athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Is it just me or is this game harder that previous FF games

[Post New]by athene72 on Feb 19, 09 2:41 AM
I can normally hit gold on most levels with previous Farm Frenzy games, but this version is really hard, I am lucky to get silver

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Is it just me or is this game harder that previous FF games

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 19, 09 3:49 AM
I haven't gotten very far yet but yeah I think it's harder. Lol I'm carp at TM games anyway but I love the FF series even if I can barely get silver and haven't managed all gold on either of the first two, and will be lucky to get all silver or better on this one.

skirken
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by skirken on Feb 19, 09 4:28 AM
WAY harder!

But there is a new trick (at least I think its new) you can buy eggs and powder with the plane. And that helped me on a couple levels. Instead of waiting for chickens to lay eggs... just buy what you need.

But its still hard. So far I've had to play every level (except the first 3) multiple times to get gold.

ngj67
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by ngj67 on Feb 19, 09 5:43 AM
i have no problem getting gold but I really don't like the music, the other ones had nice beat this one well sounds like elevator music..lol.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Feb 19, 09 8:09 AM
I think it is more challenging! But I am definitely enjoying it

[Post New]by Browneyegirl99 on Feb 19, 09 8:30 AM
MUCH more difficult, but I love it!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 19, 09 9:09 AM
I love the challenge of this game....the only beef I have so far is the gold timer. On one level it says gold to 1.05 I beat the game three times with my timer at 1.05 and it gives me silver instead. That is very annoying.

Barhi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Barhi on Feb 19, 09 10:18 AM
soymocha wrote:I love the challenge of this game....the only beef I have so far is the gold timer. On one level it says gold to 1.05 I beat the game three times with my timer at 1.05 and it gives me silver instead. That is very annoying.

That's an old Farm Frenzy 'feature' - had it in the other versions too

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 19, 09 10:22 AM
I don't think it's harder. I just think it requires more strategy. Planning ahead. I have a notebook now sitting here where I plan out my moves. I pause every level as soon as it starts so I can see what is required and make a plan. OK a goat will give me $500 if I sell it. It takes them X amount of seconds to give milk and I get Y for the milk. Or I could sell the goat and upgrade this building two times which will give me this much. It makes my brain hurt... But, I love it. I never clicked on the buildings in the first two to get them to produce faster, but I've blown up several buildings in this one when it got down to the wire and I needed that one last thing. Then I laugh like an evil Renfield, "Ha! I got gold! Mess with me..." (OK, I'll go get my morning coffee now and calm down)

Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 222426 on Feb 19, 09 11:02 AM
Yup, definately harder. I also have a beef with the timer. I sometimes get silver when I beat the gold time limit. I can understand possibly getting silver when you meet the gold time. Well...on second thought...I can't understand that, I'm too competetive.
Hope to chat with ya'll as we progress through the game.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Feb 19, 09 11:04 AM
I couldn't do a time management game to save my life. Wish I could - would make for more games I could play. Sigh

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 19, 09 11:19 AM
I've found this one harder too. I'll have to try the egg trick. I hadn't because they are more expensive, but that may help me get gold on levels that I found it impossible.

Thanks Skirken.

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Feb 19, 09 11:23 AM
I think it's definitely more difficult, but I'm still loving it. Am currently on the level where you get loads of animals including pigs for the first time and only have about 45 seconds to get gold. Cannot for the life of me figure it out. Think i'm missing something important but no idea what.

[Post New]by hbgcompgeekgirl on Feb 19, 09 12:59 PM
It is a tad bit more difficult but no so hard that I would get really frustrated over a level. I have been able to get gold on a lot of the levels but I have gotten more silver medals than gold medals... If I didn't get a medal on a particular level I play it again later on to see if I can get a medal for that level...

[Post New]by misformichelle on Feb 19, 09 3:01 PM
I'm feeling doubtful I'll get all gold as I did in previous FF games but somehow I'm okay with that. I love that these games take so much TIME. And just playing one level is just as satisfying as playing 10 levels of other games.

This one is definitely more challenging for me but I'm sure it'll feel easier as I get more aquainted with the feel of this one.

[Post New]by VintageJane on Feb 19, 09 3:02 PM
Didn't even go for the trial. Love the FF games. This is good and in my opinion hard but so frustrating. Normailly I play every level to best until maybe the last 4 or 5. This time I am playing minor rewards and then using that on previous levels to get gold.

Love the game though and for any TM lover would highly recommend.

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Feb 19, 09 3:56 PM
I don't find this too difficult but then again I don't care if I get gold, silver or blue...I consider it a big plus just to finish a level....I find making pizzas confusing as I keep forgetting what I need....Having said all that it is Farm Frenzy after all and I love it just as I do the other two...

[Post New]by misformichelle on Feb 19, 09 4:14 PM
I CONSTANTLY have to recheck what ingredients go in pizza. And CONSTANTLY screw it up. I want to hate those levels but that's just because I'm not smart enough for them.lol. They are a neat little twist.

And right now finishing the levels is all that matters but I get neurotic after the first play and want GOLD! GOLD! GOLD!

popi42
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by popi42 on Feb 19, 09 4:55 PM
I adore this game...best game of all ive played but..this version its really hard...I managed to get all silver except the last one...and about 12 gold...Im working on it though.I like it sssooooo muuuucccchhhhhh !!!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Feb 19, 09 6:26 PM
i played the demo - I am not sure if I will go further than that. I didn't really care for it.
Personally, I like the Farm Mania game better than the Farm Frenzys - wish there were a Farm Mania 2 ...

Go to: