bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 3, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 3, 13 12:47 AM
Another extremely slow download. 45 minutes, 18%.
And no, it's not my PC or connection, guaranteed. They are always faster if I leave it for an hour, until the rush dies down, but I'm still waiting over an hour. Get some bandwidth BF.
(This will probably be deleted because it doesn't mention the game specifically.)

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 3, 13 1:02 AM
Heya nomatt,

It sure can be annoying when some games take longer to download than others, especially when you are excited to try them out!

Just to make sure that nothing, like for example Windows Updates, is interfering with your download you can try the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 3, 13 1:06 AM
Mine only took 4 minutes to download and install the full version.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 3, 13 1:15 AM
I d/led the demo at 12:05 am BFG time and it only took about 3 minutes.

BK

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 3, 13 1:24 AM
Very slooooooooooooooooooooow DL.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 3, 13 1:25 AM
My downloads over the past few days have been fine but yet again I have the same issue as Nomatt. 09.15am in the UK, d/l started off fast, got to 56% in 2 minutes and has now slowed to such a ridiculous speed it will take 2 hours to d/l the rest.

And I've already proved it's not my ISP or my PC that's the problem.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 3, 13 1:36 AM
I keep saying it is not my PC or connection but it falls on deaf ears. I build PCs, I understand the issues and my youngest son is still at home and is an IT technician, It is NOT my PC.
Download currently at 68% after over one and a half hours.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 3, 13 1:53 AM
I contacted CS and was told to uninstall the Game Manager, then clear all recent history from my browser and re-install the GM. I have just done this and restarted the download of the demo. At first I thought it had cured the problem as it got to 78% in about 3 minutes. But it has slowed down again to a speed even dial-up would be ashamed of and is now still only at 81%.

I've also noticed that the d/l keeps dropping to 0kbps, so clearly something isn't right somewhere. Looks like it's back to CS and see what they can come up with.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 3, 13 1:55 AM
Heya again nomatt,

I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I'm really sorry to hear about the problems.

As you suspect that the problem is not connected to your computer or your internet connection, I would definitely recommend that you contact our Tech Support Team and let them know about this so they can investigate this further.

dobbiemijnboekje - If you haven't done so yet, the steps that you can find here might help you to speed up that download so you can enjoy the game!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/03/2013 at 1:55:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Saqqara21 on Jan 3, 13 4:58 AM
Hi,

I have just downloaded the game and when I open it there seems to be something not quite right about the resolution.

I am unsure how to explain it and the Print Screen function on my keyboard does not seem to work, but let's say I have the menu up at the start of the game - this part of the page seems to be narrower than usual and there are other game graphics showing on either side. It's all sort of skinny, and if I click on Play, it still comes up in this same way.

Do I need to change the resolution settings for this game? I don't generally need to for other BF games.

Thanks,
Deb

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 3, 13 6:31 AM
My download took 3/4 hours for the demo and I did get a message at the beginning that said something about server argument script 2 goodness knows what that is. Anyway after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting I was finally ready to launch the game but only half of it is on my screen, I don't have a menu showing and half the hidden objects aren't anyway to be seen either so although the game might be extremely good, I can't play it.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 3, 13 8:38 AM
No problems with exceptionally slow download (this time..thank goodness, but it did take a while as with my ISP and some other games).

I did have a problem in a H0 scene with not being able to pick up an item listed. After trying several times I thought maybe I was wrong so asked for a hint - which showed me exactly what I was trying to pick up. I exited the scene, reentered and tried again with no luck. I finally exited the game completely, restarted it and tried again...still couldn't pick it up so just kept clicking over and over until I finally got it.

[Post New]by barbalg on Jan 3, 13 2:07 PM
I downloaded the trial version without any problems, but after purchasing and downloading the full version, I have had nothing but problems. Everytime I select PLAY from my list, and before the game even comes up, the screen shows the log off screen for BFG as if I had selected EXIT from the game, and BFG closes. I uninstalled the game and am currently reinstalling it, but it is taking forever, much longer than before.

And for some reason, even though I have only this game that needs installing, another game, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," which I had installed around Nov/Dec, keeps popping up to be activated.

[Post New]by tktgoddess on Jan 3, 13 4:00 PM
OK, I don't know if this is a technical issue or a user issue , but after I fixed the rake with the black tape, the tape did not go back into my inventory and now I need it to fix the firetruck. Anyone else have this problem? I broke down and surfed the strat guide but didn't see where I should have picked up a 2nd roll of tape so wondering if random glitch in game.

Edited on 01/03/2013 at 4:21:37 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 3, 13 4:28 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing problems with the game not opening or closing down, it may help to check if your software programs and drivers are completely up to date. You can find information about doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Deb , it may be necessary to try resizing your screen resolution in order to play the game. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Screen Resolution

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can work with you on finding a solution.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Misstep on Jan 3, 13 8:48 PM
Hi, I downloaded the game without any problems but when I open it up the opening video sequence is blank and words are missing. Graphics seem to be playing up. I'm on a mac and don't usually have problems with downloads.

Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 1:22 AM
Hi Misstep,

Welcome the the Pond!

How disappointing you have had this trouble- we definitely want to help you play this game!

Have you looked at our Mac specific help page here?

If you have already tried the suggestions offered, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Game needs fixing by developer

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jan 4, 13 7:38 AM
I've played the full game and there are some problems in the bonus game with the map. It worked out fine in the main game when you finished a task it disappeared from the list on the map, but on the bonus game it did not and in one instance instead of the task being listed in English, it was giberish.

It looks like they may have released it too early without fixing all of the issues in the bonus game or spent most of the time on the main game.

While this fine for a standard edition, since we are paying extra money to include the bonus, it should work correctly!

rosir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rosir on Jan 4, 13 9:38 AM
Wanted to thank this game creator for working on the tech problems that some of us with a particular video card experience. I believe it is unique to Mac users only. Although there are still some blank dialogue boxes and flickering animated scenes, the game is playable and perhaps more challenging which is fine with me. I have hated skipping Elephant games and have continued to try the free trial. Just wanted to post my appreciation for this latest.

Rosi

Go to: