPhone (SE) now, & try again in a few minutes.

bfgBellerophon
7,503 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 2, 17 10:13 AM
Hi LadyMadison and Desertdruid,

Thank you for taking the time to post what is occurring within your games in this thread and what troubleshooting steps have been taken. We definitely want to help get the social features in your game run as it should.

It is recommended to refer to the following help article from Midnight Castle Help for troubleshooting steps specific to this platform:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (iOS)

If issues continue to appear with gifting or the server connection issue message, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of the issue. If you are able to provide screenshots, that would help. The support team has the tools to further investigate. Just in case it's needed, I'll include help articles on how to obtain this information below:

What is an in-game ID?
How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 11:21:43 AM PST

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,699 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 2, 17 11:00 AM
I just got back in. All my friends are back.

Lady Madison, your wish list is showing up.
You're welcome to stay if you like.

bfgBellerophon
7,503 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 2, 17 3:07 PM
Hi Desertdruid,

Thank you for updating the Moderation Team as well as other players in the forums. I'm glad to hear that your friends list has returned in your game! We apologize for any frustration this may have caused, and feel free to reach out to the support team above if you notice this issue again in the future.

Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Kate_012 on Mar 3, 17 2:49 PM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Kate_012, I'm sorry to hear that there’s still been some trouble activating the Fairy Serpent. It sounds like you’ve talked to the available characters, but still aren’t seeing the option to gather that last piece needed to activate the Serpent. In this situation I encourage reaching out to our <a href=https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask>Customer Support Team</a> and including a screenshot of the quest asking that you use the Serpent. The team will absolutely be willing to help as much as they’re able, and can offer additional assistance if this is looking like a tech issue. If they’re needed, some steps for taking a screenshot can be found in the following help article:

<a href=https://bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=188>Taking a Screenshot</a>

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page>active Moderators</a>.

bfgPanthalassa

Hi I have tried contacting the customer support team but I'm not having much luck. Is there any other way of getting help? I'm gutted as I love playing this game but as I can't progress there's not much point in playing

[Post New]by Mshubin on Mar 4, 17 1:34 PM
I would estimate half of my friends aren't back.

bfgPanthalassa
2,347 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 2:18 PM
Hi All,

I wanted to stop by here to offer some help and information for the issues being discussed.

Kate_012, I understand that you've contacted our Support Team, but it sounds like you may not have gotten help yet. All of our teams here definitely want people to be enjoying the game, and I understand wanting to look into the situation.

I've reached out to the Support Team and it looks like a Rep was recently able to reply to you about this matter. Our Reps are the best equipped to assist with issues like this, and I encourage checking out that email they sent.

Mshubin, I'm sorry to hear that some of your friends in the game disappeared! It may help to try closing and re-opening the game, or restarting the device you're playing it on. This can help ensure that everything loaded correctly, and can be useful when friends in the game disappeared.

Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the game, if your friends still aren't appearing we're unable to restore them from our end. Instead they'll need to be re-added manually, and it may help to try posting in our iOS specific friend code thread or to create a new discussion in the forums. The forums are a great place for finding new friends in the game, as well as reconnecting with old ones. I've included a link to that friend code thread below, in case you'd like to take a look:

iOS Friend Codes

Thank you both for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

tutorqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

friends not opening in gifting

[Post New]by tutorqueen on Mar 7, 17 7:41 AM
For over a week now, I cannot get all of my friends open to gift. They are there but won't open. My player id is i205162. I would like to be able to gift back, but currently can't.

Debbi

bfgPanthalassa
2,347 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 7, 17 9:50 AM
Hi tutorqueen,

I understand that there's been some trouble sending gifts to friends in the game, and I'm sorry to hear this. There are a couple reasons that this may be occurring.

It may be the case that those friends don't currently have wish lists created in the game, in which case the option to send them gifts wouldn't be available. You can check and see if they have a wish list by checking your Social page in the game. When someone has an active wish list, an arrow icon will appear by their name, and tapping on that should cause the list to appear.

If they do have items on their wish list, but you're still unable to send them gifts, there are some troubleshooting steps we can try. I encourage checking out the following help article, which contains information that can be useful in resolving situations like this:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (iOS)

If the problem continues I then recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and a screenshot of the players on your friends list that you've been unable to gift. Our Reps have the tools needed to look into the situation further, and they'll be happy to help. Steps for locating that ID and taking a screenshot can be found on that Midnight Castle Support Team page, if needed.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
485 Posts

friends not opening in gifting

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 7, 17 4:36 PM
tutorqueen wrote:For over a week now, I cannot get all of my friends open to gift. They are there but won't open. My player id is i205162. I would like to be able to gift back, but currently can't.

Debbi

Same thing happens when I get friends requests. Someone in the forum suggested rebooting the iPad! Although it's a pain, it has worked for me!
You can google how to reboot your iOS device.

Good luck!

[Post New]by LadyMadison on Mar 7, 17 5:46 PM
While vacationing I lost my ENTIRE game on March 6. I recently reached level 40 on Feb. 28 & had 500,000+ coins, many shards, items, pet food, etc. I am **devastated**. I paused an HOS to do another task, and when I restarted it my game crashed, then when I was able to restart the game, it started from the very beginning. Is there any possible way to get back my game, my money, my items, etc.? This is 5 months of daily play...

My id:  i2349537

tutorqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tutorqueen on Mar 8, 17 3:59 PM
Thanks bfgPanthalassa

bfgIlinalta
1,613 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 8, 17 4:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues being seen in the iOS version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like one of the issues has already been addressed by my colleague bfgPanthalassa, and I'd like to provide some steps for contacting our Support Team for further assistance with the other one.

tutorqueen, thank you for your patience while working through some issues the device is seeing while using the more social features of the game. It sounds like the information bfgPanthalassa provided assisted with this issue, but if there are further issues with that friend's list or crashes, even after troubleshooting, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team using the steps below.

swedane, thank you for providing that tip should there be an issue with loading a friend request. It sounds like a good workaround if there's trouble accessing a request for friendship. Feel free to contact our Support Team using the steps below if you need further assistance or the game crashes even after troubleshooting the game.

LadyMadison, it sounds like the progress made on the account is no longer available. I'm sorry to hear that, but I am glad to say that we can absolutely assist with restoring that progress. For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game ID of the old progress if available and the new in-game ID on the device if able. Steps for locating an in-game ID can be found on that Midnight Castle Support Team page if needed. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/08/2017 at 5:01:20 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 9, 17 11:54 AM
If I go to my account I always have to enter my email address & password even though I have ticked the box " keep me signed in" I have tried the Midnight Castle help page,the general help for iPad games & turning off the power & restarting but I can't find anything specific to my problem.
Any help would be most welcome .

Go to: