how do i combine objects

how do i combine objects

[Post New]by leigh808 on Jan 1, 13 6:27 PM
I'm playing on an android phone. How do I combine the morphine and syringe?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:how do i combine objects

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 1, 13 6:37 PM
Love this game, though it's been quite a while since I played it (and I played it on a PC.)

Usually you would do something like dragging one item and dropping it on top of the other to combine them.

[Post New]by leigh808 on Jan 1, 13 6:54 PM
Yeah I tried that, they are both in my inventory. It wouldn't let me drag ontop of each other. Annoyed bc I can't move on.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 1, 13 10:25 PM
First, did you talk to Danforth after you found the morphine? I don't think you can combine them until you talk to him. Keep talking to him until he repeats himself, then try combining the syringe and the morphine.

If you did that and it still doesn't work, then did you try combining it both ways? Putting the morphine on the syringe and putting the syringe on the morphine? It's been a while, but it seems to me that you might have to do it in a certain order. Also, you might go back to the first aid box and try combining them there, where you found the syringe.

[Post New]by leigh808 on Jan 2, 13 7:00 AM
Yea I collected the morphine, talked to him, then got the syringe. If I click on the syringe it pulls it out of inventory and I cannot drag it anywhere near the morphine. I thought maybe I was missing a hidden button to combine inventory items. Haha. Guess I am not suppose to play this game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 2, 13 9:34 AM
Hi leigh808,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the combining task in this game!

I haven't played it on a mobile device myself either, but our reps on the Mobile Support Team should be able to help.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email and they'll get back to you with some info about how that should work ASAP.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 2, 13 10:55 AM
leigh808 wrote:Yea I collected the morphine, talked to him, then got the syringe. If I click on the syringe it pulls it out of inventory and I cannot drag it anywhere near the morphine. I thought maybe I was missing a hidden button to combine inventory items. Haha. Guess I am not suppose to play this game.

OK, I just played up to this point on my iPad. I had no trouble combining the syringe with the morphine. Make sure to drag the syringe directly sideways to the morphine. Don't move it up so that it leaves the inventory row. If that doesn't work, then all I can guess is that you've found a glitch. In that case, contact BFG Support as bfgMonongahela suggested. Good luck!

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 11:44:13 AM PST

[Post New]by leigh808 on Jan 2, 13 7:12 PM
Aww thanks for trying it. I'm going to download on my work phone and try too...it's android too though. On my phone as soon as you tap the inventory item it puts it on the screen, no time to slide over in the inventory box. I will try support too. Thanks for trying to help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 2, 13 9:03 PM
leigh808 wrote:Aww thanks for trying it. I'm going to download on my work phone and try too...it's android too though. On my phone as soon as you tap the inventory item it puts it on the screen, no time to slide over in the inventory box. I will try support too. Thanks for trying to help!

And I assume tap-hold does the same thing? On my iPad & PC both I just click/tap-hold and drag the syringe to the left to the morphine bottle and they combine. Must be a bug. At least you're not too far along, so starting over won't be too traumatic, if that's what's required. It's a good game, so I hope you get past this part.

[Post New]by leigh808 on Jan 3, 13 4:52 PM
Yeah I tried tapping, holding, double press, SOS code, you name it. I'm glad it did it in the beginning and not later on.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 3, 13 8:37 PM
leigh808 wrote:Yeah I tried tapping, holding, double press, SOS code, you name it. I'm glad it did it in the beginning and not later on.

SOS code, huh? Never tried that one. I'll keep it in mind for next time I hit a glitch in a nautical game. *LOL* Well, best of luck and happy gaming - once you get past this one!

[Post New]by NatsNats56 on Jun 15, 13 8:03 AM
I play game on the Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). And I have found shovel blade and wooden handle. I tried to combine them by different way: drag-and-drop, tap, double tap. I see the icon with two arrows on this items, which gives a clue about combination. But I still cann't. Have you got a video with instruction how can I combine them? Thank you

[Post New]by koebek on Jul 12, 13 11:12 PM
i'm having the same issue with the shovel parts. any time i pick up something in the inventory, the object is not aligned with my fingertip, it jumps immediately up to the game area. it's physically impossible as such to be able to drag that item back down into the inventory area to combine it with another. this must be some kind of bug with the interface (i'm using a samsung galaxy s4) - in this condition, the game is rendered unplayable.

does anyone know if this is indeed a bug? it seems as though the issue was present back in january, and perhaps it's a problem now with newer phones?

[Post New]by tinamasu on Jul 14, 13 3:23 AM
No glitch. If you have both combining pieces in the inventory bar, just grab one piece and move it above the other piece and keep holding it for about 2 sec. Then "bing" items combined.

[Post New]by tinamasu on Jul 14, 13 3:56 AM
But I think that you can only combine the pieces in your inventory bar if you are in the area that needs it. If you are in an area that doesn't require it yet then you can't combine.

[Post New]by Puckapa on Sep 16, 13 8:58 AM
tinamasu wrote:No glitch. If you have both combining pieces in the inventory bar, just grab one piece and move it above the other piece and keep holding it for about 2 sec. Then "bing" items combined.

But this just doesn't work on Android!
If this is bug I will go nuts.

[Post New]by sonofireland on Nov 10, 13 12:30 PM
HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED YET??? I feel like a **** for wasting time with this damned game, either fix the problem THAT PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM PLAYING FOR MORE THAN 3 MINUTES, OR TAKE YOUR GAME DOWN. People have been complaining about this for HOW LONG NOW????

[Post New]by Bazenob on Dec 18, 13 6:08 PM
I've already played this game and won, and am now playing it a second time thru - so it's not a question of knowing what to do. The problem is that combining objects is very difficult to do on the Android (Galaxy SIII in my case.) It is a defect in the user interface - as soon as you touch an object the Android offsets the cursor to such a degree that you can no longer drag your finger back to the objects tray without your finger sliding off the screen. It can be done but it requires many many attempts even when you know exactly what you need to do. It's a defect, and you need to fix it.

[Post New]by AurelianRose on Jul 14, 14 1:06 AM
Same issue...I originalky couldn't even play game as had a different keyboard loaded than my resident lg and couldn't get past player name once rest everything just to play mofm on my android now same issue mukyiple attempts and objects put onscreen unable slide, hold, or combine, in right are, etc, nothing works...clicking comine arrows should combine object if sloppy and rface...serious glitch...why not fixed...can't play

[Post New]by Chudster on Sep 29, 14 11:02 PM
I've had similar issues. I'm on Galaxy S4 kit kat. When I select an object in inventory the object immediately relocates in the game play area and is visually (and possibly on the object level) offset in a way that prevents me from being able to return the item anywhere low enough in the display to be aligned with the inventory area. So I cannot combine inventory items. I'm stuck where I need to combine items to repair a shovel.

Go to: