bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

Re:Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper technical issues here only

[Post New]by unknitter on Jan 5, 13 8:09 PM
When I first started the trial the game seemed to be running slowly. There was little or no control of the custom cursor. Even after changing to the system cursor I barely got a response in making other adjustments in the Options. Response did improve once I started playing.

I had only been playing a short time when the game froze. This was at the screen where I woke the dogs with the horn and the dogs went into the inventory. I had to ctrl/alt/del and then got an access violation and "executable stopped working" messages. I restarted the computer and was able to open the game and continue, but a few minutes later the trial period ended, even though it still read 60 minutes when I restarted the game. I hadn't played anywhere near 60 minutes.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 6, 13 2:41 AM
Heya unknitter,

I'm sorry to hear that the your game seems to be running so slow.

As Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper offers a Demo version instead of a 60 minutes trial, it can happen that you finish this Demo before the 60 minutes for a trial run out. A Demo version is a small part of the game that always ends at a certain point

Regarding the game being slow, it sounds like your computer has some problems to process the game properly. This could be improved by making sure that all the drivers on your computer are up-to-date by following the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jan 6, 13 11:04 AM
Thanks for your advice, bfgBiwa. I updated my drivers just a couple of days ago when another new game failed to open. That did solve the problem. I'll check the help file for any other possibilities. Since I won't be able to play this SE demo again, I'll try the CE to see what happens. Thanks again. I always get good help from BFG!

[Post New]by heyjude304 on Jan 7, 13 7:44 AM
This game opened to a black screen and froze the computer. Never had a problem with this developer's game or any others for that matter. Running Windows 7 and have updated drivers. Disappointed, really wanted this game.

[Post New]by dermott7 on Jan 7, 13 11:42 AM
The camera function didn't work at all the first time, so I tried starting a new game. I managed to get a picture of the unicorn, but that was it. I never could get it to snap a picture after that. What a waste of demo time!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 8, 13 2:32 AM
Hi Fishies,

heyjude304, I understand that you never had a problem like this before and that your drivers are up to date however sometimes it's a good idea to check that all the graphic software are up to date (Adobe, Shockflash). Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

dermott7, you could try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article here will help you to do that.

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 9, 13 5:44 AM
I had the same problems with this that I had with the CE demo, which is, again sad, because I would have purchased it. The cursor separated into system and custom cursor and the custom cursor kept playing catch-up with the system cursor when I moved it. The scene in front of the palace was white screen except for the unicorn and the puppy -- I exited back to menu and went back to the game and this time I had the full picture and was able to play into the palace although barely because everything lagged pretty badly. Inside, I got into the first HOS and usually you can tell that the game will be o.k., even with problems if the HOS plays normally. Unfortunately, if anything the HOS was even slower than the earlier movement around, so at that point, I exited (very slowly) and deleted the game. Too bad.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 9, 13 10:12 AM
Hey there NancySusan,

It sounds like the game was having some performance issues! If you have any interest in trying the game again, there are a few steps to try that may help with those issues.

First, I would check for any video card driver updates as this helps the game play and display properly.

Running the game as an administrator also helps make sure the game has the needed resources to play properly.

If those steps don't help please go ahead and reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help figure out what the issue may be!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by heyjude304 on Jan 12, 13 2:39 PM
Thanks BFG Tokorp, Somehow, Adobe Flash player was missing on my computer. Also updated driver and now game plays great! Really wanted this game! Thanks again.

whcnp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by whcnp1 on Jan 14, 13 6:39 AM
There is no dialog in the boxes. when I open a spy glass area or when I run my cursor over my inventory

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 15, 13 2:53 AM
Heya whcnp1,

I'm sorry that there seem to be some issues with the display of certain elements of the game .

When display elements like the dialog our cursor don't appear properly, this is often a sign that some of the software that is needed to display the game could do with some updates. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by pendle_witch on Jan 24, 13 5:14 AM
The only problems I have are the hint button doesn't work and when I play a mini game the info and reset buttons don't work. Please can someone help with this. Thanks

Edited on 01/24/2013 at 6:05:10 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 24, 13 6:09 AM
Hi pendle_witch,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When elements of a game fail to operate correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/24/2013 at 12:04:25 PM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 26, 13 2:35 AM
This is odd i can't play the CE at all then i decided to try the SE and the SE so far works for me without any problems..I love the game such a beautiful game with awesome sounds and graphics..

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 29, 13 1:55 PM
Hi lovely62,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the SE so far!

It could be that the bonus content that was part of the Collector's Edition was causing the problems with that version. That game file is a lot bigger than the one for the SE, which means it takes up more space on your computer and needs more resources to launch and run properly.

Our Tech Support Team is always happy to take a look and see if something like freeing up space on your hard drive, or making any other adjustments might help with those larger CE games.

Happy gaming!

bfgMonongahela

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 29, 13 2:00 PM
I guess i spoke to soon now the SE does not work, after i bought the game i guess i will wait for a fix,I don't understand this at all I had the same problem with the CE ..
I know it is not my computer..

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 29, 13 3:21 PM
I can't believe the game is working again after i installed it, I had to come back and let everyone know..This game is awesome and i am glad it is working for me..
Thx BF

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 30, 13 2:17 AM
Great to hear lovely62!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by bunniehunnie on Nov 23, 13 2:42 AM
hey i don't know if this happen to anyone, but i can't seems to see any of the trailer of the game how the people talking or words in the box. other than that the game is fine. i did already reinstalled the game

Go to: