Has anyone finished this game?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 2, 13 4:17 PM
I am stuck in the manor, and can't see a way to keep going, so I am curious if anyone has managed to complete the game?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Has anyone finished this game?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 2, 13 5:48 PM
Hi WolfenRaindacer,
I have finished the game.
I read your other post about this, but couldn't think of any immediate suggestions for you.
Some questions:
Have you used the handcuffs yet?
Have you cut open the sleeve of the dead guy?
Have you removed the part of the wall near the LH Guard?
Have you removed the planks from the window?
I'll try and think of something else.
Cheers

[Post New]by adela63 on Jan 3, 13 5:37 AM
ho too am stuck in manor, need a diamond key for handcuffs, need bats for chest, need to get rid of spiders, need last puzzle piece and mask also need to get rid of bars on windows. I have matches, a crowbar, a key and a hammer in my inventory, Can anyone help please.

Kazzie_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kazzie_UK on Jan 3, 13 8:56 AM
DragonLady... can you remember where you got the diamond shape?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 13 9:05 AM
adela63 wrote:ho too am stuck in manor, need a diamond key for handcuffs, need bats for chest, need to get rid of spiders, need last puzzle piece and mask also need to get rid of bars on windows. I have matches, a crowbar, a key and a hammer in my inventory, Can anyone help please.

This is exactly where I am at, too DOL, I have cut the sleeve, done the hole in the wall behind the chest, got a piece of the portrait puzzle from the shield, and removed the boards. I can't find the third mask, the diamond shape, the last puzzle piece, the bats can't break the lock on the iron maiden, or do anything about the spiders, or the bars on the window and the door...every room says there is nothing to be done here, and the hot spots all just have the arrow pointing me out of the scenes. I even uninstalled and reinstalled only to have the same problems..

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Jan 3, 13 10:05 AM
WolfenRaindancer I was stuck exactly like you. I started the game again. It makes a difference when and where the drill bit is used. The second time around I used it on the rusted lock first and then on the shield. I was able to advance, get out of the manor and finish the game. Seems like the drill bit has a programming glitch if you use it on the shield first.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 3, 13 12:39 PM
Hi Fishies,

It does look like this problem with the manor is an issue with the game itself.

Thanks to MrsBruce32 for posting that workaround! While the team here works on getting everything resolved with the issue, I hope that will help the other players that are getting stuck here.

And if you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team about this problem. The more information we have about the issue and how widespread it is, the better! We go over how to contact them with that information in our post here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 3, 13 1:43 PM
Hi there,
I was trying to remember how I opened the iron maiden as the item there was the next step in the game for me.
I knew it was something simple - thanks MrsBruce for reminding me about the drill. I also have a feeling that I used it on the lock before the rivets.
I know this doesn't help much. Still trying to "remember" what else I did. The missing piece of the "painting lock" held by the figure near the soapy water was the fourth piece for me.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 3, 13 3:51 PM
i finished the game with no problems at all. great game.hope you all get the bugs worked out

Tavo1943
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Tavo1943 on Jan 4, 13 2:17 PM
i am looking for the chain to turn off the lamp in
the study where is it

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 4, 13 4:18 PM
I have finished the game by using a diffferent profile then everything falls in place.

[Post New]by skychacer on Jan 8, 13 5:01 PM
yes i finished the game after three tries i don't know how but i know it was simpler than the one i'm playing now just remember use the drill by the dead guy upstairs first get the iron maiden last and rember when you put handcuffs on the statue pick up the puzzle piece

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jan 8, 13 5:17 PM
I've finished the game 2 times already. Great game. I might play it again.
First time was a little hard, second time was a breeze. I used the drill on the iron maiden first (both times) before I used it on the shield. Had no problems with the game.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 8, 13 6:56 PM
I am really enjoying this game, feel as though I have been playing for hours and still not done! I must admit that I am playing on the *easy* mode and I did skip that nasty puzzle on door 13 (spent almost an hour on it) but I think this game (SE) is actually better that Headless (CE)! In fact, if there was a walkthrough it would be practically perfect (hint hint). BFG, are you listening?

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jan 19, 13 3:00 PM
I was able to finish the game. The turn around part for me was finding the drill bit, in order to drill the lock on the chained sarcophagus on the left hand side of the dungeon, if you will. That is where you'll find the mask. Also drilling the rivets on the shield is where you'll find the rope ladder that gets you out of the window of the room you were trapped inside and gets you out of the manor, once again. I always finish a game I buy, but I did not enjoy this game. One HOS scene, all I did was put my curser in the middle of the scene and click. Everything was checked off the list and I was sort of thinking "what is the point in that?" I probably have over 100 games in my history, and this is the first one that I really disliked. It just was not up to par with what I'm use to playing. Sorry, but this one was not even worth a "free game" purchase.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jan 23, 13 6:23 AM
I have finished the game on hard mode. When I was stuck, I just had to carefully check every scene until I found something I missed. There also is a walkthrough on the internet- just google walkthrough for the game.
The shackles go on the figure by the soapy water (in the bedroom where you woke up). The chain is a fragment on the ship where you opened the lock to the hold ( I think you used acid).

[Post New]by HOTTENTOTVENUS on Jan 28, 13 8:09 AM
I am stuck in the manor also. I was only able to use the drill bit on the shield 3 times and I needed to use it four times. The drill bit DISAPPEARED after the 3rd time. I am stuck in the manor. Cannot advance. Hints keep telling me 'nothing more to do here'!! HELP!

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 8:10:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Muzzlefish on Feb 1, 13 12:20 PM
I have finished the game - thought it was GREAT! Stuck in the Manor? Best way to get out is to use the hint button to find out where you are supposed to be. (Multiple hits on hint will direct you, and immediately refill.) I did have to use it a lot in this game, because you DO have to run all over the place and you don't immediately use tools you find.

Edited on 02/01/2013 at 12:21:30 PM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 14, 13 3:37 PM
since I used the drill on the shield I can't advance either , don't think I'll start over as its too hard.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 15, 13 3:48 PM
I decided to start over thanks to dragonlady oz. I did the iron maiden first then the shield. I enjoyed the game, glad there was a map as a lot of back tracking.

Go to: