bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Fallen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 2, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fallen: The Flowers of Evil ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fallen: The Flowers of Evil page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 1:32:35 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for allen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 2, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Reviews for allen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 2, 13 12:51 AM
Based on expert mode. This is one gorgeous game. The voice actors did a superb job and the story reeled me in from the beginning. This is the same dev that made "Secret of the Seas: Flying Dutchman CE and Ghostown: The Cats of Ulthar. Both which I totally loved. Also you can do a puzzle instead of the hidden object scene. Didn't notice it until I had 2 items on my list to find lol. It's a brick puzzle which looks cool and trying it now.

Story: Poor Elisabeth told us that she saw a "thing" in the window with red glowing eyes and the next thing she knew she was collapsed on the floor. Her father found her and then called for us and told us he lost his wife, and he doesn't want to lose his daughter. And something tells me the flower she is holding might have a play in things.

Graphics: Gorgeous. I love to stop and just look before continuing with the game.

Music: Beautifully done. Fits perfectly with the game.

Mini games: Challenging but not hair pulling. I like very much

Hints: Don't know. I rarely use them. Only if I am totally lost or totally stuck on where an object is. But I will stare at the screen first though lol.

Kudos to this team on a game well done. To me it's definitely a 10/10 game. I truly love it!

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 1:40:18 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fallen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 13 1:45 AM
Morning, all...

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is a box for widescreen. If it works for you, great.

Your Diary is at the left.

Inside the Diary you will find a MAP. You can use it to jump.

The Hint button, in form of an hourglass, is at the right. When used outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes), it stays filled.
When used inside the HOS, it takes about 50 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

The HOS are not interactive. If you get bored looking for objects, you can instead play a "Puzzle", which really is one of those "Paddle" games.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes about 45 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

The graphics, especially in the HOS, remind me of the early ERS games.

The puzzles and HOS both appear equally frequent.

I really liked what I have played so far, and will be purchasing this game.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 2, 13 2:21 AM
Yes, this is a lovely game and since I have quite a few free games coming to me I'll open the e-mail and use one.

Have a great, great New Year everyone!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 2, 13 2:51 AM
This offering is from the team of developers that did the "Cats of Ulthar(sp?)" and that "Flying Dutchman" game, so I wasn't expecting much since I thought those two were quite sub-par. But there are some good things about it:

-It's a vampire story, and, although there are a great number of those, this one is well told.

-There is a map which lets you jump to the location of your choice.

-You can play a "Breakout" style game within the HOS----haven't seen that before.

And there are some drawbacks:

-The widescreen button doesn't work.

-The voice-overs are so bad that they are grating to listen to----thank goodness you can skip them after reading the text.

-The graphics are not particularly sharp, given what we have become accustomed to----looks like an older game.

-The music is on again, off again----and when it starts up after being off for a while, it seems jarring and out of place.

So, the story is good enough to warrant using a pcc possibly later in the month----because I would like to see what happens. Maybe 3 stars out of 5.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 2, 13 3:05 AM
I actually loved this game, it reminds me of the classic HOPA games when they first became popular. Granted the graphics and sounds are a bit dated but that is th charm behind this game. The story line is gothic fiction that does deal with vampires which we really havent seen for a while. Who doen't love a vampire tale and Lord and Lady Heartess? How can you pass up on characters with names like this?. I also loved the fact that you can switch from playing HO scenes to a minigame that is the old paddle game we use to play. They do look easy at first but get much more challenging as you progress. Gameplay is your standard HOPA and you get a journal and a map that does allow you to jump. I found that the game play is challenging as there is alot to do and alot of locations to visit. I think for a SE game, it has alot to offer and does bring back fond memories of a style that first got me hooked on HOPAs. It looks like a classic, feels like a classic and actually is fun to play.

I hope everyone had a great New Year's eve and as we now ener 2013, I wish everyone at BFG, all game developers and every fishie in the pond, a great year of fun and games and alot of joy and happiness. Cheers!

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Jan 2, 13 3:32 AM
Nope, didn't do it for me at all. Found it very repetitive going back to the same areas to do the same search in the HOGS - this just says to me that the dev's are resting on what laurels they have and haven't really tried. I found the HOGS very simple and the puzzles very simple - maybe I'm getting a bit jaded and looking for something else.....

Nevermind, if we all felt the same it would be a boring world. If you are enjoying this then good on you and everyone, have a happy new year and hope that 2013 is better than 2012

[Post New]by ozzielozza on Jan 2, 13 3:57 AM
My comments only - loved the graphics, loved the navigation. Hint system very friendly - a buy for me. I'll leave the reviews to the professionals.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 2, 13 6:29 AM
Review after playing most of demo:

I am enjoying the game thus far. The graphics are fine although a bit muted in color. The items in the H0 scenes are in alphabetical order which I do like. The hint works well both in and out of the H0 scenes. I've done quite a bit of rambling around the game so far and have found many places where I will need something...when I find it. Lots of H0 scenes. The puzzles have been "doable" for me - which is good 'cause I am not a good puzzle solver for a lot of puzzle types. Voices/sounds - I don't know because I didn't use the speakers but will when I play a bit more of the demo. The dialog can be clicked through if you read faster than the speakers speak. I would like it if the map showed if I needed to do something further rather than just a screen shot of the particular location...at least we can "transport" though. I am not sure where the story is going but I would like to find out.

I saw no walk-through to gauge the game length...I normally load the walk-through then scroll down to where I stopped in the demo and look at the scroll button. Depending on how far down it is, that let's me know about how long the game will be. Going by number of chapters and chapter length isn't always helpful for me as some games have many chapters...or few, and some chapters are long...or short.

Overall, the game does seem like it would be fun to play.

I most likely will get this game - if it isn't too very short. I have come to value my coupons and have become more discretionary with buying games.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 2, 13 7:53 AM
What with the "secret" sale price (swim around the pond and you'll find it) I couldn't resist. Plays like an older game but then the games from this dev tend to. It is well done and held my attention in the demo. Widescreen works for me. The option to switch mini games is always fun. It's a buy for me. I'm off to play.

Edited to buy a vowel

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 11:02:55 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jan 2, 13 10:29 AM
Great midweek SE! Beautiful graphics, interesting story. True nothing new about it so far - but as Nilosh said - "Lord and Lady Heartless" - how can you not love that? Game runs very well and I really like the music - that's something you don't always notice

Always nice to play a well made game and it's also always interesting (for me anyway) to see what twist any given dev will give to a "typical" tale of mysterious monsters!

The interactive map and option to play a game vs. doing an H0 scene will no doubt appeal to lots of fishies!! Toss in a secret sale (worst kept secret ever? ) and you really should give this one a look see - just bring garlic!

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jan 2, 13 12:34 PM
There is one very nice feature in this game, and that is the puzzle game you can play instead of the hidden object scenes. Previous games gave us the option of Mah jongg, and it is nice to see developers taking this a step further for people who don't care much for too many HOs.

Unfortunately, for me, this was the best part of the game. Graphics seem very old style, not at all crisp and clear like the two "E"s. One of my pet peeves is the obnoxious noises some games include when you find an object. This one of quite annoying, and I had to turn the sound off. It wasn't a bad thing though, because I didn't care much for the music, and the voiceovers were not at all well done. I'm not sure what accent they were going for, but it sounded a mess, and totally overdone.

The story isn't bad, and I am a little curious to see where it goes, but I'm not going to spend a PCC just yet. Maybe as a DD. To those who do like this one, enjoy, and Happy New Year to all.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 2, 13 1:59 PM

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 3:17:26 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 2, 13 2:07 PM
Wow what a great SE from TABAtha games. Not the standard SE for BF. This game is like a mini CE. The graphics are good. There is voice but the voices are dubbed with no mouth movements by the characters. However, generally you do not get voice with these games and you have to read the dialogue. Can it be? I am starting to like the recent SE games better than the rash of odd ball CE's we have had in the last two weeks. Will use a coupon to purchase. A nicer start to the year than the game we received on New Years Day. The puzzles are decent. It seems to be an older style game, but still well done.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 2, 13 2:26 PM
Game moved slow and didn't keep my interest. Graphics were good and hints reloaded fast. It just seemed to go round and round and had me going in circles. It did have a map which was good and puzzles had a skip. You ask "What else could you want"? Well guess I am spoiled playing so many games from ERS and Elephant.

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 2:26:57 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 2, 13 3:15 PM
Yes, Vampires again...same story, different day (and year)! I ususally down grade a game because of the lack of story imagination, but this isn't bad. Nice graphics and game play. Music okay (I always turn it down and have it for a little background noise). Nice hint system and fairly quick recovery.

HOGs simple (a bit crowded) and items easy to find items. Games simple and nothing new here either. As always, I loved the jump map and the voice overs (always a plus for me). I also liked the fact that you could click through the voice overs (I seem to read faster than they talk). A lot of running back and forth in this game too.

Didn't care for the annoying "clicking" noise when you looked for somthing and the really annoying "squeak" when you clicked on a HOG item. Am I glad I can turn off the volume!

Not all that challenging, but something about it makes me want to purchase it. I actually enjoyed this game. Very nice SE for a change.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews and Happy New Year fellow pond buddies.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 2, 13 4:57 PM
Good game to get with top secret pricing - check the ccc! Wondering about length though.....

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Jan 2, 13 7:56 PM
Got game for $4.99 + tax with email member code... Nice game... reminds me of ERS game setup... I like it... have gotten a lot worse for free or discount... nice graphics and flow... Not bad... Nice to see a decent SE out thats even worth doing the demo no less buying... I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars...

Hint works well... shows you where to go, not just nothing to do here and nothing here... map is a jump to map... nice, but doesnt lead you to where there is an interactive area... but still good game all in all...

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jan 3, 13 3:18 AM
Just wanted to agree with sunnyglow an absolutely brilliant SE. It seems quite long too
I am loving it, but have to drag myself away to do a bit of the usual chores.

Can't wait to get back to it!!!

Linda

Go to: