Warlock Puzzle

[Post New]by lskmiller on Jan 4, 13 7:29 AM
Help! Any advice on how to get past the warrior puzzle and keep the warlock alive? I've tried everything but all 3 of my men die every time!

Re:Warlock Puzzle

[Post New]by lskmiller on Jan 4, 13 7:44 AM
I Finally beat it!

[Post New]by thudphilo on Jan 4, 13 8:20 PM
Is there any secret or tips to beating this puzzle?

sandyshome
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by sandyshome on Jan 9, 13 9:47 PM
I am totally stuck & never skip puzzles. Any suggestions on this puzzle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[Post New]by Dassahbelle on Jan 12, 13 10:23 AM
Anybody know how to beat this thing? I hate to skip puzzles but I keep killing off all my men. Somebody have a method for beating this thing?

[Post New]by grmashka on Jan 14, 13 12:18 PM
Never skip puzzles but I don't get this one??? How does it work??

[Post New]by ElizabethEarle on Jan 14, 13 6:26 PM
I also struggled with this one and I think it's mostly cause the instructions are not all that helpful - in particular, if you lose the archer/warrior and if you have 100 coins, you can buy (revive) the dead one. You can only have 1 archer, 1 warrior, 1 warlock on the board at any time. That's why the instructions say the warlock must get through, cause he's the only one that you can't replace.

Other useful info:
Yes, it does seem to go on way to long. There is a scrollbar on the bottom right side showing you how far you have gotten through and how far to go.

Archer - shoots in a straight line, 2 (maybe 3) squares or less. Doesn't shoot through walls.
Warrior - attacks right next to the monster.
Warlock - shoots at a diagonal or straight line from 2 or more away. Can shoot through walls.

The circle right below the arrows, means attack again in while in the same position.

When you are going up, I like to be mostly at the bottom of the screen, this gives me a chance to position them in the best attack position before approaching the monster.

I got through with the warlock, archer and the 3rd revived warrior.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Jan 15, 13 8:37 AM
I have been trying for days to beat this puzzle!!! I keep googling how to beat this because i don't want to skip it. So... glad i keep coming back here to see if there was further info on this puzzle and when i read elizabethearle... i was so glad.!!! So... I'm going back in! wish me luck and i will report back. P.S. I didn't realize all the stuff about the puzzle that you told us!!

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Jan 16, 13 11:17 AM
ok i tried most of the day yesterday and couldn't beat. I actually considered skipping it but just couldn't................Well, i'm happy to report i beat it!!!!! Without elizabethearle's help... i know i wouldn't have! Thank you! Whew.....

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jun 14, 13 7:06 PM

I just got it with only having to buy one more warrior. Have the warlock in back, the archer right above him, and the warrior one above the archer and one to the side. Move up one arrow at a time, when you come to an enemy maneuver so the warrior is next to it, the archer right below the enemy and the warlock 2 below the enemy. All 3 will then get a hit in and the enemy dies. There's a few spots where it gets tricky but I had more than enough money to buy another warrior when that happened. I got all three to the top easily and had well over $100 in reserve.

Go to: