BoaterSue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

How do you get landscapr 8?

[Post New]by BoaterSue on Jan 6, 13 9:08 PM
On level 900+ and still see no landscape #8 but achievements state I need # 8. So where and how do you get it?

Re:How do you get landscapr 8?

[Post New]by KTHuettich on Jan 6, 13 11:30 PM
I wish someone from Big Fish or Playrix would answer this - I have all eight backgrounds and should show the achievement but, I didn't buy the first one, it was already owned at the beginning of the game. This feels like a glitch to me, but probably not enough of one to warrant putting it in the technical difficulties thread.

It's silly, I know to worry about an achievement that I can't complete, but when it is complete and doesn't register, it's... well, frustrating, I guess.

Thanks for letting me vent!

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Jan 8, 13 6:26 PM
I submitted the same question to Playrix last night and am waiting for an answer, as I'm on my 10th tank and STILL don't have credit for 8 backgrounds either.

One thing I found that was fun is to keep clicking on the blowfish and it puffs up, hilarious!

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Jan 11, 13 5:30 PM
KTHuettich wrote:I wish someone from Big Fish or Playrix would answer this - I have all eight backgrounds and should show the achievement but, I didn't buy the first one, it was already owned at the beginning of the game. This feels like a glitch to me, but probably not enough of one to warrant putting it in the technical difficulties thread.

It's silly, I know to worry about an achievement that I can't complete, but when it is complete and doesn't register, it's... well, frustrating, I guess.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Hi all,

I received an answer for this issue from Playrix today:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Support Team. My name is Maria and I am glad to assist you today.

We are very sorry for the delay in response. We experience some problems
with the system but I hope that everything will be back to normal soon.

We are sorry you have experienced problems with the game.
Indeed there was such a problem with the game in the past and our developers
have already fixed it. You can now download and install the updated version of
the game from our website. But I am afraid that after the re-installation all the
game progress will be lost."

So you can reinstall to fix the issue, but your progress will all be lost

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 11, 13 7:34 PM
And that also sounds like a fixed version on the Playrix website, not the BigFish website.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:How do you get landscape 8?

[Post New]by Sheria on Jan 12, 13 10:10 AM
I have the same problem in background achievement. Can't get past 7 of 8 although it shows that all 8 have been bought, and I've used all 8. I'm willing to start over, but the point is well taken whether or not Big Fish has the updated version. I don't want to start over if it's not fixed.

Big Fish, would you please post if/when the updated/fixed version can be downloaded here?

Thanks!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 12, 13 11:18 AM
Hey there Fishies,

You all have done your research about this!

I've checked with our game experts here and we have not yet heard about an update for the game. You can always tell whether an update has been released by checking for a specific announcement in the Forums like these ones here, and by also checking in the Game Manager for a notification.

So there is no need to start the game over yet, but I will definitely look into this for you to see what I can find out!

In the meantime please go ahead and write into Tech Support about this issue. They'll be able to record the incident and collect more information to bring to the game developer.

Thanks and happy swimming!

bfgIzara

Edited on 01/12/2013 at 11:19:59 AM PST

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Jan 12, 13 12:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I submitted to Tech Support per your request.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 16, 13 10:45 AM
A quick update about this! Our team upstairs is reaching out to the developer to see about that new build. Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon about that!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

bfgIzara

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 16, 13 7:23 PM
Thanks for this thread! I have been trying to figure this out tonight, so at least I am not crazy. I thought I was going to have to go through and try to buy again or something, but they all show that I have bought all of them. Looking forward to a fix, hope we don't all loose our progresses!

Sunspangle
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Sunspangle on Feb 19, 13 2:26 PM
I'm with you Koalanut.

As far as I can see from the thread, it has been over a month since the last post about this Landscape 8 glitch so I just thought I'd keep it alive.

I am having the same problem as well. I have purchased all 8 landscapes, and the Achievement Log is only showing 7. I understand that Playrix has issued a "fix" on their site, but that you will loose all your progress if you were to install it.

Hopefully, they will give Big Fish an update soon in which you won't loose all your progress. As of today, I am on level 680. I really don't want to have to re-build all my tanks/decorations/plants and fishes.

Hoping for update/fix soon.

[Post New]by RhondaDianeBrown on Mar 6, 13 6:54 PM
I also have the same problem and cannot get #8. Can someone please let me know what to do. Thanks.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Mar 14, 13 9:37 PM
I am also having the problem. There is a file called GameInfo.xml that appears to contain the information about your progress. I looked in the file and, while I'm no expert in the file's content, it is sure looks like I have purchased all eight backgrounds. So this does appear to be a bug.

By the way, GameInfo.xml and log.htm are in a directory:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Playrix Entertainment\Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition\

IF the bug can be fixed then we should backup that directory prior to downloading and installing a new version. It's possible that restoring the directory with the new version would fix the problem without losing our progress. Of course if the bug is in the GameInfo.xml file then that probably won't work but it's an idea.

I had the game crash and it destroyed something in that directory. Tech Support here told me where the file are. I was not backing them up. Now I include them in my backup. Of course if there is a hidden file then maybe restoring them won't help if another crash occurs.

Go to: