Has Anyone Played the Bonus Game?

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Jan 3, 13 2:24 PM
I know it's still early, but before I decide to ignore the buy-a-bundle offer and wait for the SE, I need to know if the bonus game is worth the extra cost. Is it interesting or fun, is it long or short, does it add to the story or is it separate from the main plot, would the SE game be lacking without it, does it have mini-games and are they different from the ones in the main game, or -- worst of all -- is it just a lousy bunch of HOGs? (And I apologize to all you HOG-lovers out there, but OMG I'm so sick of them.)

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Has Anyone Played the Bonus Game?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 3, 13 7:58 PM
Hi there SherlockGirls,
Even though you posted this a while ago, I thought I would add a comment or two for you regarding the Bonus Game before the bundle offer expires.
To begin with, as is usually the case with Elephant games, the end of the Main Game does conclude the main story. The Bonus Game is an added dimension to the story and has approximately the same ratio of HOS, puzzles and adventure. It is also rather long and has as much running around (or use of the map).
And as with the Main game, there were not enough of their delightful HOS for me, but too many lousy puzzles and mini-games.
No offense taken from your comment or meant by mine as we obviously enjoy different elements in our games however "Oh my god I am sick of puzzles and mini-games taking over from a good IHOG."
Couldn't resist the last statement.
As usual I recommend that you trial a game before you decide to buy it, and as is with this case, try some of the other games in the Bundle to gauge your enjoyment or otherwise.
I hope you find something really great and exciting soon to suit your gaming preference. Have you tried "The Tiny Bang Story" or some of the Amanita games (you will have to check their website for the best ones) .... they are well worth considering.
Cheers

Edited on 01/03/2013 at 10:05:02 PM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 4, 13 5:37 AM
Thanks for your info DragonLadyOz!
I'm with SherlockGirls--so so sick of hos--thus learning that the bonus has more puzzles/games than hos is good for me.
Also, I really appreciate your comments about main game ending, super helpful info for SE buyers.

Myself, I wasn't too impressed with the demo. One reviewer questioned whether this game was made by some students, which was rather my thinking too! Seems not up to the devs' usual quality anyhow?

Edited on 01/04/2013 at 5:40:50 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 4, 13 8:46 PM
I am not sick of hogs, and I like a good mixture of hos, puzzles, mini games, and storyline. I thought this bonus game was quite good, both in content and length.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 4, 13 9:00 PM
Janie42 wrote:Thanks for your info DragonLadyOz!
I'm with SherlockGirls--so so sick of hos--thus learning that the bonus has more puzzles/games than hos is good for me.
Also, I really appreciate your comments about main game ending, super helpful info for SE buyers.

Myself, I wasn't too impressed with the demo. One reviewer questioned whether this game was made by some students, which was rather my thinking too! Seems not up to the devs' usual quality anyhow?

Hi Janie42,
As our "banter" reflected gamers here have different preferences, and I see you do also.
Not sure about the "students" reference, however I also felt this one was more formulaic of their most recent games and hope they don't become another ERS gaming studio rolling out the "same formula".
Time will tell I suppose.

Hi Wolfen, nice to see your input.

Cheers all.

Go to: