Is anyone else getting really frustrated?

[Post New]by tryingit on Jan 8, 13 1:37 PM
I have been playing this game for some time now. I am on level 53. I have had the same 3 quests since the latest release. I finished a bunch of others but I am making no progress on this set. I play this game everyday and in the last 2 weeks I've only found 1 item for 1 of the quests. I have to admit that I am losing interest. How many times can you explore the same couple of areas hoping for any item that will help. I've explored the same areas so much that I am at the crashing levels. That just makes it even worse. I need 8 more sets of keys, 2 more repair kits and 3 super machines. They REALLY need to do something to make these items appear more often. One item in 2 weeks means I might finish by next Christmas. Is anyone else experiencing this problem to the same that I am?

Re:Is anyone else getting really frustrated?

[Post New]by Smimmie on Jan 8, 13 11:30 PM
Your not the only one lol. I have had the gods drink quest on my screen for about three months!! And still not received the milk cocktail. It does get beyond frustrating at times but the game is addictive so I will keep going. Hopefully they will put a social aspect in during the next update some can trade items! Would make this game so much more enjoyable!! Hope you get what you need soon.

[Post New]by Triggswife on Jan 9, 13 1:17 AM
I find it goes in fits and starts. I found nothing for a bunch of quests for a few weeks and then all of a sudden loads of things showed up on the same day. If I was more cynical I would think it was because I had just bought some diamonds...

But yeah, I'm getting really frustrated.

[Post New]by Smashedpumpkin on Jan 9, 13 7:10 PM
I'd love for them to make an amulet you can earn from a collection, make it a challenging one still of course - but this amulet would be a single use amulet that would allow you to get 1 of each item in a location, or at least double your items gained.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jan 9, 13 9:17 PM
I'm playing on both my desktop and my laptop. Re: the drink quest, I found it very interesting that in one game, I could not get that sweet cherry drink to save my LIFE, while in the other, I have five sweet cherry drinks and can't get a mojito after trying over and over. I think if we could trade around, it would be amazing. I have far too many ribbons in one game and not nearly enough in the other.

[Post New]by SaraUFF on Jan 10, 13 10:52 AM
Frustrated? Oh yeah! I was very excited about this game when it first came out. I got fed up with Mystery Manor. This game looked so promising! I even co-created an unofficial fan forum for this game. Now I'm not only frustrated, but disappointed. Still no social functions and impossible quests. I have full energy right now (545?), 5 honey pots, and other various food items......and no desire to search.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 28, 13 9:15 AM
Smashedpumpkin wrote:I'd love for them to make an amulet you can earn from a collection, make it a challenging one still of course - but this amulet would be a single use amulet that would allow you to get 1 of each item in a location, or at least double your items gained.

I was thinking about this today. Maybe the amulet would make more items appear when you finish a scene. I hate finishing a scene to get one item! That way it would not make the game too easy, just help us move on.
No one wants to continue a game with no progress at all. I'm at the point I would pay for the milk cocktail.

[Post New]by Catstevens6 on Jan 28, 13 11:16 AM
I'm stuck on the same 3 quests as well (repair sets, keys and super machines) with no new quests ever appearing. With 21 more keys needed to complete the 7 key collections, it's gonna take months and months to get them.

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Jan 28, 13 3:27 PM
I'm stuck on some of the same quests, but my issue really is frequency of items vs. how many points it costs for some of the search areas. For instance, it costs 85 points to explore the dragon's cave in the volcano. I have several items I need in there (the snake, the ashtray, even a pair of scissors would be nice) but after spending all those points I come away feeling gypped because all it gives me is ONE button, or a skull (both items I have way more than enough of). My thought is, especially if an area costs a lot of points to explore, the reward should be appropriate to that. Not just one item! Also, if you get to a higher level on an area, like "detective" for example, the number of items rewarded should be commensurate to your level of expertise.

I realize this game is being played faster than the game developers can keep up with, but there are some free-to-play games that do weekly updates, with little bug and item fixes, rather than doing them a month apart. Hopefully they will do something to even out the distribution of items. Even a way to swap items (say, three-for-one) would be better than limiting play to one area in the hopes that after a month of spending points (and money!) on one area you may get one of the six items you're waiting for. That's what causes the frustration.

kandikc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by kandikc on Jan 29, 13 5:51 AM
This doesn't work every time but so far it's been working about 75% of the time. When I need a certain item, I click on it from the choices given before I hit the explore button.and when I'm done, the item I clicked on will be one of the items I get. I was 2 weeks trying to get a pasque flower for the curing balm collection and it worked when I clicked on the flower before I hit explore for the temple.
It's worked on a few others, like the lighter, tobacco pouch, unicorn horn etc.
It might be coincidence, but it doesn't hurt anything to try it.

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Jan 29, 13 7:48 AM
kandikc wrote:This doesn't work every time but so far it's been working about 75% of the time. When I need a certain item, I click on it from the choices given before I hit the explore button.and when I'm done, the item I clicked on will be one of the items I get. I was 2 weeks trying to get a pasque flower for the curing balm collection and it worked when I clicked on the flower before I hit explore for the temple.
It's worked on a few others, like the lighter, tobacco pouch, unicorn horn etc.
It might be coincidence, but it doesn't hurt anything to try it.

I've just tried this several times and it didn't work for me once.

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jan 29, 13 9:14 AM
It might be a coincidence. I used to to it out of frustration and it never worked...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 29, 13 11:51 AM
yeah... level 33 for the 4th time... prices for searching locations too high, all the items for goals are seldom found (scissors and chains even) so I'm staring at the same set of them forever... sooo ready for some improvements

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Jan 29, 13 8:24 PM
gimmegames, are you getting speed bonuses for finding items quickly in each location? Black boxes drop fairly often as bonuses and you get chains regularly from them.

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Jan 30, 13 5:35 PM
In the Tools category of the Inventory, there are magnets that supposedly allow you to get an object that you need for a task. I'm at level 23 and have earned 16 magnets. The only problem is that when I click on the magnet icon, it doesn't activate the magnet. I'm wondering if you have to be at a certain level before you can use the magnet? Or am I supposed to activate the magnet some way that I'm not aware of? This would be a great solution for getting the items for tasks that you can't get as more items are added to each location.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 30, 13 5:50 PM
ginricky49 wrote:In the Tools category of the Inventory, there are magnets that supposedly allow you to get an object that you need for a task. I'm at level 23 and have earned 16 magnets. The only problem is that when I click on the magnet icon, it doesn't activate the magnet. I'm wondering if you have to be at a certain level before you can use the magnet? Or am I supposed to activate the magnet some way that I'm not aware of? This would be a great solution for getting the items for tasks that you can't get as more items are added to each location.

The magnets only work in the HOG scenes. It will locate the current five items you are supposed to be looking for. They can be used at any level.

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jan 30, 13 7:31 PM
The magnet used while exploring a location grabs at once all the 5 items that appear on the list.

3410me
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 3410me on Jan 31, 13 4:30 PM
I wish I could trade all my pink umbrellas for something useful!
The only way I finally got a milk drink was by buying the chest. That tells me this game is not free, it costs money if you want to play more than 10 minutes.
I cant get the items I need and am stuck w/the same quests. Its no fun playing for 15 minutes to get 45 pink umbrellas and 32 dragon eggs lol

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 31, 13 8:00 PM
3410me wrote:I wish I could trade all my pink umbrellas for something useful!
The only way I finally got a milk drink was by buying the chest. That tells me this game is not free, it costs money if you want to play more than 10 minutes.
I cant get the items I need and am stuck w/the same quests. Its no fun playing for 15 minutes to get 45 pink umbrellas and 32 dragon eggs lol

I finally bought the 3rd god's beverage. Cost me $10 bucks. I was just tired of it.

[Post New]by MeggsieH on Feb 1, 13 12:27 AM
I am thoroughly fed up with this game. I play numerous big fish games most of which I enjoy but this one is horrible. Just because it is free is no reason to make it so frustrating. I have bought diamonds but refuse to buy any more because then it would be more expensive than most other big fish games. I think it's just a rort offering it for free knowing that you will have to pay big money to buy diamonds which disappear all too soon. It's time it was fixed to make it enjoyable for everyone once again.

Go to: