[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 4, 13 3:38 AM
Any comments fishes?

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Todays DD 4 Januar 2013

[Post New]by forneymary on Jan 4, 13 10:50 AM
i liked this game so much i bought it twice. first in CE then again in SE because i hadnt fineshed it and forgot i had it. i have lots of games waiting to be played. i ended up playing it twice and i can't say that about very many games. totally worth 3 bucks.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 4, 13 11:54 AM
It doesn't have graphics that are my taste but I hardly remember this game at all but here is my review for it if it helps

prefered the first game in the series but still a nice game

I did prefer the first game in the series (the mystery of mcinroy manor) and this game feels like it should have been the first game and not the sequel as sequels are usually better. But this was a pleasant if easy game.

If plot is important to you, then this game does deliver with a nice mystery. What is good about this is, that if you want more details about the plot, read your diary, and for players that just want basic plot details and get down to playing the game, it doesn’t intrude too much. This balances it perfectly and pleases everyone. But there were some weird stuff going on in the plot which I would have preferred not to be there.

It does have the feel of an older HOPA. There were two settings I played on the harder one, and it still gave me sparkles for hidden object scenes which I don’t like.

The first game in the series, didn’t have many hidden object scenes, here there are much more and you do repeat them, but they are interactive which is nice (you pick up something or do something in a scene to get an item.)

Hint button tells you if there is something to do in the scene and if there isn’t, it won’t empty until it takes you to something you can do.

It wasn’t puzzle heavy, I’d have liked to have seen more puzzles. There was a fair amount of backtracking, but if are used to HOPAs you expect that. I am surprised that this was a CE.

Nothing special but if you pick it up as a DD it’s a pleasant, relaxing, easier, game

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jan 4, 13 1:30 PM
I think that this game is worth the $2.99 price.

Options include music, sound and voice volume control; fullscreen, widescreen and custom cursor options. When I clicked both fullscreen and widescreen, the black bars on either side of the screen disappeared.

There are voiceovers, but the mouths don't move.

There are 2 modes of play:
1. Regular mode: Hint and skip buttons recharge in approximately 1 min.
2. Expert mode: Hint and skip buttons recharge in approx. 2 mins. There were still sparkles for HOS.
You cannot change modes mid-game.

There is no map, but the hint button helps you to navigate.

There is a journal with the story and clues.

HOS : There are 25 interactive "find items on list" HOS. You revisit many of the scenes, and some of the objects that were listed the first time are again listed. However, I didn't mind that as I tend to find HO scenes tedious at times, and I can move through them more quickly if they are repeated.

Puzzles: There are 12 skippable puzzles.

When I first played this game almost a year ago, I was so impressed and listed it as A+ game. Now, I would list it as a B+/A- game. I was still interested enough to play it all the way through again, so I would recommend to at least try.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jan 5, 13 1:38 PM
I just finished the game. Enjoyed it very much. It has a coherent plot, very logical moves and clear graphics and hint system. It was a little shorter than some but I prefer short and clear to long and more confusing.
It did seem like an older HOPA. But its definitely worth the DD or a PCC.
There was a bit of going here and there but without that it would have been and even shorter game. I would have paid a credit for this one.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 8, 13 1:50 AM
I bought the game at DD price the other day and just finished it. The story intrigued me during the demo. The game seemed short for a game that was originally a CE, and did not seem to be as high quality as some other CE games are. I think that 2.99 was a fair price for it, and would not have wanted to pay much more than that. Because it is short, it pretty much turns into a hogfest in the middle to end of the game to make it seem longer. Since I do not enjoy doing lots of H0 scenes back to back, I did not enjoy this. Earlier in the game, especially during the demo, it makes it seem as if the game is more adventure than H0 scenes, since the H0 scenes are more spread out. This is deceiving. You should skip this game if you do not like doing tons of H0 scenes since there are a lot.

The story has quite a few holes in it, and requires some suspension of belief. If you can accept this as fiction, and ignore when things are factually incorrect, then you might still be able to enjoy it. The ending is rushed and does not feel complete, and that definitely took away from my enjoyment of the game. I also was able to guess whodunit quite a while before it was revealed so I didn't think the mystery was very hard to solve.

One of the things I did enjoy about the game was the puzzles. Most of them weren't that original, but despite that, I found them fun to play. It wasn't a bad game, I was able to finish it, and there are games I have given up on before if I didn't like them and/or was bored. Such was not the case here. I wouldn't say it was a boring game, but there was nothing really spectacular about it either. It was a nice enough way to pass the time, and I feel as if it was the right price. Other players might feel as if they are not getting their money's worth for $6.99, especially since the game is on the short side, and might want to use a credit on it, or wait until it is on sale for $2.99 again before they buy it.

Edited on 01/08/2013 at 1:56:57 AM PST

Go to: