bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Ancient Rome 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 7, 13 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Blue Screen Game Froze

[Post New]by fairedust43 on Jan 7, 13 6:46 PM
I was up to level 13 (I think) Game Froze & went to blue screen - Anyone else have this issue?

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Post any Ancient Rome 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 8, 13 1:36 AM
Hi fairedust43,

I'm sorry to hear the game froze. The blue screen indicates that there is a crash and to make sure your configuration allows the game to run smoothly I suggest that you check our help page:

However if this does not help, please do not hesitate to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team. This is one of the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 2:40 AM
Hi CallmeCoors,

I'm sorry you are seeing this error message - an Access Violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by robinbaethke on Jan 18, 13 11:39 PM
I'm also having the same problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times. I'm now on level 25 and It has frozen on me again. Somebody help! (All drivers and flash player are up-to-date.)

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 19, 13 4:01 AM
Hi robinbaethke,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening.

Since it sounds like you've tried a few different things to get the game working, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team.

They can hopefully figure out what's causing that so you can get back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by princesspeanut on Jan 23, 13 11:55 AM
I am on level 22 and cannot build a forum. In the beginning of the level it does not say anything about a forum, however, when my houses are upgrading it says I need a forum for the last upgrade. On my city menu in the fourth row the beginning tile is blank and this is why I thought it might be a tech issue.
Please help

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 24, 13 9:42 AM
That's definitely odd, princesspeanut!

I would definitely write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix to let them know about the issue. They're great, and will work with you directly to help get the game working again!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by samihughes on Feb 23, 13 3:12 AM
My game keeps freezing on Level 23.
I've uninstalled and reinstalledthe game, all my drivers seem to be up to date and the most frustrating thing is it freezes just before the last couple of houses do the the final upgrade. Any help please?

[Post New]by meowzergt on May 12, 13 2:29 PM
OK, I have stuck with this game I don't know why. My game freezes alot! Some levels I can play hours and hours others is nothing but 10 min freeze 10 min freeze. five min freeze. I end up saving every 2min because I never know what to expect. I am seriously NOT HAPPY. I have all drivers and upadtes installed and have removed and reinstalled 30+ times.Very Disappointed

Jessica

[Post New]by Snabeltier on May 27, 13 2:07 PM
Hi, I have a problem with the sound. I like to listen to Audiobooks on my computer while playing, this is not possible with this game though, because I cannot manage to turn off the natural + music sound completely. Even if I put the sound levels right down, the noise of the city is still there. Its really annoying me right now... hope there is a solution.

Judith

Playing on MAC

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 2:09:08 PM PST

[Post New]by AriesKen on Jul 8, 13 12:33 PM
A gameplay bug has occurred several times. As I produce enough resources to fulfill a level requirement, I receive a pop up asking to ship the resource to Rome. I will hit the yes button, the number of resouces needed to ship to Rome will get subtracted from my total but the level task doesn't get remove or marked as completed. Worse still the resource being shipped will stop producing all together and there is nothing I can do to have the game start producing that particular resource. For example, the level requirement was for 50 pails of flour. I produced 56 then hit yes to ship to Rome. The level task didn't goo away and my total pails of flour showed 6 remaining. After this I could no longer produce flour no matter what I did. My housing projects began to shrink and there was nothing I could do but start the level over. This happened to me 2 times and is very frustrating. Both times I was almost finished with the level but had to start again. Please help.

[Post New]by wrinklyoldplayer on Oct 2, 13 7:37 AM
Hmm. I too am having strange issues. I can be well into the game, break off for a drink or bed, come back and all my city has gone but for a few odd items. No roads, no houses nothing left but the occasion prefecture or tree. When I try to look at previous levels it's as though I haven't completed them yet.

[Post New]by neversurrender on Oct 26, 13 12:20 PM
Have the same issue lost hours of building if I shut down or leave for a time I have down loaded new version 1.2 is this the latest version? Can some one tell me what are the save levels? love the game but getting frustrated. Thanks

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 3:37:46 AM PST

[Post New]by alpacafarmette on Nov 17, 13 7:20 AM
None of my game levels are saving, I get a "black" not blue screen when it freezes, and it begins to get "jumpy" while scrolling through the game after it has a lot of input, and nearly done. I did a DrFelix, got results, but not sure it downloaded.
This is a Mac, 10.6.8

[Post New]by Allynie on Jan 16, 14 4:08 PM
I played the game successfully to level 30. Uninstalled and then
reinstalled to play again. Now on Level 8 the game refuses to
recognize that I have placed a school house next to houses for the
next upgrade. I have installed and reinstalled, added a new player name
twice and played to level 8 with the same issue every time.

HELP

Go to: