bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 3, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

Re:Welcome to Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 3, 13 10:48 PM
I just want to make an observation. On television we get "phases", like a spate of reality shows, crime dramas, sit-coms, etc. The point being they all start looking alike and we know they just copy other producers success with copy-cat programming until someone truly creative comes along and gives us something we've never seen before.

Well, I'm beginning to become really tired of angry witches. Just how many games are left involving angry witches before developers get creative again and try something new?

When Dire Grove broke on the scene, it was so fresh and inventive I remember feeling stunned by the creative minds behind that game. The same with the Drawn series, and a few others.

But too quickly what was once refreshing and new becomes dated and trite with over use.

This game reflects that tendency to do the same thing that everybody else has done, and that's to bring out the angry witch. Again. One too many times for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 1:15 AM
Hi shripch,

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback like this.

Just to let you know, feedback for the game developer is drawn from the official Review Thread, so feel free to respost you thoughts there and that way you can be sure that you message will reach the game developer!

Hope this helps and that you find another game that has a theme that interests you more soon.

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/04/2013 at 9:59:58 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 5, 13 3:05 AM
I agree with what Shripch has said. Not just about the "angry female" - whatever disguise she is in, but for the many repetitions I have seen in games lately.

Will there ever be another HOG in which I don't see a zipper missing? Every HOG has one of those now included.

ETA: And what do you know? There are TWO missing zippers in this game. One in the main game, and one in the bonus game. All I can say is: Beware!! Never buy clothes or a bag or even a tent that uses a zipper. Uh uh... you will regret it. I promise you.

When will I be able to leave the church/graveyard/crypts/boiler rooms behind for good? I am tired of those (mostly) dreary-looking places, and they are included in most HOGs.

Please spare me the never-ending find&use of a music sheet for a piano/church organ or a record for the record player for that matter. Again, I come across those in most HOGs.

On the other hand, there are devs like Boomzap, who usually take us to different parts of the universe, without the need of the above (although I can't swear that none of their games include at least one of those). LOL

There... I said it.

Edited on 01/05/2013 at 10:19:45 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 5, 13 10:25 AM
we rate this game a 5 out of 5 stars, it is a long and lasting game. it is well worth the money.-----------doug & lisa--------------

[Post New]by Whytetigersoul on Mar 1, 13 8:39 PM
The games has serious graphic issues when I try to play it. Most of the text does not show up and it glitches every 10-20 seconds. I am running OS X Mountain Lion.

[Post New]by tededted on Sep 18, 13 9:29 PM
for three weeks I have been unable to install games I have purchased. I have tried everything BFG have suggested including removal off download. I have spoken to my norten security they have told me it is an issue for BFG. can anyone help me.

Go to: