Senior Citizens sign in!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 31, 18 8:37 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:Busy in Morocco. Any idea what the main picture is? Looks like some kind of canopies but really can't make it out. Just finished a level that I have no idea how I did it.Just matched gummies and they disappeared in all directions and then it was completed. Really weird.

That happens when the move you have made causes a cascade of more moves which ends in all squares being cleared.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 31, 18 11:02 AM
BA level 50 is an absolute nightmare - having to clear ice, fill colour blockers to do it, and get a large number of blues when none seem to come down is just too much! I am retiring for the day!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Apr 1, 18 8:55 AM
Well, I’m a happy camper! Finally won a Daily Event (only 3 letters for 150 coins).

GD Support told me the world map green status bars are gone for good. Rather, each task in the cities will have a box next to it that will fill with green to indicate progress. Has anyone seen anything like this? I liked the status bars as they helped me determine which cities to work on with infinite lives—wish they would give them back. It looks like they have gone the way of the resource counts that we used to see during game play.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 1, 18 9:50 AM
Yes in the pc version there is a pull out window in each city with a list of what still needs to be done to complete to 100%, each task box fills with green as progress is made, and it also says stuff like help the locals or upgrade the port.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 1, 18 11:04 AM
My gold rush today is two words and six letters, sun hat, I guess they had to be generic and not call it a Easter bonnet, plus that would be to much gold to give away

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Apr 1, 18 11:27 AM
It's on the passport page

Fish

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Apr 1, 18 12:43 PM
The green city status bars have returned to the world map view in my regular, non-Facebook game. These changes are just plain weird. I’m gonna take a break go bake me some Irish Soda Bread, the good old fashioned Irish way!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 1, 18 1:14 PM
Status bars are back for me too and I'm Facebook connected.

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Apr 1, 18 2:21 PM
I'm happy to see that the green status bars are at back for me too. I am not FB connected, and am playing on an android mobile.

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Apr 1, 18 4:39 PM
Woohoo!!! I finally made it to Amsterdam!!

I've been slowly and sometimes painfully making my way through the difficult cites. I gave up playing a couple of times it was so bad. Each time I thought a city was really bad, the next would be even worse. The thing that kept me going was when the dev's opened up Mexico city and I got a taste of what it could be like when you can build for the amounts of resources you can actually earn instead of needing millions. I almost gave up again in Reo - for me that was the worst. Hard to build, difficult levels and to make it really miserable the music was so LOUD. There was one level that was nearly impossible. I'd go into the game try it 3 times (and die) then give up again. Eventually I got lucky and somehow got past it.

Also all the tips in this thread and elsewhere really helped. Especially when someone found out you could click ahead of a monument you hadnt built. That little trick kept me sane at times. I could play some new levels and alternate with going back to earn the levels that would get the needed resource.

Now Amsterdam has monuments that are easy to build. And a HH card only cost 50 coins. That was so cheep compared to what I was used to that I laughed! I'm sure it will get harder as I continue but with lower costs of building it will be a pleasure trip!

Side note: I was disappointed that they chose to show the city in winter. I lived in Amsterdam one spring and was looking forward to seeing the city I remember: flower market, bicycles, sunshine!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 1, 18 4:51 PM
How do you click ahead of a monument you have not built?
The first 3/4 of Amsterdam was great but the HH get really spendy after that.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 1, 18 5:31 PM
The click ahead of monument trick was short lived. They fixed it the next release, so it no longer worked. Unless it’s back again?

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Apr 1, 18 6:58 PM
Hi Labina,
They haven't yet fixed it for the PC version so you can still use the trick. Click on the path where the next level would be and it should come up. You may have to try a couple of times to get the right spot. Eventually you do have to build the monuments to leave the city so its not a complete shortcut. But taking advantage of the "glitch" that lets you open the next level can be a relief from replaying levels to get the right resources.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 1, 18 11:41 PM
I just tried it and it does work, that is a neat little trick, good to know.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 2, 18 5:50 AM
For all of you who felt my pain while my game was in disarray with all those stupid timing issues (eternal amounts of hours to wait for lives to regenerate and all the other timing things that didnt' work unless the ipad was left turned on and GD open, like shipping not moving unless on etc, the list was endless) I am VERY HAPPY to report, that since the update I installed on thursday prior to leaving for the Easter weekend away, also taking with me Buenos Aires, Everest Blizzard and a marathon, that ALL of those timing issues have ceased and the game is now working exactly as it always used to do. So much so for it not being anything to do with the GD game itself. I have not changed ANYTHING else on the ipad whatsoever, no other updates besides GD. And yet, it has all miraculously fixed up since that update. But I am very glad it has as it makes it so much easier now to not have to continually leave it all open and turned on and at the same time having to constantly be charging it too. It was driving me insane. Lots of other things to report, like getting LA completed in the four hours after blizzard, so VERY glad thats over and done with too, all those super nasty timed levels and others are now a thing of the past and I have yet another big yellow tick on the list. Glad to be back.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 2, 18 6:59 AM
Huzzah!!!

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Apr 2, 18 8:44 AM
Good to hear, Jules! Nothing worse than having our electronics fail us..my frustration level goes though the roof.. good on you for persevering!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 2, 18 9:05 AM
I'm sure it is pure coincidence jules that the problems happened to disappear at the same time as the update.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 2, 18 10:52 AM
Congrats Lavenderlion. I am positive many players here will tell you that you have scaled the heights, reached the summit, and it is almost all downhill from Amsterdam.
Get ready to be rich, esp. if you ship.
And, I agree, Amsterdam in spring and summer is a delight.

Edited on 04/02/2018 at 10:54:10 AM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 2, 18 1:44 PM
I have started shipping again but I was able to play through at least 10 cities with out doing so and two good things that came out of it is that the most expensive part of completing those cities to 100% is already done, plus I have millions in unused resources from buying the HH that I can now ship forward with out having to replay levels many times over to get more resources. While I am waiting on the resources to ship I go back to older cities to replay levels to tier 2 and 3 to try get more gold and complete more of the city. Sometimes it is a good thing to try several different strategies instead of just sticking to one thing.

Go to: