bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 6, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 01/15/2013 at 1:56:35 PM PST

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 6, 13 1:13 AM
There is something wrong with the SG. It will not go past Chapter 1.
I have been playing trial for 1/2 hour and reached Ch.2. Checked the SG and it would not go gorward. It stopped at end of the first chapter.
It isnot a difficult game and one can do without the SG but if it is offered as an Collector's Edition, the SG should go forward and not freeze.
Any thoughts?

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 6, 13 1:23 AM
Hi! It's Tizza again - I picked up a page on the bridge in Chapter 1. It is missing from inventory in Chapter 2.
I will uninstall and go through the whole new profile etc., but I am unhappy this is happening, esp. as I wanted to take advantage of the sale.
Hope it's only me and none of you have glitches.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 6, 13 1:28 AM
The page you pick up by the bridge goes into your diary, not your inventory.

I too couldn't get passed chapter 1 in the demo's SG, but perhaps that is intentionally?

Either way, when I just bought the game, I was able to see all chapters in the SG.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jan 6, 13 1:37 AM
I guess the SG opens completely after you purchased the game.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 6, 13 1:42 AM
I believe it does. Because not to far after that the demo ended for the beta testing.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 6, 13 1:47 AM

I played the whole demo.

The technical issue I had was with the first slider puzzle which had sliding sound effects but would not actually slide. I had to skip.

Other than that, the demo had no technical problems for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 6, 13 1:57 AM
I had no problems with the slider puzzle. Worked fine for me.

And as I said, after you buy the game, all the chapters are available.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jan 6, 13 2:00 AM
Thank you all!
I'm off to to purchase and hope to get all of the SG.
T.

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Jan 6, 13 2:18 AM
Black Screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still black screen with no sound. Running windows xp. I also deleted game entirely from computer. Anyone else having this same issue?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 6, 13 2:24 AM
Heya Fishies,

It's good to see that the mystery regarding the strategy guide has been cleared already!

jkuci - if you experience further problems with other puzzles in the game, it could be that some of the drivers on your computer could do with a few updates. You can easily do that with the steps you can find here.

ginny46 - It sounds like the black screen could also be caused by your drivers needing a bit of an update. If you are trying to play on an older computer, it's also a good idea to check the minimum requirements for the game that you can find at the bottom of the game's page. If you are meeting the requirements, you could also try the driver updated here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 2:29:09 AM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 6, 13 5:11 AM
I got the "Trial Expired" nonsense despite I have not previously trialed this game. Anyone know the workaround for this error?
Thanks!

ETA- uninstalled & reinstalled & it's ok now... weird.

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 5:15:53 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 6, 13 6:02 AM
Heya Janie42,

Great to see that uninstalling and reinstalling solved the problem!

Sometimes the Game Manager can get a bit confused. By reinstalling the game you'll make it wake up and recognize that you actually never bplayed the trial before .

Happy Gaming!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 6, 13 7:31 AM
I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!

Is this yet another game I'm going to be unable to finish. I refuse to restart the game like I've been told to with other games, It's soul destroying! The rest of the game has been OK except for some long black screen pauses between chapters.

Edited on 01/06/2013 at 7:36:27 AM PST

[Post New]by TheHerb on Jan 6, 13 8:54 AM
I'm having a problem in chapter 2 getting the sulfuric acid. Have put the sulpher and niter into the retort but it appears that some sort of liquid is also needed although the SG makes no mention of this.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jan 6, 13 9:42 AM
i,m i the only one who can not play because there is no cursior?

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

I bought the game

[Post New]by caput on Jan 6, 13 10:02 AM
but, when I try to install it, a window comes up asking for my email address and password. I enter that and it refuses to acknowledge it. Why this is happening I do not know as it has never worked that way before and it is very annoying not to be able to play the game.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Jan 6, 13 11:38 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!

Is this yet another game I'm going to be unable to finish. I refuse to restart the game like I've been told to with other games, It's soul destroying! The rest of the game has been OK except for some long black screen pauses between chapters.

I'm having the same problem. I checked the SG during the HOS. When I came back all the items I had already selected were back in place. I know I need the glass shard, but it won't let me take it.

I did exit and return and then uninstalled/re-installed - no change. We cannot finish the game without the item. Things were going so well up to that point.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jan 6, 13 1:12 PM
In the place with the scare crow i can not pick up items to place. My curser changes to an arrow and kicks me out ,wont let me pick up anuthing .So wanted to buy this game hope there is a fix fast.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 6, 13 1:26 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!<Snipped>

Are you doing the 2nd HOS in this guest room? The first time you do the HOS in the guest room a strap is the item received. The mirror shard is not asked for or received until you do the 2nd HOS in this room. I hope it's something as simple as this...would hate for you not to be able to finish the game. I had no technical troubles with completing it.

Go to: