Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Stuck in the Lord's manor and the knight's shield

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 2, 13 2:48 PM
So I have a drill and managed to drill off three of the rivets on the knights shield in the dining room... then my drill dissappered from my screen and my inventory and I still have one more rivet to get out. When I hit the hint button in every room it tells me I have nothing else to do. Anyone else have this dilemma? Help please!

Re:Stuck in the Lord's manor and the knight's shield

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 2, 13 3:29 PM
Don't have that problem but have been stuck ever since. After getting the shield off, I did get the next to the last piece of the portrait puzzle...but nothing since. Every room tells me there is nothing to do there. I have spent an hour and half, even rebooted, and same thing. Still need a mask for the headboard, need to get rid of the spiders (keep seeing flies, but can't figure out how to get them), need something for the statuette on the table by the soapy water filled bowl, but have been everywhere, clicked and checked everything and I am just plain ole stuck. Can't figure out what that chest needs, can't find the last piece of the portrait puzzle, can't figure out how to gain access to the barred room...and I only have a hammer, a crowbar, and a key. Nothing works on that iron maiden lock either. I was enjoying this game up until this point. So help would be appreciated!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 2, 13 3:43 PM
Well, I tried again and I still don't have the drill to get the last rivet off. Anyway, the handcuffs go on the statue on the table in the bedroom (you find them downstairs - you need a triange key to get it).. I got the third mask but don't remember where, I still have to get rid of the spiders....the chest by the knights needs 2 vampire bat keys to unclock.. had no problem with that....I opened the iron maiden but also don't remember how. I was really enjoying this game as well until now... that hint button tells me I have nothing to do in every room. Good Luck!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 2, 13 3:55 PM
I had already found the triangle shape, but still need the diamond shape to get the handcuffs. But still haven't seen the third mask, the bats, or the last piece for the portrait puzzle. I have been over and over everything and everywhere, and I am tearing my hair out trying to figure this out. Up until this point in the game, the hint system worked well...but now it just keeps saying there is nothing to do here.

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 4:14:08 PM PST

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jan 3, 13 6:42 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, WRD and Penguin. I got the 4th rivet, removed the shield but can't get out of the castle. I need the last mask and circle puzzle piece and have spiders. I found 1 shackle key and used it. Even the map is no help. I came here looking for a walk-thru.

Kazzie_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kazzie_UK on Jan 3, 13 8:51 AM
Stuck in the same place too... anyone have any answers?

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Jan 3, 13 9:59 AM
My situation was the same as WolfenRaindancer. I started the game again. When I got the drill bit this time I went to the room with the rusted lock. Use the drill and it will open and on a shelf you will find several useful items. A hog scene will be triggered where the two skeletons are. The drill should stay in your inventory and then use it to remove the rivets on the shield.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jan 3, 13 10:12 AM
Great. Just great. Now I have to start this whole mess over again. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for this thing. Though the waste of a Game Club Credit is almost as annoying.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 13 12:40 PM
MrsBruce32 wrote:My situation was the same as WolfenRaindancer. I started the game again. When I got the drill bit this time I went to the room with the rusted lock. Use the drill and it will open and on a shelf you will find several useful items. A hog scene will be triggered where the two skeletons are. The drill should stay in your inventory and then use it to remove the rivets on the shield.

If you have to do things in a certain order, or else the game won't play, then that is a buggy glitch in my opinion. I did the shield first...not in the mood, at this moment, to rerun the game again

lilliemae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lilliemae on Jan 3, 13 4:29 PM
Friends, Have any of you checked behind the chest in the dining room? There is a cracked wall. Use your wedge and hammer to chizel out , shoot forgot what it was, anyway I was off and running, got all rivits out, handcuffs to statue and mask to bed. Try maybe will help. Lilliemae

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jan 3, 13 4:59 PM
Add me to the list of frustrated players. Now that I know that maybe I should have used the drill on the lock before the shield, definitely a "glitch" as far as I'm concerned: heck, the matches have stayed with me from the beginning, available when needed. But now I'm stuck and it appears there is no way around it. Sometimes I don't mind starting over, but this is not one of them. Very disappointed.

Edited on 01/03/2013 at 4:59:49 PM PST

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jan 3, 13 6:13 PM
Count me in too. I'm stuck in the same place as all of you. I couldn't get the last rivet either nor the last portrait puzzle piece.

Sorry Wolfen, but I can't remember where I got the diamond or the 3rd mask. CRS big time.

I've got: matches, hammer, key, crowbar and rope ladder but have no idea where to use any of them. I'm getting the "there's nothing to do here" message everywhere also. It's like the hint system just up and decided it had done enough work.

I really don't want to start over ... at least not for a while. If anyone figures this out ... I'll keep checking here. Good luck to you all.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jan 4, 13 4:31 PM
Hallelujah, I did it! I hated starting over but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and played with another name. I was pretty easy since I'd already been there, done that.
When I got the drill, I went straight to the iron maiden, did everything else I could, before going to the shield, just in case. All 4 rivets came out, the drill disappeared and I proceeded to finish the game. No more glitches found.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 4, 13 4:51 PM
Count me in as one who is stuck in the mansion. I have the matches, hammer, key, crowbar. I have already used the drill on the shield, so it is no longer in my inventory to use on the lock. This is a glitch, and I am not about to start over from the beginning of the game.

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jan 5, 13 10:20 AM
You must begin agin all the game. When you will get the drill; begin with the shield and after that go to the torture's cave and drill the lock on the statue.

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Jan 5, 13 4:04 PM
Hi--I have the drill bit, but no drill--can someone tell me where it is? Thank you.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jan 5, 13 4:31 PM
Hi MaryAnn3935,
The drill is located (same place you are at), go upstairs and through the right door next to grandfather clock. It is located in the closet, but you need a crown like object to open it.

sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sandthda on Jan 6, 13 11:02 AM
Are you kidding me??? Now I have to start over again??? ARRRRGGGGHHHH - why is BFG not doing something about this serious glitch?? I actually did the lock on the iron maiden and was fine but for some reason I only did 3 rivets and my drill disappeared so shield still on. I was really liking this game too - nice and long and have to figure stuff out - usually you don't get the length or the variety that this game has offered in a game that's not a CE. Fine - I'll try it again but what a huge waste!!

sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sandthda on Jan 6, 13 1:19 PM
Ok did it again - and as another poster mentioned, it went much faster - you absolutely have to use the drill on the iron maiden lock first in the basement and then use it on the rivets - will only drill 4 times so don't do same rivet twice by mistake or you'll be left with 1 extra and no drill (which is what happened to me the first time). Rest of game continued nicely without any glitches - great game other than that bug!!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Jan 28, 13 8:35 AM
SANDTH. Thank you so much. I was stuck in the loop after using the drill on the suit of armour FIRST! This time I used it on the Iron Maiden first and everything was fine.

This is surely still a glitch. Knowing that you would need the drill twice, it shouldn't have disappeared after the armour in my/our first attempt.

Thank you again,

Gerry.

Go to: