Small Screen Area

[Post New]by Gingerfire on Feb 18, 09 3:57 PM
All the games I have played up to this point have filled my monitor. This one just is in the center. Is it supposed to be a small screen? I enjoyed playing and would buy it, but I am afraid the game will remain small instead of full screen.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Small Screen Area

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 19, 09 5:46 AM
Hi gingerfire

I dont know because I have opposite problem.

I am having a problem that with a 22 inch monitor everything is too big and not really a quality display - unless the graphics are not really a good quality anyway? I have bought 20 games in last 2 months and this one is really bad on graphics quality in my books. If I am being unfair then thats ok but please tell me how to fix it?

debbiela
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by debbiela on Feb 19, 09 5:22 PM
I am also having the same problem with Cate West: and I have over 40 games and a 24in. screen.Please does anybody out there know why I am having "Small Screen Area" and I did buy the full version it was not like that on the trial version for me.

Edited on 02/19/2009 at 5:24:59 PM PST

debbiela
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by debbiela on Feb 19, 09 5:25 PM
debbiela wrote:I am also having the same problem with Cate West: and I have over 40 games and a 24in. screen.Please does anybody out there know why I am having "Small Screen Area" and I did buy the full version it was not like that on the trial version for me.

[Post New]by Gingerfire on Feb 19, 09 7:14 PM
Govegril, I had the same problem with all the words being too large, I had to call AOL and they had me go into the "innards" and change the font sizes. Thanks for responding! Guess some others are having my problem:-( I thought I would check before I bought the game. Too bad, it was fun playing the "trial version!"

Edited on 02/19/2009 at 7:17:26 PM PST

zombiekop1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by zombiekop1 on Feb 21, 09 9:19 AM
Mine worked fine for a while then it went to small screen and stayed that way. I am now unable to play it. It's just too small. I did not change my fonts or do anything to my computer. I hope they find a fix for this. Good game I would love to continue to play

Denise

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 21, 09 9:40 AM
Thanks also for your response gingerfire.

I guess this game must be a bit finicky.

I hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 21, 09 12:11 PM
Are all of you sure that somehow you didn't change the game options to play in windowed mode?

[Post New]by ladytrucker55 on Feb 26, 09 8:08 PM
Gentlsong wrote:Are all of you sure that somehow you didn't change the game options to play in windowed mode?

I didnt change anything, worked fine when I did the trial, then bought it. The first time it worked ok, now the screen is small and in the middle of the screen, when I click on full screen it gets shaky and the game is side by side double screen.

[Post New]by maryquilts2 on Feb 26, 09 8:28 PM
Hi,, I read your forums to see if anyone else is having problems with Cate West, I downloaded it but it wouldn't come up, I tried 2 times. Now I'm glad it did't. May try again later, if it gets fixed.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 28, 09 8:39 AM
If I am playing and minimise the game to read email or browse - yes it does go small screen- it does this and you have to check on full screen to restore it in options, however sayng that-
out of 50 games I have bought from BFG this is the only one that does this.

In the small 2 inch screen the graphics are better yes- they look crisper and more or todays times expectations but I do not want to play a game looking at a 2 inch square for good graphics.

The graphics in full screen mode are about what you expect from a game 5-10 years ago.

I really like the actual game and game play but the graphics have put me off progressing past the first episode- they are really that bad on my PC - and I have no complaint about any other HOG game I have bought from BFG- they all look modern and crisp.
I can only say on my PC in full screen mode the graphics in this game are terrible but every other game I have on my PC which are numerous the graphics are fine so not prepared to play around with my settings for just this one game.

[Post New]by ronniek on Jun 18, 10 6:22 AM
I have had this problem too on a couple of games but solved it by going into the advanced settings on the graphics card(mine is Nvidia) and letting nvidia decide the display size instead of my monitor.

Go to: